PDA

View Full Version : Here they are... Dark Angels Jan. 2013

Pages : [1] 2

Kenneth Lund
12-19-2012, 03:13 PM
The dice gods have in their infinite wisdome allowed me to snatch a White Dwarf way before it should be possible

So here you are... Sorry for the crap pic. posting.. I am new at this hehe

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5372/img1497ec.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/img1497ec.jpg/)

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1424/img1499d.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/img1499d.jpg/)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7895/img1500muk.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/img1500muk.jpg/)

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1007/img1501id.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/img1501id.jpg/)

Bigred
12-19-2012, 07:05 PM
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4748/img1502aa.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/img1502aa.jpg/)

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/474/img1503y.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/img1503y.jpg/)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7249/img1498qw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/img1498qw.jpg/)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Well... Don't I have an expensive January ahead of me.

I LOVE IT ALL.

SadisticMagician
12-19-2012, 07:10 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth on seeing that land speeder

Brakkart
12-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Not liking the look of that new Land Speeder at all. The Deathwing Knights and the new fighter jet look pretty nifty though, though I doubt the prices for them will! I'm sure my couple mates who play Dark Angels will love this lot. Twin linked plasma guns on the bikes is kinda nasty!

Loving the cover art for the new codex!

Briathos
12-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome, cannot wait, really looking forward to the new codex. My credit card is ready :)

White Tiger88
12-19-2012, 07:25 PM
What the........but...... WHAT ARE THESE THINGS????? the Landspeeder looks fail with more Bling then a Rapper! I do like those little planes though.........wonder if there a new "everyone gets" Or DA only flier.

Lexington
12-19-2012, 07:33 PM
I hereby dub it...The DerpSpeeder.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-19-2012, 07:34 PM
I like it.

White Tiger88
12-19-2012, 07:36 PM

I agree or the Prayer Mobile.

Kirsten
12-19-2012, 07:41 PM
replace belial's weapons either with bare hands so he is shaking his fists going 'you pesky kids!' or with a walking stick and shotgun so he is saying 'get off ma Rock'

Cap'nSmurfs
12-19-2012, 07:41 PM
This is all in that sweet spot between pure nonsense and completely awesome. I approve.

White Tiger88
12-19-2012, 07:45 PM
replace belial's weapons either with bare hands so he is shaking his fists going 'you pesky kids!' or with a walking stick and shotgun so he is saying 'get off ma Rock'

Buy me one and i will make the get off my Rock model............With a watcher in the dark laughing at him.

Kirsten
12-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Buy me one and i will make the get off my Rock model............With a watcher in the dark laughing at him.

a watcher in the dark with wascally wabbit ears?

White Tiger88
12-19-2012, 07:51 PM
a watcher in the dark with wascally wabbit ears?

Yes funny enough i was thinking that...........And maybe a grott on a separate base running away teasing him

Psyberwolfe
12-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Winning Tiger Blood! Looks like the standard Ravenwing formation stays intact also looks like we are keeping the classic DA upgrade sprues. I want an entire air force of the flyers and 3 of the Nightshroud Landspeedrs. DA Fanboi powers ACTIVATE!!!eleventy!!!

Gir
12-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Codex art looks so awesome. So much better than the 5th ed codex art we where getting.

Briathos
12-19-2012, 08:10 PM
I wonder if they will bring out a limited edition version of the codex, like they did with Chaos Space Marines?

White Tiger88
12-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Apparently they have 2 wound terminators & 2 wound bikers.........

Emerald Rose Widow
12-19-2012, 08:29 PM
I like the knights, and I actually kind of like the landspeeder too

soupcan
12-19-2012, 08:36 PM
is that a new master of ravenwing too? i cant tellfrom the pic! glad i been saving my loot lol

Defenestratus
12-19-2012, 08:39 PM
That landspeeder made a part of my insides die. A part that isn't my pancreas because thats already dead.

Anyone else notice that the flyer is just a stormtalon with wings?

White Tiger88
12-19-2012, 08:40 PM
That landspeeder made a part of my insides die. A part that isn't my pancreas because thats already dead.

*pat,pat,pat* Yes i know it looks like they put a landspeeder + Eldar tank in a blender...

Dalleron
12-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Not saying that the Belial model is bad, but it looks boring. And samael looks the same, which works for me.

The Sovereign
12-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Pretty cool I guess. The style isn't really my cup of tea, though. Kinda pissed about the 2 wound termies rumor. If so, then my Wolf Guard should have 2 wounds too. :mad:

For the Derp Angels!

White Tiger88
12-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Pretty cool I guess. The style isn't really my cup of tea, though. Kinda pissed about the 2 wound termies rumor. If so, then my Wolf Guard should have 2 wounds too. :mad:

For the Derp Angels!

DERP FOR THE DERP ANGELS!!! Derps for the 2 wound Derp Knights\Bikers!

Also this codex makes me want to smack Matt Ward even more.

Defenestratus
12-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Also this codex makes me want to smack Matt Ward even more.

Oh so you've read it?!

Please do share its glorious contents with us.

(BTW the book was written by Jeremy Vetock)

White Tiger88
12-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh so you've read it?!

Please do share its glorious contents with us.

I mean the Op rules...i have heard things off the top of my head

-2 Wound Terminators "Deathwing Knights
-2 Wound Bikers (ya T5 W2...not crazy at all)
-Pimped out Storm Talons with wings
-Nut job speeder of death

The Sovereign
12-19-2012, 09:22 PM

Beat me to it. Quite a surprise, considering all rumors pointed to Ward.

Spikey McTorture
12-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Praise the Emperor, I was dreading a Ward release. After what he did with the blood angels and grey knights, I was expecting deep striking land raiders, 1+ invul saves, and ridiculous fluff changes.

Animus Silvanna
12-19-2012, 09:50 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth on seeing that land speeder

Holy fricken GODDDDDDDDDD. That derpspeeder is hideious Blaaaaaaaaaaah its an abomination. I really hope they dont expect those new flyers to be the new cash cow for them. All the other models are fantastic looking, really looks like they highered some second graders to do the concept design for those flyers. Man my wallet is gonna hurt next month =D

Emerald Rose Widow
12-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I am so happy ward isn't doing the codex, I didn't wanna see my bugs cry at yet another ward codex. Though sadly that means ward will probably be doing one of the next codexes coming out soon. Please say no daemons otherwise we are going to cry, all of us.

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Not bad. Too much Ravenwing focus though IMO. Flier is the first marine flier that actually looks alright to me, don't mind it at all. Deathwing stuff is nice too - allthough a shame the rumour about those lion-helment ones wasnt true, also a shame the demi-chaplains seems to be untrue too. Still looks like it does the job and give DA what they needed which was actual unique units.

White Tiger88
12-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Praise the Emperor, I was dreading a Ward release. After what he did with the blood angels and grey knights, I was expecting deep striking land raiders, 1+ invul saves, and ridiculous fluff changes.

This is nothing compared to the new DA or so i hear....

Azrael71
12-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I think i am gonna be broke in january. Sooooo worth it.

Limey El'Jonson
12-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Obviously I'll have to wait until January to find out for sure but I hope that Ravenwing nouveau doesn't put the kibosh on the current Ravenwing. I have all these bikes with TL bolters, and the riders are holding flamers or meltas or plasma guns. I sincerely hope I don't end up breaking arms off of these guys, I put a LOT of work into them.

OverwatchCNC
12-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Obviously I'll have to wait until January to find out for sure but I hope that Ravenwing nouveau doesn't put the kibosh on the current Ravenwing. I have all these bikes with TL bolters, and the riders are holding flamers or meltas or plasma guns. I sincerely hope I don't end up breaking arms off of these guys, I put a LOT of work into them.

You should be fine. It is looking like there are 3 types of bike squads now.

Black Knights: 2 wound TLPG totting baddies.
Command Squad: Looks like C:SM squad on bikes but with a banner and less points(?).
Regular Ravenwing.

They wouldn't get rid of regular RW squads for several reasons the least of which isn't that the DV box set contains "regular" RW.

Dalleron
12-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Who's this bloke not named Matt Ward writing thus coded? Is he new? Has he done some fantasy books? Or a noob?

