PDA

View Full Version : Clarification of Armor value for wings of a flyer - IG particularly

walrusman999
12-04-2012, 04:45 PM
So, i was playing a game recently where my opponent could target my Valkyrie/vendetta but he could only measure to the wing of the plane. Does that count for side armor? or Front? or rear? I don't remember something like this coming up in the BRB so I'm asking you guys, what's your thoughts?

Cursed13
12-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Page 73, top paragraph, Shooting At Vehicles. "Note that, unlike for other models, a vehicle's wings are not ornamental and are a part of of it's hull."

So my thought is, follow the rulebook! When shooting at a vehicle, as per the following paragraph, "shots are resolved against the facing of the vehicle the shot comes from." So if the shooter is in the front arc but for some reason can only hit the wing, then it's resolved against the front armour. Same if it's from the side or rear.

Nabterayl
12-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Just so. Note that this does mean that the "wing" has no fixed armor value. If you can only see the wing from the front arc, you're opposing the front AV. If you can only see the wing from the side arc, you're opposing the side AV. If you can only see the wing and you're in the rear arc, you're opposing the rear AV.

Daemonette666
12-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Could he see the front body of the vendetta? Was enough of it behind cover to allow a cover save? If so, would the rules for shooting at vehicle in cover reference example "3" on page 75 of the rule book allow for the flier (hover) to get a bonus +1 to its save, and take the hit on the side armour, or does it take it on the front and a normal save?

I would probably go with the latter, and give it a save based on the terrain that is blocking.

walrusman999
12-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I had flying base proxys i was using, so ultimately, everything on the table could see them :/

Xenith
12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
If the shooter is in the front arc, you hit the front. If its in the side arc, it hits the side.

Same as everything.