PDA

View Full Version : The caw of a Raven on the wind, amongst others...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Wow! What a tremendous piece of artwork!

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2840249a_1xl.jpg

I'll assume from the Lightning Claw and Whip that this is none other than the Lord of Ravens himself, Corvus Corax. Wow, I think this shows him off better than Deliverance Lost.

VICTORUS AUT MORTIS!

This article is in relation to the new product that Black Library are selling, which are the scripts for all of the Horus Heresy audiobooks so far. Which I think is a tremendous idea, because some of the voice actors really annoy me...

Wolfshade
12-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Yup I think it is a good thing and I agree with the picture better than delieverance lost picture

Mr Mystery
12-04-2012, 03:07 AM
We could form the Bell of Lost Souls Footlights.

How about a reading of Garro in the style of Scooby Doo? Or Geordie accent Ravenguard?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Ahreet!

Toooooooooooon!

Mr Mystery
12-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Howay ya bassa!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Oh gods, now I am imagining Geordie Raven Guard, thanks Mystery... :p

Wolfshade
12-04-2012, 03:43 AM
Oh gods, now I am imagining Geordie Raven Guard, thanks Mystery... :p
Could explain their black and white colour scheme....

Mr Mystery
12-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Plus Marines do seem well versed in How Ye, the ancient north eastern martial art of unprovoked aggression!

And remember, How Ye must only be used at the very slightest provocation!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-04-2012, 04:12 AM
Hahaha!

david5th
12-04-2012, 09:36 AM
At BL weekend, Neil Roberts said this was originally meant to be artwork for Ravens Flight CD but wasn't used.

Cpt Codpiece
12-04-2012, 10:41 AM
i dont know what you guys are on about..... all of my sopace marines are geordies, every time i read a book. :p

though in fairness the over use of southern accents for the space marines annoys me somewhat, i do like that guardsmen (at least in KNF) are read as yorkshire lads.

i actually really like the voice they gave Luther, it really fits the character, as does garro.... even more fitting though that he was from albia LOL
again with a more northern hint the voice for varren was well done in the sword of truth too.

Gotthammer
12-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Here's a link to Black Library's The Scripts, Vol 1 (http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/the-scripts-volume-one.html):

Within these pages you will find the complete production scripts for the first six Horus Heresy audio dramas – ‘The Dark King’, ‘The Lightning Tower’, ‘Raven’s Flight’, ‘Garro: Oath of Moment’, ‘Garro: Legion of One’ and ‘Butcher’s Nails’. With full soundtrack direction, character notes, and an exclusive introduction from editor Christian Dunn, take a look behind the scenes of Black Library’s most popular series..

Not sure about this one, as reading a script can be rather dry, but it would be quicker than listening to them all.

Wildeybeast
12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
At BL weekend, Neil Roberts said this was originally meant to be artwork for Ravens Flight CD but wasn't used.

I can't imagine why they would choose to reuse a peice of old artwork for the cover over this piece of awesomeness. Corax truly is the best of the Primarchs.

Mr Mystery
12-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Dude, you spelled Fulgrim wrong.

Wildeybeast
12-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Fulgrim is truly is the worst of the Primarchs.

Fixed it.

Mr Mystery
12-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah. Like fixed in the way George Osbourne has fixed the economy :p