Brovatar
12-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Guess who's going to paint it all up for eBay ^^

eldargal
12-20-2012, 01:27 AM
The Land Speeder isn't that bad, fits in with the baroque super-monk aesthetic the Dark Angels have going on. No jetbikes which is a good sign.

The terminators are really lovely.

I think Belial needs to have his gun arm dropped down a bit so it isn't pointing in such an odd direction.

OverwatchCNC
12-20-2012, 01:29 AM
The Land Speeder isn't that bad, fits in with the baroque super-monk aesthetic the Dark Angels have going on. No jetbikes which is a good sign.

The terminators are really lovely.

I think Belial needs to have his gun arm dropped down a bit so it isn't pointing in such an odd direction.

Belial needs a whole lot more than that. His legs are just so... Undynamic. Not a word I know but it fits. It is just a very staid sort of sculpt.

eldargal
12-20-2012, 01:39 AM
Oh I don't know, he looks sort of solid and immovable which is nice. The arms are the disappointing elements for me (well, arm).

The flyers are quite nice too, don't really get the 'stormtalon with wings' criticism, most vehicles build on a basic chassis.

newdigitaltau
12-20-2012, 01:51 AM
So it takes 2 guys to drive the landspeeder? Not sure what the guy in the back is supposed to be doing. That's really the only thing that kind of irks me about it.

JMichael
12-20-2012, 01:52 AM
I agree about Belial, but I'll just take one of the Deathwing Knights and make a slight conversion!

JMichael
12-20-2012, 01:53 AM
So it takes 2 guys to drive the landspeeder? Not sure what the guy in the back is supposed to be doing. That's really the only thing that kind of irks me about it.

It is wierd, but there is another version with a twin plasma cannon turret in place of that rear marine and 'icon'.

Aenir
12-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Pardon the Expression... but *SQUEE*

YAY for new DA! Love the Termies, am Meh about the Speeder, flier (Best of the Mehs though!) and Belial...

sangrail777
12-20-2012, 02:08 AM
Looks like thelion is gonna have alot of new toys next month, can't wait to kill'em all!

Deadlift
12-20-2012, 02:10 AM
http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/dark-angels-pics-leaked-codex-and-more.html?m=1

A few more pics here.

Anyone else noticed the distinct lack of "green" dark angels so far ? Really like all the models, including the speeder which I am sure will look so much better in the plastic. £35 for 5 terminators is a bit steep, but these are the breaks. I noticed a bike riding apothecary too, which is neat.
I hope JV does a good job of the rules, I was kind of jazzed when we thought it would be Ward. With luck he is doing Tau :0
Either way fantastic sculpts which for me are more important than rules any day of the week.

4Krieg
12-20-2012, 02:29 AM
Ummmmm. I can agree with the derp-speeder. Its an abomination. Sickeningly bad. The termies are lovely and the knights are OMG! I have one true complaint WTF is up with every sculptor making every sword raised up in the DA army. Every one of them are holding their sword in a salute. I hate it. My DA army is very small compared to my Krieg but every powersword is raised high and every chain sword is held high to the sky gods. Yet now Belial looks bad and has his sword raised high.

DrLove42
12-20-2012, 02:59 AM
The derp speeder....when i saw the first photos on my phone i hated it.

Now after big PC photos its only slightly ugly. Agree with comments that it looks better with the turrets.

Belial...looks amazing. I see what people mean when they talk of static, but so do most terminator armoured models. Thy're wearign a walking tank, its not suprising they're not doing ballet

Simian
12-20-2012, 03:09 AM
so....I'll have 1 flyer, 1 Asmodai, 1 Azekael, the codex and and some of those great looking knights.....here you go GW just take my bonus cheque.

dont like that landspeeder though. and Belial seems to need the bathroom, just stick your hand up and ask lad, go on, be brave

Learn2Eel
12-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Awesome!

So Vetock is writing this, not Ward. I think that is a big relief for lots of players. However, it just means that if the codec is over-powered people won't just say "Ward!" for a change.

Of course, the rumours were that Vetock was writing Daemons and Ward was writing Dark Angels. Hmmmm!

SotonShades
12-20-2012, 03:18 AM
I think I need to change my underwear after seeing that cover pic!

Not sure about the speeder, but I think i'd like it seeing it in the flesh. Love the flyer though!

Denzark
12-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Now then now then kids - as long as the speeder is a hard counter to Cron Air or screamer spam who cares what it looks like...

Learn2Eel
12-20-2012, 03:26 AM
I really don't mind the Land Speeder. It looks a lot like the Pirate Battlecruiser from Starcraft 2, which is cool. The flyer looks very familiar, almost like an upgraded version of the Stormtalon design. The Terminators are awesome!
Belial is cool, but yeah his pose is a bit static.

Hopefully the rules match up. I want a good, fun codex that doesn't tick people off much like Necrons or Grey Knights do....

The Shadow King
12-20-2012, 03:54 AM
Very nice models. Landspeeder looks a little flat in that pic, but very nice otherwise. Terminators are very cool, but bikes are a bit meh.

Learn2Eel
12-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Looking at the Dakka post where the guy is sharing some of the rules.

220 points for a standard Terminator squad.....42 point Terminators (assumed 10 points extra for Sergeant included in base cost)? Interesting.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-20-2012, 04:09 AM
Oh I don't know, he looks sort of solid and immovable which is nice. The arms are the disappointing elements for me (well, arm).

The flyers are quite nice too, don't really get the 'stormtalon with wings' criticism, most vehicles build on a basic chassis.

Hasn't anyone noticed that it looks like an Avenger?

plawolf
12-20-2012, 04:13 AM
I like the new flier and the termies look awesome, but the speeder looks like something Orks would have cobbled together, only they would have done it in better taste.

But look on the bright side, Sisters players should be happy as I can easily see a ton of the shrine bits for the speeder and flier being dumped on ebay on the cheap, which should make a good basis for conversion work on Sisters vehicles.

PS, anyone else notice the big price bump?

£30 for 3 bikes and £45 for the new flier? Ouch!

Learn2Eel
12-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Hasn't anyone noticed that it looks like an Avenger?

I did - when I saw it I thought it was a Forgeworld flier. I knew I had seen it somewhere.

It is hilarious reading around - the amount of people that were complaining about the codex because they assumed Ward was writing it, then all of a sudden changed their tune when they found out Vetock was writing it is simply hilarious!
Seriously, I read along the lines of; "Dark everything, it will be a typical Ward release, bad/over-the-top miniatures, stupid fluff, retcons, unnecessary new units".
Then; "Oh, well, it looks cool. The models are decent, detailed I guess. There is hope at last!"

Ugh. The Ward hate is really laughable nowadays.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-20-2012, 04:29 AM
Indeed. I love Ward. :D

Learn2Eel
12-20-2012, 04:31 AM
I really don't mind him. Certain builds in his codices are OP but really, which codices don't have that? Grey Knights and Necrons are certainly very efficient armies but they have enough weaknesses to make up for that.

Hmm the standard Terminators are 220 points and the Black/Deathwing Knights are 235. From the pictures, I think I can tell why. Ok, the Knights are WS5, but otherwise the same as far as the profile goes. By the look of their models, it seems like they are getting power mauls and storm shields in their base cost. Seems reasonable to me, though I am guessing quite a few people will be annoyed if they can't take other weapon options.
Just a theory.

From the sounds of it, nothing is really jumping out as 'OP' from what has been said, at least, according to the guy posting the pictures. Given the author wrote Orcs and Goblins, hopefully it follows the Chaos Space Marines trend and this isn't ruined by Daemons or Tau (whichever is next).

In reality though, I am happy for Dark Angels players :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Sod those people! :p

DrLove42
12-20-2012, 04:42 AM
I look forward to this book, i really do.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-20-2012, 04:50 AM
I am mega excited! FINALLY! I can use my official codex!!

SadisticMagician
12-20-2012, 05:05 AM
I think the problem with Belieal is that his lower legs and feet are pointing straight forward, as they would if his legs were together. Being apart like that they should be point outwards slightly. The result is a very static and slightly awkward looking pose.

The Deathwing command squad looks great though, especially the Apothecary and the dude with the axe

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-20-2012, 05:16 AM
I'm now curious as to what Hobbit stuff is being released.

I like that they are tagging on a Hobbit release AS WELL AS the main release. Good idea GW.

