PDA

View Full Version : Tool to cut pewter?

sangrail777
12-29-2012, 03:53 AM
Looking for suggestions on a tool to cut pewter.
Something that could make a straight line cut like a saw
and/or
Something that could cut out a chunk of pewter about 1/2 in and 1/8 thick.

Any body tried useing a drill to bore a hole through pewter? As long as I keep safety in mind I would think this might work.
Would the types of drill bits matter?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions any one might have.

What I'm trying to do is: Cut the lil fury animal head out from inbetween the left arm of the Pewter Sanguinius model created by Scibor many years ago. (Not the newer resin one)

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac104/sangrail777/sanguinius-2_zps7bfaf8d4.jpg

Fizzybubela
12-29-2012, 05:29 AM
And what are you going to do with the little furry animal?

notsoevil
12-29-2012, 09:22 AM
A dremel and a lot of luck.

Your best bet is to try and re-cast just that area. Probably a ***** to do as a gs mold, but doable with patience.

sangrail777
12-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I was thinking I'd mount the lil furry head on a chaos spawn (sacrasm)

Dremel might be doable.
Yeah this is gonna be ruff, I'll probable lose the arm, but I'm prepared for that. My plan is to green stuff create a replacment arm holding a (spacehulk) Grail that has three drops of blood dripping from it. If I pull this off it should be sick.

O' yeah in case anyone wants to know for size comparison:
Scibor Primarch models (I have Horus, Sanguinius, Lemon Russ, Emporer Version 1 and 2) all are a head shorter then the Forgeworld Angron model and much thinner.
And the Kabuki primarch models are about as big as a Tactical Marine, but with a much smaller head.