PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk goes Digital

DrLove42
12-10-2012, 10:28 AM
According to todays WD Daily, Space Hulk goes computer game next year on PC, Mac and iOS (again with the Android Snub!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sepWI5pMGSw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2850199a_1.jpg

As a fan of Space Hulk yay, but boo for the Android snub...

Psychosplodge
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Did I bang my head and wake up in the nineties?

DrLove42
12-10-2012, 10:40 AM
LOL yeah its been done before. Maybe i should say it returns to the digital world

Defenestratus
12-10-2012, 12:04 PM
but boo for the Android snub...

Fething rage inspiring.

Thiazi
12-10-2012, 01:05 PM
As a fan of Space Hulk yay, but boo for the Android snub...

Agreed. I have evaded apple for years but broke down it purchased an iPad for GW products. iDied a little inside that day.

Still, I hope this is a success, and can't wait to play it.

ElectricPaladin
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Color me intrigued. I'm looking forward to the release. You think they're going to make a free trial version?

Maelstorm
12-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I think I might still have the original Space Hulk game from the early 90's on 3.5" floppy disks. The graphics and gameplay were "meh" but the sound effects were awesome and fear inspiring at the time!

Zeshin
12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Just wishlisting, but this would be awesome if it played like xcom.

Wolfshade
12-11-2012, 02:54 AM
I think I might still have the original Space Hulk game from the early 90's on 3.5" floppy disks. The graphics and gameplay were "meh" but the sound effects were awesome and fear inspiring at the time!

I remember when I first got the game found the sound files and just kept randomly playing them, my sister was less than impressed. I am infact tempted to see if I can find the game on gog and re-install it and make a SpaceHulk sound board :)

Psychosplodge
12-11-2012, 03:00 AM
I remember when I first got the game found the sound files and just kept randomly playing them, my sister was less than impressed. I am infact tempted to see if I can find the game on gog and re-install it and make a SpaceHulk sound board :)

They do have some classics on there...

Wolfshade
12-11-2012, 03:05 AM
http://www.spacehulk-game.com/

ABOUT SPACE HULK

Based on the best-selling board game and set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Space Hulk is a 3D digital turn based strategy game that recreates the classic claustrophobic board game experience for single player and multiplayer cross-platform play between PC, Mac and on iOS.

Space Hulk is set in the isolated corridors and tomb-like chambers of an ancient vessel lost in the graveyard of space. Players lead a small army of fearless Space Marine Terminators to battle in a ferocious fight for survival against hordes of predatory alien Genestealers.

The main features are
•Blood Angel terminator squad
•Fearsome Genestealers with challenging AI
•Thematic 3d environment
•Single player campaign based on the "Sin of Damnation" hulk
•New coop multiplayer levels against the Genestealer AI
•Multiplayer head-to-head recreating the board game experience against a friend
•Cross platform multiplayer between PC, Mac and iOS
•Level editor with ability to share creations
•Game expansions in the future as DLC

Wolfshade
12-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Here is the latest press release:
http://www.spacehulk-game.com/press/Space%20Hulk%20Announcement.pdf

Some highlights not covered in the about post:

Space Hulk includes a robust 12 mission single‐player and co‐operative campaign

multiplayer mode will allow players to go head‐to‐head as one player controls the Space Marines andtheir opponent the Genestealers

The Space Hulk level editor will enable players to design their own levels, share them with others online and in a central hub explore creations of the community

The team behind are huge fans of Space Hilk board game and 40k in general

eldargal
12-11-2012, 03:42 AM
Looking forward to this.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-11-2012, 03:49 AM
I like the idea of DLC, maybe the Dark Angels or Salamanders will make an appearance?

I'll wait before getting excited.

eldargal
12-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Hoping they do something more interesting like SoB or eldar.:p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-11-2012, 04:39 AM
Seeing as the Salamanders and the Dark Angels were the first to clear Space Hulks....

Wolfshade
12-11-2012, 04:43 AM
Seeing as the Salamanders and the Dark Angels were the first to clear Space Hulks....

But the Bangles were the most well know, perhaps because they are legendary...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-11-2012, 04:48 AM
No...

Blusox69
12-11-2012, 05:28 AM
Looking forward to it being released. Website and graphics all look very 90's mind you. Not always a bad thing tough as content always trumps graphics.

Wolfshade
12-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Screenshot from Spacehulk '93
http://www.forceforgood.co.uk/screenshots/sphulk2.jpg
I'm not sure I agree with Blusox here

Psychosplodge
12-11-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm going to have to pick a copy up for the saturn...

Blusox69
12-11-2012, 06:17 AM
they were good graphics for 93' :-)

I suppose if they are looking to go across several platforms they need to engineer it to work on the lowest spec which will be the iDevices.

For me the trailer reminds me a bit of the graphics in Blood Bowl, they aren't great and they don't tax your hardware much, but the game play is so good that you don't need Call of Duty quality visuals.

I can't think of any games at the moment that are available on Mac, PC and iOS, can anyone else think of any? And what is their pricing like? Mac games always seem expensive, PC games are fairly average and iOS stuff rarely comes in at more than a few pounds and that includes big titles like Fifa. I'll be interested if GW have a say on pricing and if so how they will place it.