PDA

View Full Version : [2500] Imperial Guard / Inquisition Force

WarHammerman
12-22-2012, 10:33 AM
FLUFF:
The Emperor's Shield, a Space Marines chapter lives in the asteroid belt in the Namted Syetem. And while they are close, and use Namted III as their recruiting world, they rarely pay attention to the planet. This leaves a number of civilians to often defend themselves, until the Space Marines decide to defend the world.
Thankfully, there is a strong Adeptus Mechanicus presence on Namted III, which allows their forces to be used as well. Being that the Space Marines, and Adeptus Mechanicus are so nearby, their planetary defense force is largely civilian militias.

The Emperor's Shield
First Company: Dark Angels
Fifth Company: Black Templar's
Tenth Company: Space Marines (Bikes)
Adeptus Mechanicus Main Force: Blood Angels (11 dreads list)
Namted III Defense Force: Imp Guard / Inquisition.

2500 pts

Company Command Squad
Company Commander [Warlord]
Veteran Heavy Weapons Squad [Missile Launcher]
x2 Company Squads-men w/ Meltaguns
+ Chimera w/ x2 Heavy Bolters
[Kept the Chimera for "mobile command" and to keep the warlord one step safer.]

Penal Legion Squad
(I like that they are cheap, and Scouts)
{These people will be replaced w/ Fantasy figs, for commoners and true civilians.}

Infantry Platoon (A)
[This platoon is the "closer combat" platoon, swarming forward with many bodies]
* Platoon Command Squad w/ x4 Meltaguns
* Commander Chenkov [Power Sword]
* Infantry Squad w/ x1 Meltagun
Sarge [No Upgrades]
Sarge [No Upgrades]
* Special Weapons Squad w/ 3 Meltaguns
* Special Weapons Squad w/ 3 Meltaguns
* Conscripts Squad [x20 bodies] w/ Send in the Next Wave
[These will be one step up from civilians. Most likely Necromunda figs to show 'militia']

Infantry Platoon (B)
[This platoon hangs back and uses more ranged tactics Probably one squad will camp in the Bastion.]
* Platoon Command Squad w/ x2 Meltaguns
Heavy Weapons Squad w/ Missile Launcher
Platoon Commander [No Upgrades]
Sarge [No Upgrades]
Sarge [No Upgrades]
* Heavy Weapons Squad w/ 3 Missile Launchers

Armoured Sentinel Squad
[I really like Sentinels, and the Armored ones are totally fitting w/ TEH]
x3 Sentinels w/ Extra Armor, Missile Launcher, and Hunter-Killer Missile

Leman Russ Squadron
x2 Leman Russ Punishers, w/ Multi-Melta Sponsons & Extra Armor
[Either they can take out large numbers of dudes with their 20-shot gatling + heavy bolter, or they can be more anti-tank/anti-armor with their Sponsons.]

The Emperor's Shield's Bastion
w/ Quad-Gun
[This is loaded with Platoon B, probably missile dudes too]

-- Allied Detachment: Grey Knights --
[Inquisition @ Adeptus Mechanicus]

Inquisitional Henchmen Warband [Troop]
[Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarri Attack Team]
x2 Banishers (as Skitarri) w/ Laspistol & Evicerators (large sawblade arms)
x4 Crusaders (as Defender Servitors) w/ Power Axe & Storm Shield
x2 Inquisitional Servitors w/ Multi-Melta
x3 Inquisitonal Servutors w/ Servo Arm
+ Inqisitor Coteaze
[This is a Close Combat squad, to join the many bodies up front. Perhaps hold an objective]

[Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarri Attack Team]
x6 Jokaero Weaponsmiths (as AdMech Artisans)
x6 Psykers (as AdMech Eletro-Priest)
[This is the Long Range group. The monkeys w/ their mutli-guns poking out, or we can poke 1 Psykers head out and use their death-star attack]

Thank you for your advice! =D
- Hammerman

WarHammerman
12-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Okay so I sat down, looked at a lot of advice, and deiced how I wanted this to feel. Yes, I know I dont have any Valks or Vendettas, but this is a "Largely Civilian" force. The heavier weapons are provided by either AdMech @ AdMech or the local Space Marines Chapter.
So, here is the latest list. Annotated notes and thoughts included.

2500 pts

Company Command Squad
Company Commander (Warlord)
Veteran Heavy Weapons Squad [Missile Launcher]
x2 Company Squads-men w/ Meltaguns
(This, being mechanized can go where it needs. Has weapons for both close and far. Becomes a backup "more bodies" support unit, and helps with Orders as well. Kept it mechanized for mobility, and a little durability.)

