PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Acts of Faith?

ElectricPaladin
12-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Now that I've decided for certain to add Sisters of Battle to my Blood Angels, I need to answer the one question about Acts of Faith that I still have. Here it goes:

I know that I get d6 Faith Points. I know that every Act of Faith attempted costs a single Faith Point. Then I make a roll, with certain bonuses and the potential for a reroll with the right wargear, and try to get 5 or better. I am also clear that there is no limit (save for the practical) to the number of Acts of Faith a unit can be effected by in one turn, or even one phase.

Here's what I don't get:

1) Am I allowed to continue attempting to use the same act of faith for as long as I have Faith Points? So, if my Dominion Squad attempts to use Holy Fusillade and fails, but I still have Faith Points, can I have them try again, and again, and again until they succeed or I run out of points?

2) Most Acts of Faith simply grant a USR, and we know that USRs usually don't stack. However, a few Acts of Faith just grant bonuses. Can a single unit activate that Act of Faith multiple times? For example, let's say I have a Canoness. Her Act of Faith grants +1 to Initiative and the Preferred Enemy USR. If I'm lucky enough and have the Faith Points to spare, could I activate her Act of Faith 3 times for +3 Initiative (and Preferred Enemy once).

Thanks in advance.

TheStarkLord
12-10-2012, 06:21 PM
At work so quick answer to 1. Is no. It is said in the faq that the same unit cannot use the same power multiple times in one phase.
Therefore question two is also a no.
Sorry for the not great news on that one. Hope they change that ruling sometime

ElectricPaladin
12-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Ugh. Really? I can see that leading to a lot of worthless leftover Faith points...

DarkLink
12-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah, Faith isn't so hot right now.

ElectricPaladin
12-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Yeah, Faith isn't so hot right now.

Well, I'm in this game for the long haul, and I like both the fluff and models for Sisters a lot more than I do the Imperial Guard, so when it comes to allies for my Blood Angels, it's still an easy choice.

TheStarkLord
12-11-2012, 07:21 AM
yeah i know how you feel. sisters were my first army so i am in for the long haul my self. the faith powers are decent now but if they could stack and/or be attempted multiple times they would actually be really good. and yeah you will have left over faith. with out the stacking the celestians and cannoness are almost completely useless faith wise.
i just wish you could roll multiple times regardless of stacking though so that i can actually get my dominion squads to have twin linked, because i always fail that roll.

JMichael
12-12-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't have left over faith points too often. I also field 6-8 infantry units/game.

Sisters have become my primary army in 6th (Eldar were previously), and are near undefeated!
I field 2-4 15strong Battle Sister squads almost power armor horde (I look forward to doing 6x 20girl squads). Really makes their Act of Faith useful, even in the assault phase if I need it.
I always have a Simulacrum Imperialis in my Heavy Bolter Retributor squad as that and my Seraphim are the only units that I really need the Act of Faith.

I was running Uriah Jacobus, but find that having a Canoness and St Celestine is far more useful than the Faith points re-roll.

Also, I use Rhino's to provide cover for my Exorcists and block LoS of the front so I get the +1 cover.

JMichael
12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
It's also important to point out that as TheStarkLord mentioned you can only attempt the Act of Faith once PER PHASE.
So for Battle Sisters, their Act can be used in the Movement phase, and then the Shooting phase, and also the Assault phase. Requiring a separate test for each phase, of course.
My Battle Sisters squads are almost always 15-20 strong. With that many Bolter shots being able to re-roll '1's is a big deal.