PDA

View Full Version : Big Mek Or Warboss?

warboss Grotgrim Dakaskab
12-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Please may you say which of these HQ's is better in a 600 point game and why?
Tah very much
Warbosd Grotgrim Dakaskab
Waaaaaagh!

Mr.Pickelz
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
I'd say a big mek, as he is not just a killy HQ, but has access to buffers for the rest of your list, while at the same time a Big Mek can be equiped similarly as a warboss, and for cheaper, if you want something with some punch.

Wolfshade
12-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Depends how you use them.
Big Meks are cheaper and aren't quite as good stat wise. They have access to similiar weapons but have access to Kustom Force Field, which is very useful and can make a Deff Dread a Troop choice.
Warbosses are more expensive but hit harder and can make a Nob unit into a Troop choice, though I personally prefer Boyz to Nobz in almost every occassion.
In my opinion in small point games you have to weigh how much to invest into your HQ. An expensive fully kitted out warboss can take up a huge amount of points and while they can be used as a big death star is alot of points to be used on one model/unit.

Chaoschrist
12-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Depends on what you run besides your HQ I think. As well as how many points you want to spare on an HQ.

Generally a Big mek is a support unit (since, to be honest, I see little use of having him go on in combat; and much likely will either have a shokk attack gun or a Kustom Force Field). Wheras the Warboss is pretty much useless when he's just sitting in the back.

If you run a lot of shoota boys, a Big mek might be a good option to protect them a bit more with his KFF. If you run slugga boys, get them with a warboss in combat as soon as possible.

In 600 points I doubt you'll run either nobs or deff dredds (though I might be mistaken). So the FOC bonus they convey isn't that important I think.