PDA

View Full Version : Necron Horde crusher 2500

Occam
12-14-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm playing this ork boss and thought it would be fun to just post the list here and get all the questions, comments and tomatoes I could get. Just not the face, not the face!

HQ: Trazyn the Infinite with Command barge HQ 2: Orikan the Divinor

Royal Court: 2 Alchemists with seismic crucibles and tremorstaves.
3 Necron lords: Gauntlet of Fire, Sempiternal Weave, Tesseract labyrinth, Phase shifter, Ressurection Orb, Mindshackle Scarabs

Elites: C'tan Shard with Pyreshards and Writhing worldscape Elies: Deathmarks [5]

Troops: Necron warriors [30 total--haven't decided on grouping yet. am thinking 3x10] Troops: Necron Immortals with tesla carbines [3 groups, 5 models ea.]

Transports: 3 Nightscythes

Fast Attack: Scarabs [9]
Heavy Support: Canoptek Spyders [2]

I've thought about dropping the scarabs and spyders altoghter to make room for a monolith, or just dropping the deathmarks for more scarabs or even another spyder or particle beamers for said spyders. It seems like I have enough close combat anti-assault, what with the scarabs and spyders and c'tan and even orikan when he powers up. What should I add or eliminate?
Easiest items on the chopping block: Tesseract cubes, the phase shifters, scarabs and spyders.

The general idea is that first turn, the writhing worldscape screws up the ork horde if not the vehicles, so while they march across the field they either take some losses [darn dangerous terrain armor save!] and immobilize a vehicle or two, or even just not move for a whole round to generate more scarabs Possibly even allowing me to get a few shots off for the first turn.

Turn 2, the cavalry shows up thanks to Orikan's help, shoots some Orks for heavy damage. Scarabs and c'tan move to intercept. Tremorstave crypteks [alchemists] slow down the herd best they can.

Turn 3, I beam the immortals with tesla and a lord with a flamer behind each one to do heavy damange. C'tan and scarabs move to kill and Trollzyn the Infinite blows through giant mobs of nobs and boyz.

Turn 4: Mop-up. Even a full-blown Waugh can't stop me now. the noose is tightened and the opposing characters are killed off. The army is thoroughly and unquestionably routed at this point.

Occam
12-16-2012, 11:26 PM
UPDATE: I changed the list. Dropped lord wargear and the Deathmarks to buy 3 more spyders [all I own] and give them particle beamers. More templates, the better. Also bought another alchemst and two more canoptek spyders.

The mission is the scouring.

My opponent [Boss Z] is a good ork player...but he takes longer than frozen molasses to get anywhere. My writhing worldscape and orikan combo really took the wind out of his sales and kept him from building momentum. Trazyn wasn't used very much, sadly, as none of his units ever got close enough to do a driveby. The scarabs and spyders devoured one nobz group, and took down two members of ghaskulls retinue as well as the trukk.

He went ape**** over how overpowered necrons are with their scarab making, and how he couldn't take down the nightscythes. [he dealt 3 hull points to 1 of them with one round of loota shooting].

We had to call it on account of the store closing...that's how long he took to make decisions. Ended on turn 4, I had 5 kills to his 2.