PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Points Tyranids

Emerald Rose Widow
12-06-2012, 04:00 AM
This list is written for a charity tournament I wish to go to, where the proceeds are going to some breast cancer fund or something of that nature. I built the list to be fun and different from my normal list, and to really just dick about with it and see how it goes. Tell me what you all think though, would you think it would run ok for this points level?

1500 points Tyranids

HQ:
Hive Tyrant
Armoured Shell
Old Adversary

2 Tyrant Guard
Boneswords

Troops:
10 Termagants
10 Termagants

Tervigon
Sacs
Glands
Talons
Catalyst

Tervigon
Sacs
Glands
Talons
Catalyst

Elites:
3 Hive Guard

Doom of Malan'Tai
Mycetic Spore
Twin Linked Deathspitters (for the pod)

Heavy Support
Dakkafex (carnifex with dual devourers)
3 Biovores

Lemme know what you all think.

Learn2Eel
12-06-2012, 04:31 AM
That's a perfectly fine list, quite nicely varied. You have a strong core with the two Tervigons and Termagant broods, you are set for Troops. Your Hive Tyrant and Tyrant Guard will be exceedingly difficult to bring down and cause a lot of havoc once they get close. The Hive Guard should reliably down a tank each turn. The Doom does what it does best. The Dakkafex is always a great option, and gives you that anti-flyer unit in case it is necessary. The Biovores I find to be quite under-rated, especially given the new Barrage rules - sniping out sergeants and special weapon gunners is quite useful, as is the way cover saves work with them. Also, they make non-MEQs cry!

I think it is quite a balanced list and actually pretty competitive, you should do fine for yourself in my opinion!

deed116
12-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Take hive commander instead of old adversary and outflank a tervigon just for the look on their face XD