PDA

View Full Version : AoBR Sgt.

Master Gabriel
10-15-2009, 12:20 AM
C&C are welcome.

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu168/Khaine_01/Picture031.jpg

therealjohnny5
10-15-2009, 05:30 AM
the use of blue on the blade is an interesting touch...might have to borrow that one. Is it the light or is almost all of the paint metallic? (the green and purple)

Herald of Nurgle
10-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Aaaaaagghhh!!! It burns!!!

The light! The light!

Duke
10-15-2009, 10:49 AM
The eyes could use some love... Putting a little attention there will give the model a lot of life.

Duke

P.S.- just for commenting purposes, to what level were you trying to paint? I.e. tabletop quality, display quality...etc.

Master Gabriel
10-15-2009, 11:41 AM
the use of blue on the blade is an interesting touch...might have to borrow that one. Is it the light or is almost all of the paint metallic? (the green and purple)

Yes most of the paint is metallic. Dwarf Bronze/w chestnut ink. The blade is three colors(enchanted blue. ice blue, space wolf grey). I don't do face well.

Master Gabriel
10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Here is the first half of the AOBR Sqaud.

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu168/Khaine_01/Picture034.jpg

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu168/Khaine_01/Picture035.jpg

Vorlon
10-16-2009, 10:48 AM
...Mardi Gras Marines!

Master Gabriel
10-16-2009, 01:43 PM
...Mardi Gras Marines!

LOL Mardi Gras Marines LOL

Lord Inquisitor
10-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I say this to help you. The gold just isn't working. It looks quite bad in my eyes. You could do black and that should come out good. Metallics are hard to do with that much of it. Stick with some thing a bit more flat.

Master Gabriel
10-17-2009, 12:44 AM
I say this to help you. The gold just isn't working. It looks quite bad in my eyes. You could do black and that should come out good. Metallics are hard to do with that much of it. Stick with some thing a bit more flat.

My armies nickname is cooper tops. I use an ink to flat a bit, other wise the Dwarf Bronze would be far more bright. I wanted this sceme. Its' bright and i know it .

nurglespuss
10-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Hi there :)

I like your bold colours!

If you want to flatten out the bronze in the future, and make painting things like terminators, vehicles etc. easier for yourself, try mixing the dwarf bronze with brown (anything from snakebite leather-bestial etc) this will enrich the colour, flatten it slightly, but will also work better with an inking afterwards. Its also easier to mix up metallic highlights with this method.

Hope that helps, and keep it up!

Master Gabriel
10-17-2009, 11:42 AM
@ Nurglepuss

Thanks I will try that on other marines.

MarshalAdamar
10-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Ok, I don't really like the metallic I agree with Lord Inquisitor BUT, they are your marines and you asked for C&C so I'm going to just see if I can give you some painting advice to make them look as good as possible within the scheme.

These are things I would do if I was painting that scheme for you.

1. Even out the metallic, it’s a little splotchy with some parts not painted. (or so it looks in the pics)

2. Are you stead fast on the purple? If so I would use Lich purple and use some white to mix in and lighten it up for highlights. Then wash it with some badab black, lay the model on its back and let the wash dry, then if it’s too dark take a little lich purple and give it a light dry brush to bring up the purple color again.

The purple is looking too metallic. Are you painting the whole model metallic as a base coat? If so don't its very hard to paint over metallic’s, do them first but try not to paint anything you don't want metallic. The loin cloth is looking funky because it’s shiny.

3. Is there a reason that the shoulder rims are green rather than purple? I personally don’t like the green/purple/bronzish look, its too many colors competing on the model. Accessories can be different colors but the scheme should be simple. I would paint the rims purple.

4. Accessories make the man! Paint the pouches either brown or black; wash them with brown ink if they are brown. Grenades would look good in green, mix some Dark angles green with some brown and get an olive color maybe. Hoses on the armor can be black if you don’t want to paint that small of a detail piece

5. Chest eagle is going to be hard. Gold will be lost against the bronze. You might try yellow with a devlan mud wash maybe. You might see if it looks good painted purple with a black wash, then highlight with lich purple lightened with some white.

6. Do the purity seals in blood red with white ribbons.

7. Dry brush the face with elf flesh of something similar then wash with ogryn flesh wash.

8. Touch up the chain with medallion maybe paint the jewel in the center.

some ideas.

Could be cool!

Master Gabriel
10-20-2009, 04:25 PM
@Marshall Admar

Thanks for the comments and will try to use whst you have said. I was planning on painted the rims black instead of green. The green is color of the 4th Co. Codex Chapter markings, But of the green clashes then i will paint them different color. The AOBR marines are test models, so will go back the drawing board and start over. :cool: