PDA

View Full Version : Converting Dark Vegeance DAs

Wolfshade
12-26-2012, 06:07 PM
So Christmas has come and I have been brought Dark Vengeance.

The question is what do I do with the marines.

Leave them as is and paint them as Dark Angels
Leave them as is and paint them as Blood Angels with some reason to explain why they have their squad markings
These really aren't my prefered option as I much prefer Blood Angels and feel just painting htem right wouldn't fit in.

Convert them to Blood Angels.

Certainly the winged sword isn't too hard to convert to a winged blood drop but the horizontal double arrow is more problematic

I figure there is a couple of ways to deal with this.

Build up the recesses of the shoulder pads so they are smooth mark V/VI style
File all the raised sections down to retain the raised edge mark VII style.
Saw off the shoulder pads completely and replace them with spares.

Does anyone have any experience of trying any of these approaches and which ones would be recommend?

Dyslexic Dragon
12-27-2012, 01:16 AM
Convert them into fallen Angels :)

ElectricPaladin
12-27-2012, 01:29 AM
Read this (http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-remove-unwanted-shoulderpad-icons.html).

You know how easy he makes it sound?

Actually, it's even easier than that.

My Dark Vengeance marines are all Exorcists now.

Now, you should know, you can leave the arrows if you want. The Codex Astartes says that chapters should switch up their squad markings from time to time just to keep it fresh. The arrow is the universal sign of a tactical squad (just as the cross is the universal sign of the assault squad), but the arrow can be up, up and down, side to side, or other permutations.

fuzzbuket
12-27-2012, 10:42 AM
as someone whos converted all of them into IF its not too bad, grab a warm drink, and a box set of dvd's and sit and scrape them all off and then file it down. as you are doing BA you dont need to get rid of all the wings so thats a bonus :D

Fizzybubela
12-27-2012, 01:11 PM
as someone whos converted all of them into IF its not too bad, grab a warm drink, and a box set of dvd's and sit and scrape them all off and then file it down. as you are doing BA you dont need to get rid of all the wings so thats a bonus :D

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

Wolfshade
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks EP for the link, I remember reading that somewhere before...

But certainly gives me some inspiration.

IIRC if I convert the Tactical squad, well scrap off the DAness then I think that that will make Tactical Squad no. 8, which would mean that I would need to complete a 2nd company :(.