PDA

View Full Version : Synapse & Force Weapons

jkh
10-16-2009, 04:20 PM
ok so heres my dilema.

pg 50 of the rulebook states that if u pass a test after you wound the creature it suffers instant death due to the power.

BUT...

pg 28 of the tyranid codes states that " tyranids within range of synapse are immune to the effects of instant death caused by weapons with a strength double the creature's toughness."

The thing is that the force weapon is NOT inflicting instant death due to double the toughness rather its inflicting instant death due to a power. Wouldnt this mean that force weapons MAY instant kill synapse creatures. Thoughts?

jkh

(ps. hi im new to the board but have been a long time lurker haha)

Nabterayl
10-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Behold, the errata (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1180140_Tyranids_FAQ_2006-08_5th_Edition.pdf), which solve your problems.

jkh
10-16-2009, 04:58 PM
AHHH thank you.
Not what i like to read but oh well that is the game haha. Any recomendations on taking out big a** nastys? Im playin a game against 2 flyrants and 2 carnifexs....

jkh

MC Tic Tac
10-16-2009, 05:00 PM
AHHH thank you.
Not what i like to read but oh well that is the game haha. Any recomendations on taking out big a** nastys? Im playin a game against 2 flyrants and 2 carnifexs....

jkh

Good job Grey Knight/Deamon Hunter force weapons still can 'remove them from the game' in one hit

Nabterayl
10-16-2009, 05:44 PM
AHHH thank you.

jkh

Well, who you are playing as?

jkh
10-16-2009, 06:51 PM
moved to army lists

Melissia
10-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Use the C:WH or C:DH force weapons then. They aren't effected by Eternal Warrior.

The AKH
10-16-2009, 08:24 PM
AHHH thank you.

jkh

Lascannons.

Multimeltas work too, but you have to be closer, so things can get iffy if the bug doesn't go squish... ;)

Prometheus
10-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Tyranids may only field one Flying Hive Tyrant in a normal game. Its in their codex.

APoc obviously changes that though.

Xas
10-17-2009, 01:56 PM
plasmaguns.

you get 2 shots per weapon.
you wound most of them on 3+, some carnifexi on 4+
you negate armor (flyrant mgiht have a 6+ invul but lol).

4 plasmaguns from marines or 6 from guard should drop a 4 wound one easily.
shoot from inside rhinos/chimeara to have an additional protectiona gainst cc if you fail. 2nd chance then :)