PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely best GW money saver

Denzark
12-26-2012, 07:10 AM
I was looking through the GW UK website. The Imperial Strongpoint retails at £85. However the individual parts are £104 sold spearately. Thats £19 pounds saving, or just under £20%. Can anyone see anything currently a better deal than tha from GW direct?

lobster-overlord
12-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Some online retailers will carry the strong point, but you might have to call them and do it as a special order. I did it once, but my discount was only 10% rather than the usual 20% they offered on GW since it was a "Direct" item.

Direct doesn't mean you can only get it from GW, it just means that they don't offer it as a 'regular' item in their trade sales catalog, but any store with an account can buy them. The discount that store pays is also smaller since it's considered special order only.

Granted, this is how US GW works, not sure, but would expect it to be the same for you as well.

John M>

fuzzbuket
12-27-2012, 10:44 AM
spear of sicarus- Gw's largest and most expensive box set ever had a saving of much more than that :P

/sarcasm

Lukas The Trickster
12-27-2012, 12:44 PM
FW's Legion tactical bundles give a saving of £20 from buying the six packs seperately, although I am hesitant to call paying £160 (plus 12% postage) for 30 space marines a 'deal' :p I still got one though.......

Fizzybubela
12-27-2012, 01:14 PM
FW's Legion tactical bundles give a saving of £20 from buying the six packs seperately, although I am hesitant to call paying £160 (plus 12% postage) for 30 space marines a 'deal' :p I still got one though.......
I want to get the MK3 one but I don't want the type of Bolters that come with it.

Lukas The Trickster
12-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I wasnt bothered, but it wouldnt kill them to let you swap them for another type would it........ Hey ho......:(

Fizzybubela
12-27-2012, 02:05 PM
It would of been good if they let you choose what mark of armour you wanted and the type of Bolters and command upgrades.

Aspire to Glory
12-27-2012, 02:51 PM
I was interested in the Mk 3 as well, but those bolters look like crap.

Definitely should have included the option to customize.

Fizzybubela
12-27-2012, 02:56 PM
I wonder if they will have them on sale for a bit longer as it said in the newsletter that they were only available until Christmas.

Witch_Hunter
12-27-2012, 09:40 PM
If you're handy at scratchbuilding, there are some sneaky things you can do to get your hands on leman russes for cheap. Just check the 'conversion packs' in the store and you can get the old style Leman Russ chassis along with most of the turret and detail components for a smidgen under a tenner (I'm sure they used to be cheaper, too).

I'm using these to build around with some custom track units.
(I'm going to switch up to doing entire scratchbuilt tanks soon though, mostly to keep costs down even further :D)

Denzark
12-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Do tell Witch hunter - I reckon that is the subject of a project log. To help us poor fools save money as well. Welcom BTW!