Mr. Furious
12-20-2012, 05:31 AM
Completely awful models. The flyers were the things I was most excited about and they are a total mess. No matter what the book plays like, I will not even consider playing DA. I have to like the models to get excited about an army and I couldn't be less excited about these models.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Completely awful models. The flyers were the things I was most excited about and they are a total mess. No matter what the book plays like, I will not even consider playing DA. I have to like the models to get excited about an army and I couldn't be less excited about these models.

That's cool. :)

Kirsten
12-20-2012, 06:33 AM

yup, one of the things I hate most about coming on forums, Ward hate and space marine hate, such a waste of time.

I think the problem with Belieal is that his lower legs and feet are pointing straight forward, as they would if his legs were together. Being apart like that they should be point outwards slightly. The result is a very static and slightly awkward looking pose.

yeah that is a big part of it, straight feet and legs, body twisted, arms in a weird pose, he looks like he is about to fall over backwards

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Wait until we see a better pic, if it is like that then repositioning the legs is easy.

Kirsten
12-20-2012, 06:54 AM
for me personally there are so many plastic terminator models available these days I don't really see the point in shelling out for finecast characters most of the time, wouldn't be hard to make a Belial model yourself for a fraction of the cost, there is nothing special about the details on the new one, all bits you can get from elsewhere.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-20-2012, 06:59 AM
True, but I like that model.

Mr Mystery
12-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Not getting the dislike for the Speeder. Whilst not 'OMG MUST HAVE' it certainly isn't something I feel I'd have to convert up myself?

Fliers are cool. Am I seeing it right, and does one of them have a sodding Thunder Fire cannon???

MarneusCalgar
12-20-2012, 07:33 AM
I love the new minis!

But sorry, Lion´s sons, Wolves are still harder than you hahahaha

Brakkart
12-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Not getting the dislike for the Speeder. Whilst not 'OMG MUST HAVE' it certainly isn't something I feel I'd have to convert up myself?

Fliers are cool. Am I seeing it right, and does one of them have a sodding Thunder Fire cannon???

Having looked at the Speeder a few times now I still don't like it with the shrine etc on the back, but the big turret looks okay and seems to actually give a reason for that extra marine to be sat in there.

And yeah I was thinking that about the front weapon on that flyer too, cos if that is a Thunderfire Cannon then that's just sick.

kalibjorn
12-20-2012, 09:12 AM
All told, I like the figures..some of the vehicles leave me a little meh. But let's be realsitic, I'll buy them. If the rules are good.

LETS SEE SOME RULES!!

inquisitorsog
12-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Is GW silently laughing at its customers?

"How crappy can we make a flier/speeder and still get people to buy it?"

And Belial? Belial looks TERRIBLE. If the picture is representative of the actual sculpt, he must be the child Forrest Gump of 40k, leg braces and all. It looks like it was done by a talented freshman art student who hasn't discovered anything about balance or kinematics.

Kirsten
12-20-2012, 10:41 AM
I really want to see whether or not the captains get artificer armour as an option

Wildeybeast
12-20-2012, 10:42 AM
http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/dark-angels-pics-leaked-codex-and-more.html?m=1

A few more pics here.

Anyone else noticed the distinct lack of "green" dark angels so far ? Really like all the models, including the speeder which I am sure will look so much better in the plastic. £35 for 5 terminators is a bit steep, but these are the breaks. I noticed a bike riding apothecary too, which is neat.
I hope JV does a good job of the rules, I was kind of jazzed when we thought it would be Ward. With luck he is doing Tau :0
Either way fantastic sculpts which for me are more important than rules any day of the week.

Glad I'm not the only one who really likes the speeder. I think it looks great.

Nabterayl
12-20-2012, 10:53 AM
From the pics on Faeit's blog, it looks like the shrine on the back of the LSV is actually a piece of wargear, which can be replaced by a twin-linked plasma cannon. That being the case, I'm much more okay with it (and I certainly like the plasma cannon LSV much better, looks-wise). I'm fine with some crazy shrine giving the crazy monks a bonus, less fine with just slapping crazy shrines on things 'cause you know, shrines.

Cpt Codpiece
12-20-2012, 11:16 AM
in all fairness £35 for 5 terms is not actually that bad, considering you get the knights stuff as well as the deathwing stuff too, potential to make both with a little monkeying and a separate box or loads of bits for conversions. its only £7 more than the normal box.

i am liking the hurricane bolters and possible thunder fire of the flier but £45 is quite insane for what is a £27 model in any other chapter.

guess im gonna have to look on ebay for more DV bikers, unless the command squad can be made as normal bikers.

Mike X
12-20-2012, 11:21 AM
The landspeeder is really ugly and so oddly designed. A chapel in the back? A gunner sitting in the engine's hood? And is it just my imagination or do they appear far more black than green?

MajorWesJanson
12-20-2012, 11:26 AM
The landspeeder is really ugly and so oddly designed. A chapel in the back? I gunner sitting in the engine's hood? And is it just my imagination or do they appear far more black than green?

Ravenwing.

Wildeybeast
12-20-2012, 11:26 AM
The landspeeder is really ugly and so oddly designed. A chapel in the back? I gunner sitting in the engine's hood? And is it just my imagination or do they appear far more black than green?

Is that not because they are Ravenwing? I thought all Ravenwing were black, what with Ravens being black and all. Stupid Ravengaurd wannabes.

Wildeybeast
12-20-2012, 11:27 AM

Double post, d'oh!

Mr Mystery
12-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Anyone else thinking those Plasma Cannons look awfully Executionery?

Spamthulhu
12-20-2012, 12:04 PM
I think the Gunner in the front of the Landspeeder looks awkward but the plasma cannon version distracts me with its giant mean gun look.

I think the two character models look a bit stiff overall. I am tempted to build a Ravenwing army finally. Well that is if they actually resolve some of the major weaknesses of bike squads and their punching power.

Looking forward to the release.

Farseer Uthiliesh
12-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I did - when I saw it I thought it was a Forgeworld flier. I knew I had seen it somewhere.

It is hilarious reading around - the amount of people that were complaining about the codex because they assumed Ward was writing it, then all of a sudden changed their tune when they found out Vetock was writing it is simply hilarious!
Seriously, I read along the lines of; "Dark everything, it will be a typical Ward release, bad/over-the-top miniatures, stupid fluff, retcons, unnecessary new units".
Then; "Oh, well, it looks cool. The models are decent, detailed I guess. There is hope at last!"

Noticed that myself.

I hope the models are released before I fly back to Australia, as I'd love to pay UK prices for them.

Maverick421
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Well... Don't I have an expensive January ahead of me.

I LOVE IT ALL.
Luckly my birthday is in January so that should help me get some more mini:)

Cpt Codpiece
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
has anyone actually figured out what is in the normal gunners position on the landspeeder? it just looks like a lump of silver something or other to me.

if i got one though i would have gunner in proper position and rebuild the front of the speeder.

Mr Mystery
12-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Some kind of shield generator is my bet.

Not going on anything, except it looks shield generatory to me.

Perhaps that's what the Pulpit one does? Throws out a bubble shield? I mean any power source capable of powering dual plasma cannons is likely pretty dashed pokey!

Mike X
12-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Is that not because they are Ravenwing? I thought all Ravenwing were black, what with Ravens being black and all. Stupid Ravengaurd wannabes.

I wasn't aware Ravenwing were differently colored. I thought all Dark Angels were green with ivory.

Cpt Codpiece
12-20-2012, 12:38 PM
the way they work is,
normal marines are green with the sergeants being indoctrinated into the deathwing having either robes (be it a bath robe or a towel tucked in their belts).

the ravenwing retain their pre heresy colours named for the pre lion black riders, who cleared the forests of caliban of chaos tainted monsters, these guys know a little of the 'truth'

the deathwing however know most of the truth and all have bone armour or robes (TDA bone, PA robes with green PA).

the fallen DA however all wear black with their robes in ivory and red, as red was their real alternate colour.

Subexarch
12-20-2012, 01:16 PM
has anyone actually figured out what is in the normal gunners position on the landspeeder? it just looks like a lump of silver something or other to me.

if i got one though i would have gunner in proper position and rebuild the front of the speeder.