Penal Legion Squad
(I really like this unit, and I do like how they are also cheap and scouts.
These will be modeled like those people who stay out in the woods, and survive for months with just a knife and what they can find/kill)

Infantry Platoon (A)
* Platoon Command Squad w/ x4 Flamer
* Commander Chenkov [Power Sword]
* Infantry Squad w/ x1 Flamer
Sarge [No Upgrades]
* Infantry Squad w/ x1 Flamer
Sarge [No Upgrades]
* Special Weapons Squad w/ 3 Flamers
* Special Weapons Squad w/ 3 Flamers
* Conscripts Squad [x20 bodies] w/ Send in the Next Wave (These will be strait up civilians. Most likely Necromunda figs to show 'militia']
(This platoon is the "closer combat" platoon, swarming forward with many bodies)

Infantry Platoon (B)
* Platoon Command Squad w/ x2 Grenade Launchers
Platoon Commander [No Upgrades]
* Infantry Squad w/ x1 Grenade Launcher
Sarge [No Upgrades]
* Infantry Squad w/ x1 Grenade Launcher
Sarge [No Upgrades]
* Heavy Weapons Squad w/ 3 Missile Launchers
(This platoon hangs back and uses more ranged tactics. I suspect a portion of these guys will be manning the Bastion. Lots of AOE to deal with swarms- but the missiles/grenades can be flipped to a more potent single-target shot so they have that flexibility.)

Armoured Sentinel Squad
Adeptus Mechanicus
x3 Sentinels w/ Extra Armor, Missile Launcher, and Hunter-Killer Missile
(I really like Sentinels, and the Armored ones are totally fitting w/ TEH. Missiles again add the flexibility to their arsenal.)

Leman Russ Squadron
Adeptus Mechanicus
x1 Leman Russ Punisher w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons & Extra Armor

Leman Russ Squadron
Adeptus Mechanicus
x1 Leman Russ Executioner w/ Plasma-Cannon Sponsons & Extra Armor

Hydra Flak Tank Battery
Adeptus Mechanicus
x1 Hydra Flak Tank w/ Extra Armor

Imperial Bastion
[The Emperor's Shield]
w/ Quad-Gun Emplacement

-- Allied Detachment: Grey Knights --
(Inquisition @ Adeptus Mechanicus)

Inqisitor Coteaze
(as Tech-Magos)

Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarri Attack Team
x4 Crusaders (as Defender Servitors) w/ Power Axe & Storm Shield
x4 Arco-Flagellent (as Combat Servitors w/ Dual Acro-Flails
x2 Banishers (as Skitarri) w/ Evicerators (large sawblade arms)
(This is a Close Combat squad, to join the many bodies up front. Perhaps hold an objective. The Crusaders take point, once they're out of the Chimera.)

Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarri Attack Team
x5 Psykers (as AdMech Eletro-Priest)
x4 Jokaero Weaponsmiths (as AdMech Artisans)
x2 Servitors w/ Multi-Melta
[This is the Long Range group. The monkies w/ their mutli-guns poking out, or we can poke 1 Psykers head out and use their death-star attack. Coteaze joins this squad, not only cause of his eagle but to keep the servitors in line.]

Well, I'm open to just about any suggestions you all have.

Thank you!
- Hammerman

Colonel Bindoff
12-23-2012, 02:04 PM
If you're paying for chenkov, I'd consider maxing out on conscript bodies to get the full effect. I like the idea of your army. I wouldn't expect your 3 chimeras to last long at 2500 points though. Hard point to offer advice on: without them or valks you're going to be foot slogging, which will make deep field objectives a challenge, but you also don't want a waggon-heavy list. I've had some success with racing a pair of chimeras in for late objective grabs but it's always a risk. Guess I'm just saying be careful with them!

WarHammerman
12-23-2012, 04:19 PM
If you're paying for chenkov, I'd consider maxing out on conscript bodies to get the full effect. I like the idea of your army. I wouldn't expect your 3 chimeras to last long at 2500 points though. Hard point to offer advice on: without them or valks you're going to be foot slogging, which will make deep field objectives a challenge, but you also don't want a waggon-heavy list. I've had some success with racing a pair of chimeras in for late objective grabs but it's always a risk. Guess I'm just saying be careful with them!

The first iteration of the list had WAY more Chimeras, but I was told that in 6th edition the "IG Parking Lot" is no good - i'd be better off just joining everything together and food-blob-slogging my way across the field.

And while i am very much open to the idea of more conscripts, what wold you take out to make space for them?

Colonel Bindoff
12-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Probably the chimeras and go all foot. You only need an extra 120 points to make them up to 50: then try charging them up the centre, soak up some anti infantry firepower whilst your regulars take advantage of the meat shield. I know I'd have no probs killing three chimeras first turn: neither would your list with the missile launchers.

I don't think that all mech is a lost cause though. But stick with your idea, foot guard looks awesome on the field!

WarHammerman
12-24-2012, 09:23 AM
I think I'll go with 2 basic Lemon Russ,no sponsons.
Gets me the points for a full set of Conscripts =D

Colonel Bindoff
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM
I think that's a good shout. People underestimate the plain russ, and at 150 it's a steal.

Only other thing is that you're a little light on AAA. If fliers are dominating the lists of guys you often play against I'd think about another hydra. But these are useless against anything other than fliers/skimmers so don't bother of you don't need them.

Happy gaming!