PDA

View Full Version : Mix and Match

ElectricPaladin
12-14-2012, 04:08 PM
If you could put any one weapon in your codex of choice and put it - with no other changes to wargear, special rules, and weapon stats - on any unit that doesn't already have it, what would it be?

Personally, I'd like to see my tactical terminators get the option to carry plasma cannons. That would be pretty sweet. And while I'm at it, I'd like to see my poor fire warriors get anything. Maybe if a couple of them could take plasma rifles, or missile pods, or rail rifles. I think I'd most prefer plasma rifles or missile pods, though.

What about you?

Kirsten
12-14-2012, 04:35 PM
I would like to see another basic shooting weapon for terminators over the storm bolter, but I don't know what.

My main one would be power armoured scouts, tactical marines with sniper rifles. was very happy to see them in the horus heresy book

Xenith
12-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Personally, I'd like to see my tactical terminators get the option to carry plasma cannons.

Wait for the new Dark Angels codex.

Fire warriors are commie grunts, they don't get special weapons :P

ElectricPaladin
12-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Wait for the new Dark Angels codex.

Sadly, one thing I know I don't want to do is play Dark Angels. I prefer my Astartes red, flying, and batsh*t crazy. Or, alternately, dark red, sombre, and formerly-possessed-by-daemons, but they're codex marines and I don't expect anything too cool for them.

Nabterayl
12-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Deffrollas on trukks.

Aegwymourn
12-14-2012, 05:15 PM
I'd love to see Heavy Bolters replace burst cannons on all my Tau. That one point of AP makes such a huge difference when you fight anyone but power armor. Or the Heavy 4 Markerlight from the Tetra on anything else =)

Nabterayl
12-14-2012, 05:18 PM
I'd love to see Heavy Bolters replace burst cannons on all my Tau. That one point of AP makes such a huge difference when you fight anyone but power armor. Or the Heavy 4 Markerlight from the Tetra on anything else =)
Whoa, did I miss a FAQ? When did Tetra markerlights become heavy 4?

ElectricPaladin
12-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Whoa, did I miss a FAQ? When did Tetra markerlights become heavy 4?

Always has been. Didn't matter because Tetras are vehicles.

Aegwymourn
12-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Always has been. Didn't matter because Tetras are vehicles.

They became heavy 4 in the 6th edition Update from Forgeworld. Previously (in IA 3: The Tauros Campaign) they were heavy 1.

walrusman999
12-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Guardsman being allowed to take plasma cannons on any unit that is not a f**king vehicle.

Nabterayl
12-14-2012, 07:00 PM
My search fu is apparently failing me. Link?

Animus Silvanna
12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
I would love to see The Anointed Blade the Brother Champions have be able to be bought for regular Justicars or other HQ choices that would be quite awesome =D. Alternatively I think I would also like to see SoB Retributers have Auto-cannons.

ElectricPaladin
12-14-2012, 07:21 PM
...Alternatively I think I would also like to see SoB Retributers have Auto-cannons.

Seconded! Also, that would be an awesome model.

rtmaitreya
12-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I would like an arbiter list for being allies that includes the ability to have an upgraded shotgun (S4 AP5 18" range assault 1) or bolter, since that's what all the models have.

fuzzbuket
12-15-2012, 05:33 AM
space marines and space marine terminators being able to take autocannons, and stalker bolters on vet squads

Subexarch
12-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Sternguard ammo options for tactical termie's stormbolters.
Pistol AND close combat weapons or shotguns for IG Roughriders.
Rending for Tau burstcannons.
A whole world of stuff that's to unbalanced or unluffy for the above armies plus Eldar.

ElectricPaladin
12-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Sternguard ammo options for tactical termie's stormbolters.

And what about bikes for sternguard?

Kawauso
12-15-2012, 02:06 PM
And what about bikes for sternguard?

Would make more sense for Vanguard, as a swap-out for their jump packs.

Defenestratus
12-15-2012, 04:35 PM
I'd like D-cannons on a standard Eldar tank. Only option in that regard are FW.

gwensdad
12-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Multilasers for guard heavy weapons.

Medics with plasma pistols (because I have the old mini)
Rough Rider Commissars (also, I have the mini)

Hellfire rounds for heavy bolters that just aren't in scout squads.

Kawauso
12-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Smoke launchers for Helbrutes. :P

White Tiger88
12-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Valkyries with Plasma Cannons.

Learn2Eel
12-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Bus tickets for yobbos.
Oh, sorry, I mean a dedicated assault transport for Khorne Berzerkers.

The Sovereign
12-15-2012, 11:58 PM
All I want for Christmas is a Stormtalon for my Space Wolves.

Edit: Misunderstood; weapon, not unit. Uh, uh, a missile launcher for Bjorn?

Learn2Eel
12-16-2012, 12:42 AM
As far as a weapon for a unit, it is hard for me to think. Never really thought like that, though maybe it would be cool if our Predator could take a Baleflamer, like with a Baal Predator.

Kevin48220
12-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm pretty fine with the wargear options that are already in the regular Marine codex. However, I'd love to see upgraded sniper rifles for Space Marine Scouts--maybe wounding on a 3 or better, or giving them options to use poison rounds or rounds with better AP. I know that would make them cost more, but I'd be fine with that. Additionally, I'd like to see chainswords upgraded in some fashion--I think it's weird that they're an option to swap in or out, but don't do anything more than a regular close cbt weapon. Even making them AP5 or giving a small Strength bonus would be fine.