Its the power supply for the Shield generator/plasma cannons on the back. Shield generator supposedly gives stealth to units within 12" and the cannons fire either 3 small or 1 large template. Or so I've heard.

Wildcard
12-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Deathwing Knights: Terminators with WS5, Storm Shields, power mauls and special rules, incl. Hammer of
Wrath and "Smite" which makes them strike at S10 AP2 for one round. BTW both DW terminators and the knights can be fielded in units of 10 now! Oh and the DW can take plasma cannon and they have USR "split fire"!!!!

As a GK player i am forced to go compare terminators first. ws5 str6, terminator armor and stormshield, possibility to strike at s10 ap2 if the source is correct. (And no mention of unwieldy etc i1- stuff) plus they probably re-roll stuff in close combat (see quote below)

DW knights and black knights have a rule called "Inner Circle" and in the battlereport it is mentioned as giving them some form of re-roll in close combat.

interesting. interesting. what kind of re-rolls would those be? re-roll attacks (without a chaplain of anykind), re-roll failed armor saves? or re-roll wounds? (or a combination of all three)

Dark Talon: Rift cannnon (no rules sited), hurricane bolters and stasis bomb (one use only, dropped on an enemy for - 3 WS and - 3 I)

interesting to see if that -3ws and -3I are for one round or for the rest of the game.

Niphilim fighter: heavy bolters, blacksword missiles (no rules sited, but the battle report later in the issue mentions that the fighter is supposed to be good at taking on enemy flyers, so I guess the missiles are for that), avenger mega bolter/lascannon.

I wonder if i could get Vulcan Mega Bolter with psybolt on my GK Storm Raven if i asked nicely :)

GregMulka
12-20-2012, 05:02 PM
the way they work is,
normal marines are green with the sergeants being indoctrinated into the deathwing having either robes (be it a bath robe or a towel tucked in their belts).

the ravenwing retain their pre heresy colours named for the pre lion black riders, who cleared the forests of caliban of chaos tainted monsters, these guys know a little of the 'truth'

the deathwing however know most of the truth and all have bone armour or robes (TDA bone, PA robes with green PA).

the fallen DA however all wear black with their robes in ivory and red, as red was their real alternate colour.

The Deathwing wear bone armor to honor the squad that landed on a recruiting world overrun by nids. Planetary tradition said the would paint themselves with ash and go forth to die. They didn't.
Did anyone else notice the spikey on the cover art? Playing up the might be chaosy?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-20-2012, 05:08 PM
I CAN'T WAIT FOR JANUARY...

Yessssssss....

Mr Mystery
12-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Anyone got that mystery list to hand? Do any of these releases correlate?

Defenestratus
12-20-2012, 05:16 PM
As a GK player i am forced to go compare terminators first. ws5 str6, terminator armor and stormshield, possibility to strike at s10 ap2 if the source is correct. (And no mention of unwieldy etc i1- stuff) plus they probably re-roll stuff in close combat (see quote below)

interesting. interesting. what kind of re-rolls would those be? re-roll attacks (without a chaplain of anykind), re-roll failed armor saves? or re-roll wounds? (or a combination of all three)

interesting to see if that -3ws and -3I are for one round or for the rest of the game.

I wonder if i could get Vulcan Mega Bolter with psybolt on my GK Storm Raven if i asked nicely :)

Yikes.

I'm going to reserve judgement on a "broken" comment but Str 10 AP 2 @ I4 (presumably) makes Sword of Sanguinius a cheap parlor trick.

DarkLink
12-20-2012, 06:37 PM
While I doubt they get all those buffs (there's probably a catch) and they're probably obscenely expensive, I do have to question why the Dark Angels seem to have more elite units with WS5/BS5/W2 than the Grey Knights. For all the Ward-hate, GKs have always explicitly been the best of the best most elite Marines in all the Imperium. And apparently every other SM Chapter is a bunch of lazy couch potatoes.

And, yeah, the landspeeders are terrible. They could have been pretty good, but no. They're terrible. I would convert from a normal Land Speeder, stick some plasticard and extra guns on it.

Cpt Codpiece
12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
The Deathwing wear bone armor to honor the squad that landed on a recruiting world overrun by nids. Planetary tradition said the would paint themselves with ash and go forth to die. They didn't.
Did anyone else notice the spikey on the cover art? Playing up the might be chaosy?

oh i know 'the tale of two heads talking', was just summing up why the DW paint their suits.

all of the DA stories are all lies to hint at the lions betrayal of the emperor and his deliberate holding back to see who wins, check out the HH books The primarchs 'the Lion' and the nightlords one 'Prince of crows' the lion was not as loyal as people like to make him out to be. the tale of two heads talking could well be about the duality of caliban being home and ultimatly destroyed by the chaos it held for millenia.

the fight with luther could well be a fiction with leanings to the duel between the emperor and horus. but this is not the tijme or the place for this one :)

Uncle Nutsy
12-20-2012, 11:02 PM
an entire codex donated to a few special characters.. that could have easily been put into the main marines book.

/falls over laughing.

And that land speeder..

/falls over laughing again.

That aquilla or whatever it is...

/falls over laughing a third time.

Kuraba
12-21-2012, 07:19 AM
I actually happen to like all the new models.(anyone else?) Though Belial looks pretty plain, and my custom Belial with TH/SS looks much better. Probably won't get either of the new Belial or Asmodai models.
Definitely getting the new Codex, Deathwing, and Ravenwing Knights, the flyers, and will look at the rules for the Landspeeders to see if they are worth it.

I am happy to see someone other than Mat Ward doing codexs' nowadays.
We shouldn't be as popular as armies like Grey Knights/Blood Angels since it wont be a Ward codex, and most of you seem to hate the models. That was my fear if Mat Ward wrote this codex, he would cheese our beloved Dark Angels. And everyone and their mother would play them....

Looking forward to our new codex!

Defenestratus
12-21-2012, 08:17 AM
I actually happen to like all the new models.(anyone else?) Though Belial looks pretty plain, and my custom Belial with TH/SS looks much better. Probably won't get either of the new Belial or Asmodai models.
Definitely getting the new Codex, Deathwing, and Ravenwing Knights, the flyers, and will look at the rules for the Landspeeders to see if they are worth it.

I am happy to see someone other than Mat Ward doing codexs' nowadays.
We shouldn't be as popular as armies like Grey Knights/Blood Angels since it wont be a Ward codex, and most of you seem to hate the models. That was my fear if Mat Ward wrote this codex, he would cheese our beloved Dark Angels. And everyone and their mother would play them....

Looking forward to our new codex!

Seriously.

Get over the Matt Wardism.

Aspire to Glory
12-21-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't always like the paint job that GW gives a model, so I try not to judge initial pics too harshly. Can't wait for preorder!

My wolves will have the most awkward allies ever!

MajorWesJanson
12-21-2012, 12:03 PM

You mean like Imperial Guard and Space Wolves?

Dalleron
12-21-2012, 12:13 PM
You know, for the apparent masses of space wolf players that are out there, I really don't see that many on the table. Possibly this is because I don't attend many tournies, but still, I see 2 regularly, and know of 1 other player.

But that's getting off topic.

mercwitamouth
12-21-2012, 06:51 PM
oh i know 'the tale of two heads talking', was just summing up why the DW paint their suits.

all of the DA stories are all lies to hint at the lions betrayal of the emperor and his deliberate holding back to see who wins, check out the HH books The primarchs 'the Lion' and the nightlords one 'Prince of crows' the lion was not as loyal as people like to make him out to be. the tale of two heads talking could well be about the duality of caliban being home and ultimatly destroyed by the chaos it held for millenia.

the fight with luther could well be a fiction with leanings to the duel between the emperor and horus. but this is not the tijme or the place for this one :)

Just had to drop in and say if you've read all the HH books featuring the DA's then you know that the Lion was fighting traitors in the Gehinnom system to secure the siege engines that Horus would need to assault the Imperial palace. True to his nature he struck as rapidly as possible leaving a majority of his troops behind. His mistake was believing the Perturbo was a loyal primarch, handing the engines over to him to fight against Horus.

This is why he was late to the party. It's also why Astelan believes that the Lion turned, he was not told the full scope of the Lion's plans and Luther was obviously Choas corrupted.

