PDA

View Full Version : incoming! Legion of the Damned

ac4155
10-18-2009, 05:32 AM
From the e-mail, they will be out in January. :D:D

http://gwutil.com/newpictures/products/INCOMING_LegionOfTheDamned_550x765.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x108/ac4155/INCOMING_LegionOfTheDamned_550x765.jpg

I cant wait and hope they are a plastic set, but by the looks i will still pick up a set. it says to expect more on them in the Games workshop blog on monday.
AC

TSINI
10-18-2009, 05:35 AM
lol if thats true thats hilarious

i'm guessing its going to be a white dwarf sub-dex thingy

the one
10-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Oh my god!!!

Awesome!

eldargal
10-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Ultra-nifty, I hope it isn't a joke.

Herald of Nurgle
10-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Ultra-nifty, I hope it isn't a joke.
I'm afraid it is. That is actually an image of the upcoming Chaos Chosen conversion set, allowing players to form up armies filled with flaming killing machines. It does however have a dual use - the brazier, for example, is simply an icon which can subsequently be used on any backpack in use by the Space Marines/CSM.

Sorry for the delayed response.

The set will market at £35 for 10 models.

N0rdicNinja
10-18-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm afraid it is. That is actually an image of the upcoming Chaos Chosen conversion set, allowing players to form up armies filled with flaming killing machines. It does however have a dual use - the brazier, for example, is simply an icon which can subsequently be used on any backpack in use by the Space Marines/CSM.

My inbox begs to differ, GW seems to be calling them Legion of the Damned

eldargal
10-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Aw.

Yay! Maybe, if accurate.

My inbox begs to differ, GW seems to be calling them Legion of the Damned

the one
10-18-2009, 06:01 AM
Why! Why! I going to die a little bit more...

eldargal
10-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Oh my god it is true, just arrived in my email inbox:

Incoming! Legion of the Damned

Today at Games Day Italy we unveiled the all-new metal Legion of The Damned models.

The Legion of The Damned are Spaces Marines in appearance. Their black armour is adorned with chilling images of bone and fire, and an eerie glow suffuses their sable armour and a halo of ghostly fire dances about their feet. Considered by some to be an extension of the Emperor’s superhuman will and by others as the vengeful and immortal spirits of fallen Space Marines, Damned Legionnaires fight with a chill precision few mortal warriors can match.

Out in January, the Legion of The Damned are an Elite Space Marine unit who can always Deep Strike and can even opt to re-roll the deep strike scatter dice. Also, their 3+ saving throw is invulnerable.

the one
10-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Ha! Me to!

I'm back from the dead (or the cuboard under the stairs)

Kanaellars
10-18-2009, 06:56 AM
It isnt a new LotD codex or anything... we are just finally getting models for the elites choice in the marine book.

They look good... still cant help thinking we should have had them a year ago.

TheBitzBarn
10-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Might want to check your email those are NOT chosen of Chaos they are infact Legion of the Damned and the DO look Much Better but are all Metal

Herald of Nurgle
10-18-2009, 07:29 AM
Might want to check your email those are NOT chosen of Chaos they are infact Legion of the Damned and the DO look Much Better but are all Metal
I know. It was something I like to call 'being hopeful that Chaos gets a 2nd wave'.

bob sprocket
10-18-2009, 07:31 AM
love it. There was a pic of a green a while back, but haven't heard anything between then and the email. they kept that one under wraps well.

It's a metal set, but i'll get one anyway i'm pretty sure.

nick

Maxis Lithium
10-18-2009, 08:14 AM
We saw greens of these yearly this year and last year, I've been wondering when they would get around to releasing the LotD models. Nice looking flamer, I might add.

It'l be nice to replace my existing Lost and the Damned models, as they are horridly out of scale with the rest of my army.

Cryl
10-18-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm not normally one to complain about new models but the example model GW emailed out really isn't that impressive... the brazier on the backpack looks like a reject from an old witch hunter sprue, the helmet has been stolen from a chaplain and the rest of the armour just looks too... well regular power armour for me. The vents on the backpack look like they might be quite nice although the pic doesn't really show them that well.

I'd like to see the others in the set as this might be a less stylised model than the others but I'm hoping for more bones and flames to get the Legion of the Damned feel across properly.

emperorsaxe
10-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Ooooo new LoTD minis love the look of them. Just another item with which GW has deemed to relieve me of another $40.00 ahem.
Respects, Emperorsaxe

tiger505
10-18-2009, 10:41 AM
I have two squads of the old metal LofD as well as some HV weapons. Now I would like to get these new molds as well. I wish GW would come out with a codex for them. A fluff codex that is.

Duke
10-18-2009, 10:56 AM
I have never even played with a unit of these guys... What is everyone experience with them?

Duke

ps the model looks nice, but it's no khorne lord on juggeraut,

DarkLink
10-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Too bad the Legion rules aren't that good. They might be tough to kill, but don't have any offensive punch (at least for the points you spend on them, and in competition to the other Elite choices you have).

Dan-e
10-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Looks like my 20+ old Legion of the Damned Models are becoming Basic Troops : ] because those new ones are too good to pass up.

I wonder if they do any other heavy weapons or if they are going to just do new basic and a Heavy Flamer and just make the old heavy weapon Legion models available collector models.

either way i have to say the painter does his Legions heads the same way as i do, with a Bleach Bone Face and Black Helm... (because all the old pics never do)

emperorsaxe
10-18-2009, 10:32 PM
I use the legion every now and again. Their pros can re-roll the deep strike, can shoot rapid fire and heavy weapons on the move just as if they were stationary, 3+ invul save and are fearless. Cons very,very slow moving, big time bullet magnets and lack of CC weapons. If they can get to grips can be somewhat brutal in CC. Just my two bolter rounds worth tho'.
Respects, Emperorsaxe

MarshalAdamar
10-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Makes me want to dust off my C:SM and take three units of LOTD and try and build an army around that! WOW