PDA

View Full Version : 1750 CSM Horde.

OverwatchCNC
12-20-2012, 12:04 AM
I really like the idea of just a horde of Chaos devotees swarming the table top. So here is what I put together.

HQ
Chaos Lord, Axe, MB, SoC, GoM 120

Troops
20 CSM PG, Auto Cannon, PW and MB on the Champ 315
30 Cultists 3x Flamers 145

Heavy Support
10 Havocs 4 Auto Cannons 180

That's 121 Bodies on the table 91 of whom are in PA. I envision problems with AV 14 long range and I will need some luck against flyer heavy lists, but that's the breaks these days. Plus with that many bodies I am thinking I can really limit the flyers movement and dictate the flow of the game better. I have considered dropping one squad of normal CSMs and a few Havoks off wach squad to fit in 20 Noise Marines with Blastmasters and Sonic Blasters for getting rid of all those pesky IG guardsmen hiding behind the now "must have" ADL. Anyone tried something similar to this?

DrLove42
12-20-2012, 03:04 AM
You tlak about must have ADL's and say you suffer from antiflier.

Drop a few havocs, buy a defnece line and a gun to keep guys (partic the cultists alive)

Also maybe lose the autocannons on some of the marines (why keep them? That keeps those squads static) and swap 1 of the Havoc for Lascannons. Help kill 2+ and strengthens you against AV14 a bit. Because at present you phscially can't damage AV14 vehicles. They may not be many of them out there, but a Leman Russ, Land Raider or Monolith will wreck your day

Caitsidhe
12-20-2012, 05:19 AM
I agree with the notion of trimming a few points for an Aegis. I don't see the point of the Cultists in this list at all. You have plenty of scoring units. Drop them and use a hundred of the points to get the ADL w/Auto-Cannon. Drop at least one unit of the Havocs and use those points with the 45 left over from the Cultists to get a full unit of Obliterators. Options are nice. In that same vein I would consider dropping another unit of Havocs for a Defiler to sit back on your side of the board (gear it out for shooting) and pie-plate the hell out of things and as watchdog on the unit(s) you camp behind the ADL.

The point cost will come out about the same and gain you a wider variety of options and increased firepower.

Filthspew
12-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I second dropping the autocannons from the csm squads.
Also, I would pass on the PW.
Horde is to rely on numbers, and with 40 att on the charge, it makes little difference.

I do think cultists are obvious for the horde list, especially as the lord make them fearless.

I would cut the lord down in pts, maybe just with pw.
Then get two and have the other one stay near the Havocs.
To make them fearless as well. He can run to them and get them back if they break.
Might even give both lords a bike, so they can turbo to join any unit that need it the most.

Put melta in the csm squads, they can deal with everything.

Then get an Aegis with quad gun, and give one Havoc squad MLs with flak.
They will put the hurt on flyers.

If any pts to spare, Spawn would be awesome for this list as tar pit and meat shield.