The only thing in doubt is whether Cypher is loyal or not, appointed by the Lion to watch over the Chaos infestation on Caliban but did he flip at the end.

thelion
12-25-2012, 10:47 AM
one more da hatter poking fun and thinking he is original

an entire codex donated to a few special characters.. that could have easily been put into the main marines book.

/falls over laughing.

And that land speeder..

/falls over laughing again.

That aquilla or whatever it is...

/falls over laughing a third time.
/falls over laughing

but in all seriousness there are a few other pics of the land speeder one with twin-linked plasma cannons instead of the chapel thing that looks relay cool it kinda has the car at the end of animal house look to it. i agree that the belial looks bad i just hope that the new rules keep him with customizable lode out i would hate to have to demote my cool one with th/ss to a sgt. and with a slightly diff paint job the flyer would look a bit better and from what i read everyone's issue with it is that it looks like a storm talon well they are both space marine vics that do about the same thing so of course they look kinda alike i don't see anyone downing on razor backs and predators b/c they use the rhino body. as far as putting us all in the sm codex they tried something like that back in 3rd ed (i think it was 3rd ed) with the "angels of death" codex and we all remember what a flop that was that was. so i have to believe that you don't relay mean that first part and wish you a very merry X-mass

RGilbert26
12-25-2012, 02:18 PM
The new flyer is just the Stormtalon with wings and different guns.

DarkLink
12-25-2012, 02:50 PM

Put like four pages in the next WD containing the special characters and the Chapter Tactics: Dark Angels rule. Easy.

Mr Mystery
12-25-2012, 03:55 PM
And what if their unique units?

Or are we just going to pretend they don't exist for sake of hyperbole?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Well I would like a Codex for my army, so you guys can all go and get stuffed, quite frankly! :p

Mr Mystery
12-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Well I would like a Codex for my army, so you guys can all go and get stuffed, quite frankly! :p

That and any army out there could be done as a couple of articles.

Except most people like their background and dedicated book.

eldargal
12-26-2012, 03:45 AM
The new flyer is just the Stormtalon with wings and different guns.
I know right, I'm still getting over the dissapointment of the predator just being a rhino with a turret and different guns and they go and spring this on us..

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-26-2012, 03:59 AM
I know right, I'm still getting over the dissapointment of the predator just being a rhino with a turret and different guns and they go and spring this on us..

*chuckles*

thelion
12-26-2012, 04:14 AM
lol

RGilbert26
12-26-2012, 07:02 AM

No need for sarcasm or that tone.

Learn2Eel
12-26-2012, 07:07 AM

I'm sorry, what? She said something that was both humorous and valid.

eldargal
12-26-2012, 07:25 AM

It wasn't sarcasm, it was a tongue in cheek reminder that GW have been using the same chassis for various kits for two decades or so, be it the rhino, land raider or falcon chassis.

Mr Mystery
12-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Not to mention the Leman Russ or Chimera chassis!

Though I remember when the Chimera was a variant of the Basilisk....

eldargal
12-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Yup. Not really sure why all of a sudden it is an issue with this release and not the zillion LR/rhino/chimera/russ variants out there.

Kirsten
12-26-2012, 07:42 AM
I really like it, I am going to get one to convert into something else personally

Wildcard
12-26-2012, 08:37 AM
I really like it, I am going to get one to convert into something else personally

Like into a stormraven? :)

In my opinion its ok, fine, good and even nice to have one chassis for multiple platforms. However, i would like to see some form of difference when it comes to same chassis, yet different armor values (rhino vs predator vs vindicator front armors)

That said, i would like to have more chassis to represent different type or role vehicles. GK is kinda limited in its vehicles currently, yet there are slots that could be filled with nice different light/medium/heavy stc chassis

Mr Mystery
12-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Yup. Not really sure why all of a sudden it is an issue with this release and not the zillion LR/rhino/chimera/russ variants out there.

An unkind person might suggest it's just people determined to find something, anything to whinge about, and the model itself is really cool?

Thankfully most people like that live on Dakkadakka, the home of the pointless whinge.

Deadlift
12-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Well I really like all the models, but instead of DA, I'm thinking Angels of Vengence. That way I can use both the new DA codex and my favorite vanilla depending on what units I field :)

Kirsten
12-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Like into a stormraven?

no something a bit more exotic

Spikey McTorture
12-26-2012, 11:23 AM
no something a bit more exotic
Let me guess, a storm talon!

Kirsten
12-26-2012, 11:51 AM
nope

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-26-2012, 12:19 PM
A giraffe!

Kirsten
12-26-2012, 12:31 PM
damn, you have ruined the surprise

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry. :(

LordGrise
12-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Just saw the pics on the first page. First thought - that landspeeder and the one flier with the white thingy on the back both look like the DA jacked them out of a Sisters of Battle garage, then attempted to cover up what they had done by tossing the flamers and installing something with a bit more authority.

Second thought? The landspeeder is railgun bait. The fliers await the coming of Commander Longshot's Flying Circus - ::evil grin:: I got Remoras for Christmas, and I don't mean one box of them...

RGilbert26
12-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Interesting thing about the flyer is that the box makes two different units.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Hmmmm...

I cannot wait for Friday...

RGilbert26
12-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Pre-order wont be this Friday.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-26-2012, 06:34 PM
But it's the last Friday of the month?

MajorWesJanson
12-26-2012, 09:02 PM
But it's the last Friday of the month?

Holidays pushed it back. Preorder will go up Jan 5 for release Jan 12

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Snap.

eldargal
12-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Not sure if these have been posted yet:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/pinsofwar2/Blog+Pictures/DeathWing+Details.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/pinsofwar2/Blog+Pictures/Deathwing+Plasma.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/pinsofwar2/Blog+Pictures/Dark+Angels+Standard+Bearer.jpg

I like the Deathwing, don't care hat anyone says about them being static.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-29-2012, 08:55 AM
I haven't seen them, that UNDERSLUNG PLASMA CANNON. Oooooah!

Fizzybubela
12-29-2012, 08:57 AM
After my Iron Warriors, Dark Angels will be my next army along with my Warriors of Chaos. Any Thunder Hammers with the Deathwing?

eldargal
12-29-2012, 08:58 AM
The underslung plasma cannon is rather sexy, even by sexy plasma weaponry standards. By the way, the Watcher in the Dark comes with the Deathwing set.

Fizzybubela
12-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Oh man. So Azrael isn't being updated?

Farseer Uthiliesh
12-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Everything looks fantastic. My credit card is going to hate me on the 5th.

eldargal
No idea.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
I knew that Terminators would be able to take them! Knew it!
Oh joyous day. :)

By the way, the Watcher in the Dark comes with the Deathwing set.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious, Miss Points-out-the-obvious-a-lot. :p

Fizzybubela
12-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Finally I won't have to convert Warriors of Chaos shields to go on Terminators!

eldargal
12-29-2012, 09:02 AM
I just wanted to make sure it was clear, it's not like it is a sprue pic and he isn't pictures again the action scene photo

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Fizz - Why don't you ask all of your questions on one post? Now it's a very confusing conversation to track.

Also, I love that each of the flail balls has a power pack, that's epic. xD

Fizzybubela
12-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Is it just me or does the Deathwing Sergeant have the same pose as the Chaos Lord in Dark Vengeance.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-29-2012, 09:04 AM
It's not just you, I pointed that out in a thread somewhere.

Fizzybubela
12-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Fizz - Why don't you ask all of your questions on one post? Now it's a very confusing conversation to track.

Also, I love that each of the flail balls has a power pack, that's epic. xD

Okay. Next time I ask a question it will be all on one post. :) I can't wait till next Friday for these to go on advance order!

Mr Mystery
12-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Loving the lightning claws!

Anurien
12-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Power Armoured Standard Bearer looks to be a finecast version of the old Bethor Model but with an additional Sculpted Banner.
The Terminator Banner? I cant tell if that is painted or sculpted but I think it looks sculpted.

Deathwing look better and better each time I see them. I look forward to Pre-orders.

And a set of Watchers carrying everything a Space Marine needs :D

Thanks for the pics

Kirsten
12-29-2012, 10:45 AM
really like the deathwing, though the robed spectre holding the broken sword looks really guilty to me, like he has just broken it himself

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-29-2012, 10:53 AM
really like the deathwing, though the robed spectre holding the broken sword looks really guilty to me, like he has just broken it himself

He must feel so guilty. :p

Aspire to Glory
12-29-2012, 12:40 PM
They look fantastic, generic accusations of "static" be damned. Haters gonna hate.

