PDA

View Full Version : Gunline, which Chapter does it best ?

Deadlift
12-06-2012, 03:03 AM
I am a big fan of space marines and I like shooting, I played a game a little while ago where for the 1st time I did some research and set up my army using denied flank + gun-line, I used my Salamanders (which are now on ebay). It was very nasty but now I need a change.

My question to you is out of the current crop of Space Marine books which offer the best gun-line lists, which chapter it best suits and which units are a must have, Looking them over I am leaning towards Space Wolves with their Long Fangs, but fluff wise I don't know if gun-lines actually suit the wolves, maybe Imperial fists more ? or even Sons of Medusa, Vanilla still do it well enough when backed up with some FW gear.

Not interested in a xeno alternative, I have Necrons for that :)

jgebi
12-06-2012, 03:08 AM
well you want a gun line just stick with necrons

but space marine wise Iron Hands or Imperial fists also theirs the option of make your own chapter

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-06-2012, 03:12 AM
Or the Crimson Fists.

White Tiger88
12-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Iron Warriors

Psychosplodge
12-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Isn't anything that gives you bolter drill going to help here? So wouldn't including Lysaandaar be helpful? So custom army or Imperial fists using his stats as a captain.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Iron Warriors

I didn't realise that the Iron Warriors were a Chapter now... Guess that's news to me!

@Psycho, yeah, he becomes kind of a waste in that situation, Lysander loves teh combat.
Pedro Kantor is effective too, jus' sayin'. I like scoring Sternguard Veterans.

Psychosplodge
12-06-2012, 05:42 AM
I was thinking him leading deepstriking terminators as the hammer, with a massed bolter gunline anvil...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-06-2012, 05:47 AM
I find that he is effective in regular Terminators, just so that their Stormbolters are all epic, but it is a HUGE point sink.

Mr.Pickelz
12-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Fluff wise, you'd be looking at the Iron Wolves Lord, forgot his name atm. He's the most mechanized Great Company. And the closest thing to having a Gunline fluff background, Long fangs (fluff wise) shouldn't be that numerous, what that says about your forces is that you take tons of casualties and probably are bad at tactics/strategy to loose so many grey hunters in order to have that many long fangs. So fluff wise, if you have 18 long fangs (5 heavies + sarge) that means you lost (rough estimate) 18 squads of grey hunters... Such numbers would mean that Logan or someone else needs to kick your rear end and/or bash you over the head with some knowledge of war. :P