PDA

View Full Version : Problem wit my Gehennas Gold paint

Fizzybubela
12-23-2012, 01:54 PM
It may seem like a silly thing to ask but my Gehennas gold paint is a liquidy red colour and when I shake it it makes it worse. Any suggestions?

Cpt Codpiece
12-23-2012, 02:29 PM
vallejo liquid gold :)

but seriously i have not tried GW new metallics yet, but it sounds like you may have a bad one if its not going gold, and staying the carrier colour

Fizzybubela
12-23-2012, 02:44 PM
I think I might have to get the gold base colour.

Fizzybubela
12-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Never mind. My problem is sorted. I just had to shake it a bit more than what I previously did. Thanks for the help. :)

vharing
12-23-2012, 10:30 PM
I was going to suggest stirring it with a tooth pick. I always do that when I get brand new paint.

Fizzybubela
12-24-2012, 02:56 AM
I was going to suggest stirring it with a tooth pick. I always do that when I get brand new paint.
Thanks. I think I will stir it with a tooth pick from now on.

Micky Sims
12-24-2012, 04:55 AM
I can highly recommend putting ball bearings in your paint pots, they help to breakup/mix the paint better when you shake them. Make sure you get stainless steel, otherwise they rust. I get mine from eBay, 100 6mm ball bearings for bikes/slingshots costing £2.

Fizzybubela
12-24-2012, 11:20 AM
I can highly recommend putting ball bearings in your paint pots, they help to breakup/mix the paint better when you shake them. Make sure you get stainless steel, otherwise they rust. I get mine from eBay, 100 6mm ball bearings for bikes/slingshots costing £2.

Thanks for the advice.

Nemesis
12-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Alternatively, you could also invest in a Badger paint mixer. Not expensive, (I got one for £4.99) and battery operated. Well worth the investment. It mixes extremely well. The only paint that defeated it was a bottle of Vallejo's Carmine Red which has formed an impenetrable mass in the bottom of the pot since I got it.
I've used it on acrylics, enamels and lacquers with equal effect.