I'm pretty excited about this release.

I may put a keg of beer on the watcher's back. So that it may properly see to its masters' needs.

plawolf
12-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Not sure if these have been posted yet:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pinsofwar2/Blog+Pictures/Deathwing+Plasma.jpg

I like the Deathwing, don't care hat anyone says about them being static.

Ooow! Is that a scythe I see on the far left termie in the group shot? I've been looking for one of these. :D

Love the new deathwing, although I am a little miffed the twin claws guy seemed to have copied the stance from Brother Claudio, that's a Blood Angels move featherboy, keep your traitorous mitts off! :p

Fizzybubela
12-29-2012, 02:06 PM
I just think its the wing on the bike. It might be a mace though. :)

plawolf
12-29-2012, 02:44 PM
I just think its the wing on the bike. It might be a mace though. :)

Looks like you are right. Guess I will have to keep on looking for that elusive scythe. :/

Learn2Eel
12-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Looking very nice.

MarneusCalgar
12-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Here you got more pics:

http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/rumores-fotos-de-la-white-dwarf-casi.html

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Here you got more pics:

http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/rumores-fotos-de-la-white-dwarf-casi.html

Oh Marneus, you beautiful Spaniard you. :D

MarneusCalgar
12-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Hehehehe if you need any translation please tell me... but that entry is lesser in words... to be bigger in pics.

Sorry for not uploading them here but it´s 19 new and exclusive pics! ;)

Emerald Rose Widow
12-29-2012, 07:44 PM
I really like the knights a lot so far, and the flier is growing on me.

Learn2Eel
12-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Just noticed the release date - 12th of January! I'm looking forward to seeing how they fare. I may even look at starting them, but it won't be until I've finished my Tyranids.

Emerald Rose Widow
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
just noticed the release date - 12th of january! I'm looking forward to seeing how they fare. I may even look at starting them, but it won't be until i've finished my tyranids.

nomnomnom

MarneusCalgar
12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Did I told you before...

There´s still more pics?

http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/rumores-y-aun-mas-y-mas-fotos.html

Hehehehehehe

Aspire to Glory
12-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Wait... does the knight unit say 325 on points??? Surely I'm just mistaking that due to the resolution...

eldargal
12-30-2012, 04:31 AM
So as usual the hobby community has gone from 'omg those small, blurry pictures of new releases from only one angle look terrible, what was GW thinking?! NERDRAGE!' to 'Wow, these extra, larger pictures of the forthcoming release from even more angles make everything look so much better, hugs for GW!'.

:rolleyes:

Anurien
12-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Yup.

Is that not always the way? It is a Tradition.
They do look very good. I hope the Knights hooded heads can easily be replaced with Helmets though. All my Deathwing barring 1 Space Hulk miniature and 2 librarians have helms. Not sure I want my heavily armoured guys to be walking around bare headed.

EDIT: is that a new Dreadnought? Next to Deathwing Land Raider? Painted in Deathwing colours? I cant make out if it has new details on it or if it is just various kits and/or Forgeworld pieces.

Mr Mystery
12-30-2012, 05:19 AM
I'm fairly sure it's the Venerable Dreadnought with the slab sarcophagus, but I can't be sure...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-30-2012, 05:22 AM
Dat Avenger Mega Bolter.

Anurien
12-30-2012, 05:24 AM
I was looking at the legs, it could be the angles but it looks to have 2 arches on the left leg and something different on the right. I cant think if the Venerable has that. Also the Plasma cannon seems to have slightly different details on the shoulder but that could be extra details added rather than sculpted.

Maybe wishful thinking but hope is always there.

Deadlift
12-30-2012, 05:35 AM
So as usual the hobby community has gone from 'omg those small, blurry pictures of new releases from only one angle look terrible, what was GW thinking?! NERDRAGE!' to 'Wow, these extra, larger pictures of the forthcoming release from even more angles make everything look so much better, hugs for GW!'.

:rolleyes:

I said from the off that I liked the speeder variant ;)
I know that the Dark Angels codex is going to be Ravenwing and Deathwing centric, but it would be nice to see just a bit more stuff in green.
Either way I have invested in 4 sheets of the Angels of Vengence transfers, I'm looking forward to having a go at those Deathwing and painting them in Red and Black, I'm thinking either glowing green or purple power weapons, fists and claws.

eldargal
12-30-2012, 05:38 AM
So did I. We liked it before it was cool!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-30-2012, 05:40 AM
Jus' sayin'... but I liked everything from the start.... Y'know, just throwing it out there....

My Dark Angels are very happy right now, but now I need to get rid of two Stormtalons...

Mr Mystery
12-30-2012, 05:45 AM
I'm not sure many have change their mind, so much as the predictable, default reaction of 'slag it off' can no longer be supported in light of the better pictures.

Look back at the earlier posts, and note the lack of actual constructive explanation of view. I don't think you'll find any, beyond 'I don't like it, so nobody should'

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-30-2012, 06:11 AM
Those people should fall off of cliffs.

Houghten
12-30-2012, 06:19 AM
Yeah, well, I STILL don't like it. :P

Fortunately for me, I converted a typhoon pattern plasma cannon nearly three years ago now. I finally have a legitimate use for it, as a better Land Speeder Vengeance.

eldargal
12-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Looks like we have ourselves one of them self-hating Dark Angel speeder-thing fans.

;)

Dominic
12-30-2012, 06:22 AM
I actually really like them, while I've always been a dark angels fan, I can't say there's only model there that I don't like.

Especially the hooded heads, think that's a great idea for the deathwing, kinda considering having hooded heads for all the deathwing, not just the knights (though leaving the robed bodies for just the knights)

MarneusCalgar
12-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone for visiting my blog... today we have break out our visiting record of ever!

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-30-2012, 07:56 AM
I don't really think the Landspeeder is as bad as people make out, personally. It didn't exactly "wow" me on first look, but it didn't make me want to claw my eyes out either. I think it is Okay, then again human sci-fi vehicles are often boring to me - from a sculptors Point of view, I'm not sure I could do any better either to be fair. I also think the flier is the best of the space marine ones so far.

I definitely like the Deathwing kit though, at that price I wouldnt buy one - but It looks like a really good kit - and I guess the unused bits could be used on vanilla termies to make them look more properly DA-ish.

If I had one criticism, it's that I feel there is too many Ravenwing kits (3 out of 4). I would of personally swapped one of those kits out for that rumoured demi-chaplain type unit to add a bit of balance to the release - but that's just me, I tend to go for the infantry over vehicles.

Kirsten
12-30-2012, 07:57 AM
ooh, the dark angel fighter thing has given me another idea too

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Is it a giraffe?

Kirsten
12-30-2012, 08:03 AM
two giraffes and a hippo

eldargal
12-30-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't have any kind of problem with someone saying 'I really hate the speeder thing because....' and they go onto elaborate why. Fair enough. What annoys me is this same kneejerk 'omg it is all teh suxxors wut is GW thinking it all lewks lik toyz!' reaction with EVERY fudging release.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-30-2012, 08:08 AM
two giraffes and a hippo

Mother of the Gods!

Kirsten
12-30-2012, 08:10 AM
I don't actively dislike the speeder, I just think the normal front end looks much better, the pulpit gunner on the new one looks very cramped and strange to me, and the thing covering the gunners usual position is bizarre. don't like Belial because his pose just looks very awkward, feet close together and parallel, body twisted a little, old tired looking face

eldargal
12-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Belial is the only thing so far I don't care for, mostly for the reasons you describe. I actually like the speeder because it reminds me of the over-the-top, gothic vibe Blanche defined 40k/the IoM with and that we don't see enough of on the 40k battlefield.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-30-2012, 08:21 AM
I like that Belial actually has a model...

I hope Ezekiel is actually good now...

archimbald
12-30-2012, 10:01 AM
a bit off topic but is there any word of any sternguard vets for the DA in the WD?

MajorWesJanson
12-30-2012, 11:52 AM
a bit off topic but is there any word of any sternguard vets for the DA in the WD?

