PDA

View Full Version : Necron army expansion ideas

Occam
12-26-2012, 02:53 AM
Hiya Reddit,
I have much Necron army stuff and christmas money, and was wondering what I should get next.

I have 56 warriors
15 Immortals
3 Overlords
2 Lords
1 Destroyer lord
2 named characters [Trayzn and Orikan]
Trazyn the Infinite
2 home-made crypteks
2 unbuilt ghost arks
1 triarch stalker
3 wraiths [new ones]
24 scarabs
5 Tomb Spyders [one of them is the new canoptek model]
11 Destroyers
4 monoliths
3 Nightscythes
2 command barges
10 deathmarks
and 24 warrior bodies I'll probably convert into more immortals and crypteks.

So what Should I get next? There is a store where I live that will soon be having a a sale and they have the Necron mega force. 1 box left in the whole store, last time I checked. The Forgeworld NECRON CANOPTEK ACANTHRITES seem nice, but they seem a little pricey, as does the Tomb Stalker. Thank you for your input.
So what items don't I have that I should consider? Praetorians? Flayed Ones?

Fizzybubela
12-26-2012, 04:22 AM
I would get the Necron megaforce as it can save you a bit of money. I would also get one Tomb Stalker. The Canoptek Acanthrites aren't really worth it.

Wildcard
12-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Are you building up your forces for maximum effect on the table, or cool and fun / storytelling force? With those amounts of models, there is not a force you couldn't build to a normal size game.

Annihilation barges and doomsday archs you seem to lack currently. build a couple of those if you are collecting the whole range :)

Mr Mystery
12-26-2012, 05:52 AM
More Immortals to be honest. In 1,500, I field three squads of 10.

For me, they are one of the best troops choices out there thanks to their weapons. As I also field a solid core of Warriors, 20 of the Immortals carry Tesla Carbines.

Demonus
12-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Id say at least another 3 wraiths and a Destroyer Lord. Maybe 2 Ann Barges.

Occam
12-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I would get the Necron megaforce as it can save you a bit of money. I would also get one Tomb Stalker. The Canoptek Acanthrites aren't really worth it.

Thank you for your input. So why do you say the Acanthrites aren't worth it? I leaning more towards them over the Tomb Stalker because I could pick up tomb spyders in its place. And I'm trying to build forces for maximum effect, so I was wondering where to put in more funds if at all.

Occam
12-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I am magnetizing the two command barges for this purpose. I like the idea of the Tomb blades--what do you think? I can get the megaforce at a discount due to an end-of-year sale and my tourney winnings.

What do you think of ghost arks vs. Doomsday arks, since I have your attention.

Kawauso
12-26-2012, 07:54 PM
What do you think of ghost arks vs. Doomsday arks, since I have your attention.

Both are a PITA to paint if you go with anything more than a basic scheme. :P

But both are pretty awesome. I would definitely make sure you have at least 1-2 Ghost Arks available for Warriors when you use them but if you want to reach out and touch someone Doomsday Cannons are pretty sweet. I certainly wouldn't advise against a Doomsday Ark or two.