PDA

View Full Version : My 3000 pts list

Pendragon38
12-29-2012, 11:17 PM
A player at my LGS wants to play me at 3000 pts with his IG. He wants me to use my league list of 2000pts and add another 1000 pts to it. Sad to say he won't share his list with me so I'm wander what he we bring to the table this Friday. So here's my list mind you ill be leavening my 2000pts list the same. Oh and I'm dropping one of the razorbacks for the points on the 1000pt list.

HQ)
Master of the Forge with conversion beamer at 120 pts

Elites)
Dreadnought with 2 twin linked auto cannons at 125pts
Dreadnought with 2 twin linked auto cannons at 125pts
Dreadnought with twin linked auto cannons and missile launcher at 125pts

Troops)
8 man scout squad with sniper rifles and heavy bolter at 124pts
10 man squad of space marines with flamer and missile launcher at 170pts
10 man squad of space marines with flamer and las cannon with a razorback with twin linked las cannons at 255pts
M
10 man squad of space marines with flamer and missile launcher with a razorback with twin linked las cannons at 245pts

Fast attack)
Stormtalon with twin linked las cannon and assault cannons at 150pts
Stormtalon with twin linked las cannon and missile launcher at 155pts
Heavy)
Thunder fire cannon at 100pts

Fortifications
Agies defense line with quad gun at 100pts

and my extra 1000pts

Hq.
chapter master in terminator armor for 165pts.

troops.
2x five man squads with sniper rifles 150pts.

elites.
2x five man squads of terminator armor 400pts.

iron clad dread with hurricane bolsters and chain fist 135pts with drop pod 35 pts.

Fast attack.
storm talon with sky hammer 155pts.

Tell me what you think he will bring or what I should change on my 1000pts list.

DemonFerret
12-29-2012, 11:53 PM
I think you should drop Ironclad and pod for a Vindicator with siege sheild and extra armour. 140 points, which leaves you 30 points. Gives you a strength 10 large blast that will do big time damage against just about anything guard will bring to the table.

Aegwymourn
12-30-2012, 09:31 AM
I dunno against IG a single vindicator is basically at that top of the list to get killed. That Ironclad in a pod though can get up-close and nasty with them. Really though without knowing what kind of IG they are playing (mech/airforce/blob-squad/etc) we can't really help that much.

Pendragon38
12-30-2012, 10:19 AM
The last time I played him it was a mix of stuff in his list. My concern is he gonna bring some oddball thing to the table.

Perry

Tynskel
12-30-2012, 01:29 PM
I would go with 1000 points of Blood Angels.

HQ 160
160 Captain Smash
–Terminator Armor, Powerfist, Lightning Claw

TROOPS 100
100 Squad Annoyance
–5 scouts, Locator Beacon

ELITES 515
85 Priest Bloodlust
–Sanguinary Priest, Terminator Armour, Power Spear
175 Librarian Thoarster
–Furioso, Librarian, Shield of Sanguinius and Might of Heros (or swap out the powers)
255 Squad Zeal
–6 Terminators, Hv Flamer and powerfist, Sgt. w/Power Lance, 2 Chainfists and Storm Bolters

Hv SUPPORT 225
225 Gilded Edge
–Stormraven, Twin-Lascannons, Typhoon Launchers

Deep strike the Terminators. You can deep strike the Flyer in zooming mode, too, although attaching a Storm Talon is a good idea. The locator Beacon will be useful. Either put the Librarian in the Stormraven, or have him walk along. If you are going to have him walk, you might think about using Wings of Sanguinius. If he's in the flyer, Shield of Sanguinus will be useful-- 5+ cover save plus zooming = very hard to kill stormraven.

Another option is for shanitz and giggles.