DA don't get them. They have Company Vets instead. No special ammo for DA.

plawolf
12-30-2012, 12:17 PM
DA don't get them. They have Company Vets instead. No special ammo for DA.

With the amount of plasma they will be packing, who needs puny steruguard special ammo anyways?

Mr Mystery
12-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Well, so far as we know!

archimbald
12-30-2012, 04:31 PM
thanks, just gonna use them as standard marines then, love the models and rules,

Necron2.0
12-31-2012, 12:55 AM
So, regarding this:

Are those plasma cannons, or those some kind of big-azz speakers? :D

I don't know why but my first impression of that back turret was of an MC working a sound system, with old school tape cassettes spread out in front of him.

YEAAAAAAAHHH!! Dark Angels in da HOOOOOUUUUSSE!!

Give it up for the main MC* - BELIAAAAAAAALLLLL!!

* MC = Master of the Chapter

Eupackardia
12-31-2012, 02:56 AM
Scriii Scrrrii Scrrrriiii Woobwooobwwoowoowoooowwwwowwooooooob
Dark Angel dance clubs must get pretty damn hot.

Eupackardia
12-31-2012, 02:57 AM
So, regarding this:

Are those plasma cannons, or those some kind of big-azz speakers? :D

I don't know why but my first impression of that back turret was of an MC working a sound system, with old school tape cassettes spread out in front of him.

YEAAAAAAAHHH!! Dark Angels in da HOOOOOUUUUSSE!!

Give it up for the main MC* - BELIAAAAAAAALLLLL!!

* MC = Master of the Chapter

Scrii Scrriii Scrrrriiiii Woooob woooob wooobwoowwowoooowwooowowoooooob

Dark angel dance clubs must get pretty damn hot.

Ozlord93
12-31-2012, 03:02 AM
Hi, I'm new by the way =]
I was gonna say... new Dark Angels...sweeeeeeeet (apart from the speeder, i'm sorry but it looks too much like hovering chapel than something that zooms around at high speed =P)

Dominic
12-31-2012, 03:47 AM
All the pictures in one place, if like me you had trouble viewing attachments (they just don't work on the iPad), follow the link below to a page will all the pictures on.

ALL THE NEW PICTURES (http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-blog-is-up-and-running.html)

Boomstick
12-31-2012, 04:11 AM
Hi, I'm new by the way =]
I was gonna say... new Dark Angels...sweeeeeeeet (apart from the speeder, i'm sorry but it looks too much like hovering chapel than something that zooms around at high speed =P)

And thats why its my favorite thing in the new range.

Mr Mystery
12-31-2012, 06:41 AM
I notice that the Nephilim can be equipped with the Avenger Mega Bolter.

Wonder if it has other, as yet unseen options in it's place?

MarneusCalgar
12-31-2012, 07:46 AM
So... how many of you will collect the new Dark Angels?

Dominic
12-31-2012, 07:49 AM
I've just been sent some more (yes more!) new pictures!

PICTURES (http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-blog-is-up-and-running.html)

eldargal
12-31-2012, 08:19 AM

I may buy some bits and pieces (Deathwing, flyer(s), speeder) to add to my Dark Vengeance bits and pieces, just enough to make a little display army.

DrLove42
12-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Tac Squads can take Flakk Missiles? Thats gonna shake things up a bit

Houghten
12-31-2012, 08:53 AM

Well, I'll certainly be leaving the Vengeance / Darkshroud well enough alone, but I think I'll get a couple of Nephilim / Dark Talons. And some Deathwing. Aaaaaaaaand some new Ravenwing.

Dominic
12-31-2012, 09:14 AM

Me! And due to how much I like the models (not a single one I dislike), I can see myself owning at least one of everything released!

david5th
12-31-2012, 09:45 AM

Unfortunately no, World Eaters HH/CSM and Khorne Daemon armies I've just started take up all hobby time.

Dominic
12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Think its also safe to assume that (based on the CSM release) that we'll see the iPad version of the codex released on the 12th along with the paper copy

Biggaz
12-31-2012, 10:14 AM
was gonna do a dark angels army but having seen pics don't think i will, more flying bricks and static figures. How come forge world can come out with great figures and games workshop gives us the joke stuff

bootdos
12-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Pretty cool pics...I like the robed Vets...would be nice if GW gave them a few more different poses.

bootdos
12-31-2012, 10:25 AM
My boys are going to give me my late christmas present...DA codex and some models. Not sure if I am going to go crazy on
all the new models...but will look at my army and see where I need to tweak it. I am still learning how to play, but my army
is quite large...around the 5 - 6000 pt range. Also have a good size Grey Knights army as well.

Lady Fenris
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Everytime I look at the speeder all I can think of is "when a land raider and a land speeder love eachother very much..." :P

As for Dark Angels I'm honestly pretty meh on them. It's just another codex Matt Ward overpowered and no doubt screwed up the fluff for. This Space Wolf is just going to ignore them and continue to pray that her Space Wolves won't be violated by Mat Ward.

Mud Duck
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Is it me or does it look like the pulpit gunner is in danger of getting his head plasma'ed off anytime those cannons are fired. Why, oh why do they do this to themselves? What is wrong with the gunner staying in the right seat? No, they have to go and squeeze him in the nose of the thing, in line with the main cannons.... Someone must have a WW1 bomber fetish =)

david5th
12-31-2012, 11:00 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=6600070

Trailer up.

Houghten
12-31-2012, 11:02 AM
I'll agree he looks horrible there in the nose, but I don't think he's any higher up than he would have been in the seat.

As for Dark Angels I'm honestly pretty meh on them. It's just another codex Matt Ward overpowered and no doubt screwed up the fluff for.
Why do people keep saying that? It's a Jeremy Vetock codex, according to every rumour I can find. I shudder at Ward's fluff as much as anyone but that's no reason to hate every upcoming codex in case he might have touched it.

Anurien
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Everytime I look at the speeder all I can think of is "when a land raider and a land speeder love eachother very much..." :P

As for Dark Angels I'm honestly pretty meh on them. It's just another codex Matt Ward overpowered and no doubt screwed up the fluff for. This Space Wolf is just going to ignore them and continue to pray that her Space Wolves won't be violated by Mat Ward.

Fnarff! Maybe it's true love.
And you can be fine about them or even meh, we dont hate you for following a runty dog with no honour...:D

Ward? Some one ain't reading the rumors.....or maybe I did not need to mention Rumors. It's hard to learn to read when the only text you see is rolled up, traveling fast and hits you on the nose for making with the yellow snow again. :eek:

Is it me or does it look like the pulpit gunner is in danger of getting his head plasma'ed off anytime those cannons are fired. Why, oh why do they do this to themselves? What is wrong with the gunner staying in the right seat? No, they have to go and squeeze him in the nose of the thing, in line with the main cannons.... Someone must have a WW1 bomber fetish =)

In order:-
It's you and one half of the internet. The other half think it's fine.
They have not done this. Cos it aint in line with the cannons.
Nothing, apart from a better field of fire and range in the forward pulpit.

Again..he aint in line.
Maybe some one does have a fetish with WW2 bombers. Have you read White Dwarf? there are more than a few crazy orks.

EDIT: I joke, I kid, I kid

musical-fool
12-31-2012, 11:33 AM
RW battleforce no longer available normal as we now have a date.

Does anyone remember how much the CSM "almighty-everything-and-the-kitchen-sink" bundle cost? It's been an expensive December and need to see how many pints I'll be giving up this month ^^

Houghten
12-31-2012, 12:01 PM
The one-click bundles don't actually save you any money, just the time you would have otherwise taken to fill your cart.

bfmusashi
12-31-2012, 12:16 PM
I think I really like the "come at me bro" terminator with lightning claws. I also really like the stretch land speeder, but I'm also of the opinion the original Noise Marine is the best model Citadel's ever produced.

Lady Fenris
12-31-2012, 12:30 PM
I'll agree he looks horrible there in the nose, but I don't think he's any higher up than he would have been in the seat.

Why do people keep saying that? It's a Jeremy Vetock codex, according to every rumour I can find. I shudder at Ward's fluff as much as anyone but that's no reason to hate every upcoming codex in case he might have touched it.

