PDA

View Full Version : Rules for new "Wall of Martyrs" fortifications

Iceman
12-25-2012, 01:59 PM
So I just received a few of the Wall of Martyrs kits. Are there rules anywhere that explain their use? Aegis Defense Lines are 50 points and there are rules for them so it would seem like these would have some sort of rules also. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Houghten
12-25-2012, 02:46 PM
There aren't any rules to allow you to take them as a Fortification...yet, anyway. I'd just use them as battlefield debris in a narrative game.

Cap'nSmurfs
12-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Just use the normal rules for terrain. They're scenery rather than a fortification as such, for the moment.

Wildcard
12-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Rumours are they will be getting rules in Dark Angels codex.

That said, they are man made military grade defensive positions, so i would go with 3+ cover save. difficult terrain to climb over if you like

Iceman
12-26-2012, 10:16 AM
OK. Well I guess I will have to figure out how to handle it. I do feel like whatever side has the entrenchments ends up with an advantage. I like the way terrain is placed in 6th edition since it tends to even out any advantages. The thing is that buildings and other area terrain look OK when placed more or less randomly. Not so much with linked entrenchments. I realize that I can set up some sort of narrative mission but I try and avoid that since it is not my strong point. I thought that the way points were assigned to things like the Aegis defense lines, Skyshield landing pad, etc., was a great way to bring them into the game while accounting for the advantages they bring. Hopefully, they will do something like this for the Wall of Martyrs.