PDA

View Full Version : What armies do prefer to fight against?

Animus Silvanna
12-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey Viewers,
So who is it what army do you yourself take personal pride in and which army do like trying to beat the snot out of and send them back to their Heathen gods crumpled and mewling like babes? If you dont know by now I Love my Grey Knights and they shall always have a spot in the deployment zone. And what really gets my heart racing is seeing my opponent setting up any variate of a Khorne army with or without Kharn =D. They ultimately hate me and I ultimately hate them. :P

Learn2Eel
12-11-2012, 08:25 PM
I guess the rivalry is there between Khorne Knights and Khorne armies, eh?

I love my Chaos Space Marines and I love desolating the poor Loyalist scum, specifically Ultramarines and Blood Ravens.

DarkLink
12-11-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't like fighting Necrons. They're just boring. Shoot them a bunch, and they make all their reanimation protocol rolls, and then do it all again. And again. And again. The new codex is even more annoying than the old one. DE can be either lots of fun or kind of miserable, in part from their nature as an alpha strike army. Tau are hit and miss, but only because the automatic 2+ cover save on all of their vehicles always is annoying. Anything with too many flyers is stupid, which is mostly Necrons. Anything with too much mixed armor saves combined with Look Out Sir is annoying, not because of the army itself but because of the actual game mechanics within 6th ed.

Other than that, it doesn't matter much, it's fun to play against just about anything.

Animus Silvanna
12-11-2012, 09:19 PM
@ DarkLink, Indeed it is fun to play against anything. But you dont have a particular army you play that you are fond of using? and vice versa that you love to see lose? Its the whole Good vs Evil thing for me I must prevail for the good of humanity and all that is holy. We shall stand against this Scum! =][=

Learn2Eel
12-11-2012, 09:30 PM
For me, I love watching my warband corrupt and destroy any foolish Loyalist that gets in their way. It isn't often they are defeated, but when they are, the foul energies of Chaos spew them forth once more to atone for their mistakes.

I'm in the process of building a counts-as/converted Abaddon to lead my warband, I'm really going to give all of my Chaos forces an identity rather than being lots of random stuff that I have. I'm gonna keep my Thousand Sons and Khorne Berzerkers as "allies" and really make my warband stand out. Not much I need to buy either, which is good. It will be a lot more fun and flavorful to play this way. Already have a cool back-story in mind. I don't usually take VotLW on my units which clashes with having a Veteran Chaos Lord, but I can kind of counter-act this by having Chosen as Troops - in essence, they are all like Chaos Marines with the upgrade, just minus Hatred, but the Abaddon stand-in gives them Preferred Enemy anyway, so it works out for me.

baefull.wolf
12-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I have only ever fought against Imperial Guard. I am a noob when it comes to the playing aspect of the game. I play Blood Angels, I will be fighting Tau shortly and I'll be able to see the differences.

Mr.Pickelz
12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
For me personally, my DH GK's and Ork Goffs (speed freakz coming soon) will always hold a special place in my heart, that being said though i do miss my space wolves as they were my first 3+ army and i regret selling them off everyday i look at the, now filled, spot on the shelf. :(
As for opposing armies, Necrons (for their shenanigans) and IG (psst, their commander is possessed...), mainly because of leaf-blower variants that sprung up and how annoying that was to deal with. I'm always happy to see the Necron flying circus, and IG craziness get brought down a peg or two. ;)

JMichael
12-12-2012, 02:13 PM
My Sisters relish in cleansing the heretical Grey Knights (too much time in close contact with the forces of Chaos has surely effected them).
Many Grey Knight players enjoy easy victories, but my Sisters have only lost 1 game to them (an Inquisition list) and generally have little problem wiping out the Knights of Titan.
MC Tyranid lists also offer little trouble, though the horde gaunt lists are an extreme challenge!

In the new edition with many powerful psykers I also enjoy winning with no Psykers or any real psychic defense!

But I do really enjoy (win or lose) playing against any army that is built and played with character and some fluff in mind.

warboss Grotgrim Dakaskab
12-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I love killing Tau, Space puppies and anything chaotic. Oh and any space marines. And Nids. And all types of eldar, dark or good. and grey knights. and the imperial guard. so thats everything! Oh the joys of being an ork and killing everything!

Animus Silvanna
12-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Geez so many people like trying to slaughter The Sons of Titan. Looks like the inquisition need to be a little less forgiving and a little more Exterminatus >:)

White Tiger88
12-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Ultramarines, i just point my army and the kid playing them gives up after 1 or 2 shooting phases.