I may be completely incorrect. I usually avoid reading rumors and was going on what my boyfriend who does read the rumors told me. He told me it was a Ward codex. If I am incorrect than I admit I am wrong. :P I won't hate my codex, I just don't want to play a cheesy army and get accusations of being a popularity hound. ( har har!)

Also Anurien, the rolled up newspaper joke made me chuckle. Though, isn't the snow okay? It's only when it's in the land raider that its a problem. :P

HsojVvad
12-31-2012, 01:24 PM

I have always been a DA colletor. Played them in a few games. Started doing Tyranids then. Got another lack luster codex LOL. Took a break from 40K. Just getting back into 40K again, so it looks like I will be buying more DA stuff now.

Spikey McTorture
12-31-2012, 04:37 PM
I just don't want to play a cheesy army and get accusations of being a popularity hound. ( har har!)

With all due respect and IMHO, Space Wolves are definitely one of the more cheesy armies, even more so than Blood Angels (a Ward codex).

But after years of playing Dark Angels, I'm excited for the new models and rules, and will definitely be picking up a few. With Grey Knights, Space Wolves, and Blood Angels hogging all the goodies, It's nice to know that Dark Angels are finally getting some bling.

Mr Mystery
12-31-2012, 05:13 PM
I have always been a DA colletor. Played them in a few games. Started doing Tyranids then. Got another lack luster codex LOL. Took a break from 40K. Just getting back into 40K again, so it looks like I will be buying more DA stuff now.

Could be worse....

Bro and I have at least 2 companies of Dark Angels.

I hope they reintroduce some of the Native American stuff.

sps62487
12-31-2012, 06:31 PM
With all due respect and IMHO, Space Wolves are definitely one of the more cheesy armies, even more so than Blood Angels (a Ward codex).

But after years of playing Dark Angels, I'm excited for the new models and rules, and will definitely be picking up a few. With Grey Knights, Space Wolves, and Blood Angels hogging all the goodies, It's nice to know that Dark Angels are finally getting some bling.

IF only you guys would of made it to Terra along with the Blue Dorks maybe you would of gotten better stuff Traitorous dogs...

Spikey McTorture
12-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Dark Angels were the first legion, and thus got into the armoury first and took all the good stuff. So I am expecting some killer chapter relics (like the chaos book had) and technology.

MajorWesJanson
12-31-2012, 11:41 PM
IF only you guys would of made it to Terra along with the Blue Dorks maybe you would of gotten better stuff Traitorous dogs...

Dark Angels were the first legion, and thus got into the armoury first and took all the good stuff. So I am expecting some killer chapter relics (like the chaos book had) and technology.

Well, DA had a ton of cool toys, they did blow up their own planet, which probably had most the cool toys on it.

Aspire to Glory
01-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Codexes aren't cheesy. Players who spam broken s**t are cheesy.

I hope that DA are quite balanced and that the WAAC players overlook it.

Hello1701
01-01-2013, 03:42 AM
Already play Deathwing maybe time to add another company or two. Just got to remember to store the land raiders and speeders separate. Don't want any abominations running out.

J-balls
01-01-2013, 07:33 AM
If you did just build that landspeeder with the gunner in the right hand seat as per a normal speeder, i think the model overall could look awesome!

Houghten
01-01-2013, 08:49 AM
I think you'd have to resculpt extensively, or chop-shop it with the front end of a regular speeder.

Dominic
01-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I think you'd have to resculpt extensively, or chop-shop it with the front end of a regular speeder.

I think chopping off the front and replacing it would be the only way tbh, however I quite like the model a yay, so not that I'll be trying!

Necron2.0
01-01-2013, 10:11 AM

I will at least get the codex. However, here's how backed up I am in my army building. I have a Dark Angels army set (the big one) that I have as yet not cracked open. Well that's not true, actually. I pulled the codex out. Other than that, it's still in it's box and I haven't looked at it since many Christmases past.

archimbald
01-01-2013, 10:28 AM

may get a kit or two of the deathwing stuff to go with my current deathwing collection, other than that, im still slowly repainting all my DA 3rd company and have been for a while now, but the new stuff will wait til my IG tanks are all painted up.

MightyOrang
01-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Am the only one who thinks the sergeant (sword held point down and storm bolter facing out) looks like a recast of the chaos lord from Dark Vengeance?

Dominic
01-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Am the only one who thinks the sergeant (sword held point down and storm bolter facing out) looks like a recast of the chaos lord from Dark Vengeance?

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2540226a_60010199006_DVChaosLord_873x627.jpg http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cuRhFUApwVg/UOFcxXVw9fI/AAAAAAAAAGY/Szh7dksA96Q/s640/68953_406852376052345_1287672731_n.jpg

I guess they do look similar, probably because it is a pose they like using, and it does look appropriate for that model (a sergeant), possibly even sculpted by the same sculptor considering the close proximity of these two releases.

kyfer
01-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Apparently Vetock wrote the codex, not Ward (^_^) Will be interested to see his approach to an Imperial army. And hopefully no goofy crap in it like BA fighting with Necrons or Draigo carving his predecessor's name on Mortarion's heart... or a Nemesis Dreadknight :P Praise be that Mat Ward got bunked down.

Should be nice finally adding to my Ravenwing, I'm a fan of everything apart from the land speeder vengeance kit and Belial- he's detailed but a bit too static for my liking. Love the new bikers!

Learn2Eel
01-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Apparently Vetock wrote the codex, not Ward (^_^) Will be interested to see his approach to an Imperial army. And hopefully no goofy crap in it like BA fighting with Necrons or Draigo carving his predecessor's name on Mortarion's heart... or a Nemesis Dreadknight :P Praise be that Mat Ward got bunked down.

Should be nice finally adding to my Ravenwing, I'm a fan of everything apart from the land speeder vengeance kit and Belial- he's detailed but a bit too static for my liking. Love the new bikers!

Careful what you wish for. Who do you think made Screamers and Flamers of Tzeentch into two of the most OP units in the entire game with a little White Dwarf update? Hint hint, wink wink. And what 40k codex is up next? :cool:

I'll probably pick up the codex when it comes out if I can, though I've also still got lots of Tyranids to buy, so we will see. I won't be playing with them or buying anything for them for at least three-four months though, and even then, I'll probably have other commitments, i.e. games, potentially new consoles, clothes, work, etc. A codex sounds good, but not when I still need 30 Termagants, another Hive Tyrant, and four Hive Guard - and that is just the bare minimum! :(

Koci
01-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Is there someone with January WD who can confirm content of the Batlforce box? I have a chance ordering it now.. but I have no idea is it worth buying it.

Dominic
01-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Is there someone with January WD who can confirm content of the Batlforce box? I have a chance ordering it now.. but I have no idea is it worth buying it.

We know it has the same number of models in as it currently does, so this can mean its one of three things:

Exactly the same
Relleased with recut sprues (i.e. new landspeed, new bikes etc.)
or completely new contents

So no, we don't know yet!

Bigred
01-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Dark Angels Prices and Dates

All this goes Advanced Order January 5th, Street date January 12

Codex: Dark Angels (English) 104pp Colour Hardback $49.50
Ravenwing Dark Talon 1 Mini $75.00
Land Speeder Vengeance 1 Mini $65.00
Deathwing Command Squad 5 Minis $60.00
Ravenwing Command Squad 3 Minis $50.00
Dark Angels Battleforce 8 Minis $110.00

Spikey McTorture
01-02-2013, 12:31 PM

I got a look at the Battleforce, It's exactly the same as the current one, but with a new box.

Defenestratus
01-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I got a look at the Battleforce, It's exactly the same as the current one, but with a new box.

With 8 minis in it? (as posted)?

Defenestratus
01-02-2013, 02:35 PM
or a Nemesis Dreadknight :P Praise be that Mat Ward got bunked down.

You DO realize that the studio hands the codex writers a bunch of new models and says "here, make rules for these."

The Ward hating has to stop - I for one am hopeful that he's doing the Eldar codex despite the reports that PK is on the job (or had the job).

Brakkart
01-02-2013, 06:14 PM
With 8 minis in it? (as posted)?

If the Battleforce he's referring too is the Ravenwing one as I doubt the Dark Angels have two of them, for their regular troops etc they can use the standard Space Marine one, then 8 minis is correct as it contains 6 Bikers, 1 Attack Bike and a Landspeeder.