PDA

View Full Version : Hello

MarshalAdamar
10-15-2009, 10:10 AM
I have read the BoLS forums for some time and thought that I would finally join the group.

Aims
10-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the Lounge.

MarshalAdamar
10-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks I appreciate the welcome! I see that you're a BT player as well?

Aims
10-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Yep. I bounce between BT and Eldar, but I'm liking the templar more lately.

MarshalAdamar
10-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Yea, I take a lot of flack for my Templars. Actually I made my own chapter that was the remains of a great crusade fleet that was dispatched and trapped for a thousand years by a warp storm, battling the forces of Chaos only to return and be told that while loyal servants of the emperor they were no longer “Black Templars” They were renamed "The lions of the Emperor" and formed into their own chapter.

I don’t know about you but some people just HATE the LRC, and Accept any challenge. OH the hate. (Then I crush them) ;)

I stumbled into Templars. I started out just using cool bits to make a "Gothic" looking army. Then I realized that those bits were Black Templar bits and with the paint they looked WAY too much like Templars. So I decided not to fight the divine guidance.

I’ve tried all kinds of builds what’s your favorite army list for 1750 or so?.

Aims
10-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Usually it's 1850. 3 ten man crusader squads with a meltagun and a powerfist per squad. Marshal with a TH/SS. EC with Accept Any Challenge... LRC... 5 man termy squad with 3 lightning claws and 2 TH/SS. The 2000 point version runs 3 rhinos, a vindicator, usually a DH GK grand master with nemesis force weapon... or a venerable dread. It just depends. I think I'm missing something somewhere, though... so I may have to ship the hubby into this thread since he usually builds my lists.

MarshalAdamar
10-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Very cool, I'm a K.I.S.S person my self though I see we run the same basic load out in our squads, PF and melta.

My 1750 list is usually a 20 man crusader squad with 10 initiates with bp/cs and a power fist and melta-gun with 10 neophytes with bp/cs led by a master of sanctity

Add to that a Land raider crusader with smoke and a dozer blade carrying with the EC with Accept Any Challenge... LRC and another crusader squad with 10 initiates and a power fist and melta-gun with bp/cs and 4 neophytes with bp/cs

And another Land raider crusader with smoke and a dozer blade carrying with a 15 man crusader squad with 10 initiates and a power fist and melta-gun with bp/cs and 5 neophytes with bp/cs

And last and now least Venerable dreadnaught with Multimelta and heavy flamer in a drop pod

I have had awesome luck with a wall of screaming fanatics, the crusaders are all but unstopable until they drop off their cargo since we have the old smoke launchers downgrading all penatrating hits to glancing (take that melta spam!) then there are 30 marines in the font lines the twenty man squad following up then the raiders just sit around and soften up tagets or try and pop transports.

In the event of an emergency you have the drop pod to contest objectives or roast whole units out of cover, take rear armor shots on vehicles or whatever. (Icing on the cake)

BUT a squad of assault terminators is GREAT! Marshal with LC, three LC termi's with 2 TH/SS give them furious charge (since they're sword brethren) and they're I5 S5 termiators.

I may try your list just for fun in the next game.!