PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves Wolf Guard Terminator armies - viable?

RGilbert26
12-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Evening all, amongst the many ideas going through my head lately I've been thinking about doing a wolf guard terminator army. Any suggestions on what works best? Opinions on how effective they are?

plasticaddict
12-18-2012, 11:09 PM
I ran an all terminator Wolf Guard army for a while in 5th, I traded it off before 6th hit though. It was fairly effective, I ran multiple 5 man squads with a mixed load out. Lots of Frost blades/axes and at least one power fist per squad, I mixed assault cannons and heavy flamers and one squad had a cyclone. Everyone had a combi-weapon, the squads all had at least one each melta, plasma, flamer. I also added a Dreadnought, a Whirlwind and a small pack of wolves to give my list at least one of every FOC slot. It was a very finesse army and every once in a while you'll hit something that will just rip you a new one, but most of the time it was pretty fun to just run a terminator army across the table.

RGilbert26
12-19-2012, 01:26 AM
What did you do for transport? Drop Pods? At least one Land Raider?

miteyheroes
12-19-2012, 03:55 AM
I ran a ten-man termi army at 1500 pts in 5th. 2 Drop-pods, Logan, 3 wolf lords, 2x3 pals. Was great fun, but not very effective...