PDA

View Full Version : Remora help, please?

LordGrise
12-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Uhm... if anyone would assist, it would be appreciated. I have recieved two boxes of Remoras from Forgeworld (kept getting my butt handed to me by a certain player with a Storm Talon, and my wife and sister responded generously - I might have complained about the lopsided defeats a bit...) but did not recieve a data sheet for playing them. The rules for them apparently are not available anywhere on line. I'm not even sure what book I need, or if there's any FAQs I need, or anything. Help?

Nabterayl
12-26-2012, 06:33 PM
You're looking for Aeronautica Imperialis.

Archon Charybdis
12-26-2012, 07:12 PM
You're looking for Aeronautica Imperialis.

I think you mean Imperial Armour: Aeronautica.

Nabterayl
12-26-2012, 07:20 PM
YES! Yes, that is what I mean!

Tynskel
12-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Some rules have changed.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/v/vehicle6thupdates.pdf

A shrouded flyer is pretty wicked. Not to mention, it can hover, and deep strike.
Oh yeah, and you can get 5 of them for one FOC slot. And they are inexpensive in point.

LordGrise
12-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Uhm... there seems to be an issue here. Two folks have responded to my plea for aid by emailing me the data for the Remora (thank you both!) but there is a discrepancy between the two.

What is the damage of the Remora's long-barrel burst cannons? I have 6/4, which is in line with the long-barrel burst cannons that go on the Hammerhead... and I have another citation which says that they are 5/5. Cited range is identical (36 inches) One of these is incorrect... but I do not have access to Aeronautica imperialis (6th edition version, please!) to verify. It would seem odd to have two different values for identically modeled and named weapons on different platforms...?

Nabterayl
12-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Is there an IA: Aeronautica FAQ? The book lists 5/5.

Tynskel
12-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I would check the FAQ. However, I remember it being 36" Heavy 3, Str 5 AP5.

Nabterayl
12-27-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't think there is a FAQ for Imperial Armour Aeronautica (though if there is, link please!). It's not unreasonable for the various long-barreled burst cannon in that book to be upgraded to S6 AP4, as in the latest Tau Forge World update (especially as S5 is not very useful against flyers, and many LBBCs are clearly intended as air-to-air weapons), but as far as I know that hasn't officially happened yet.

Tynskel
12-27-2012, 11:02 PM
yeah, that's true.

The barracuda will go from being awesome to super air superiority fighter if the long barrel burst cannon were to go to str 6.