HQ 275
275 Sanguinor

TROOPS 225
100 Death Company
–5 Death Company
125 Death Company Dreadnought
–Blood Talons

ELITES 300
85 Priest Bloodlust
–Sanguinary Priest, Terminator Armour, Power Spear
215 Squad Zeal
–5 Terminators, Hv Flamer and powerfist, Sgt. w/Power Lance, 2 Chainfists and Storm Bolters

Hv SUPPORT 200
200 Stormraven
–Twin-Lascannons, Twin-Multi-Melta

The sgt becomes a mini-captain due to Sanguinor's special rules. He'll have Str 6 on the charge at I5 with 4 attacks (5 if Sanguinor is nearby).

Pendragon38
12-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Tynskel I like the shanitiz and giggles list. I just found out he's bring two death strike missiles to the table and maybe an allies of tau for range.

walrusman999
12-30-2012, 02:49 PM
As a Guard player, for 3000 points i could field a nasty army to wipe this out. Odds are he will be fielding a mix though, mostly mech with a large blob or two to take objectives. Since he could easily field some 100 guardsmen for 560 points (platoon command, and 5 stormtrooper squads *base pricing*) That leaves him with roughly 2500 points to field stuff to kill your army with, Expect Fliers (If he hasn't fielded them before then expect some sentinels or and allied detachment of something). Your biggest concern should be if he fields valkyries. All you have are your fliers and one quad gun to really deal with Valkyries, not to mention if he fields vendettas which will make a mockery of your tanks and dreadnoughts. Watch out for some large Leman russ detachments. Probably Executioners and vanquishers. Really though for 3000 points I know I could go crazy with my armies. I personally favor a mechanized army so I would field a lot of chimera to shift my troops around, Vendettas and Valkyries (Around 3 of each or 6 vendetta against your list).

My suggestion would be to remember his valkyrie and vendettas can hover, and if he does hover with them to focus fire them with your thunder-fire cannons as the different shells can really put a pounding onto units (I know i lost two vendettas to them in the last game i played when i hovered for one turn to keep my fliers on the board). You have a good list with good maneuverability. Just play smart and use special abilities to your benefit and you should have him. You don't need to kill his full squad of guardsmen if your snipers will pin him and make him break morale. And be sure to pick your tank targets carefully. If he has executioners you will want to primary them, but vanquishers will destroy your tanks pretty quickly.

I look forward to seeing how this will play out. If you wouldn't mind posting how it went and what he fielded after, that would be awesome. Good luck sir, Emperor Protects!

-EDIT: If he is fielding deathstrikes you really don't need to worry that much. They can't fire first turn so if you send the fliers after them he won't stand a chance second turn.

Pendragon38
12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Walrusman999 thanks for the input on this. Last time I played him he hid his army from my TFC sight till the end of the game. After that he said he's done playing me that's was 3 months ago, guess he wants a rematch now.

walrusman999
12-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Did you win last time?

Tynskel
12-30-2012, 11:29 PM
I have to admit, if you can manage the anti-tank, 3 thunderfire cannons scares me too.

walrusman999
12-31-2012, 12:24 AM
I played a guy with only two and I could say without a doubt, that those two guns by themselves could have probably killed my entire army. And they pretty much did since I screwed up my Deepstrike reroll and my storm troopers either died or landed on my side of the field where they were slaughtered by the thunderfire cannons.

Pendragon38
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Well I got to see his list and its a whooper, 2 manta cores, 2 colossal's, 2 vens, 2 bane hounds and creeed. With a lot of troops to boot. So now how do I take care of him.

Pendragon38
01-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Did you win last time?
No, I was a half an inch shy of my objective so he won.

deed116
01-09-2013, 06:48 AM
honestly i'd leave the autocannon dreads at home, GK do that so much better. I'd grab some tankbusting strenguard (meltagun/combimeltas) in some drop pods for some first turn shock and awe. I love the thoughts of 3 thunderfire cannons behind the aegis though :P I've gota ask though, why the mixed tac squad (lascannon/flamer) would it not be better to have something morew dedicated?