PDA

View Full Version : Mark of the Wulfen question

Lednera
10-14-2009, 01:34 AM
I was wondering what happens t a model that is equipped with other gear like power weapons or pistol and chainsword? The rule alludes some what clearly that they hae no effect but I just need more clarification on how it works and what could be combined with it.

The AKH
10-14-2009, 05:13 AM
As far as I know, the MotW makes the model's attacks Rending and overrides any other special close combat weapons they are armed with.

Nabterayl
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
That's correct.

vipernyc
10-14-2009, 11:10 AM
It can't be combined with special waepons, like power weapons, frost blades, etc.

You should technically still be able to shoot the bolt pistol in the shooting phase, though... it doesn't affect ranged combat, or make you forfeit any weapons or wargear.

Lord Anubis
10-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Soooo... does the Wulfen-marked model still get an extra attack for having two CCW? Even just the basic pistol and chainsword? Or do you completely ignore all CCW...?

Nabterayl
10-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Soooo... does the Wulfen-marked model still get an extra attack for having two CCW? Even just the basic pistol and chainsword? Or do you completely ignore all CCW...?

If it comes from weapons, you don't get it. That includes the extra attack for having two CCWs. As page 62 says:

These attacks are made using the marked models' claws and teeth, and hence are not affected by wargear, additional hand weapons and so on ...

memnarch_129
10-15-2009, 02:55 AM
If your read MotW youll see its listed as D6+1. The plus one is the attack for having 2 CCWs. Either two claws, claw and bite, or two bites.

Duke
10-15-2009, 10:18 AM
...The plus one is the attack for having 2 CCWs. Either two claws, claw and bite, or two bites.

Hella funny, lol