PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm March 2013

eldargal
12-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Possibly old news, but I just noticed that the next part of Starcraft II, Heart of the Swarm is slated for release in early March next year (varies from country to country I think).

Looking forward to it ymself, I loved Starcraft, I loved Wings of Liberty and I expect to love Heart of the Swarm with its focus on Kerrigan. I just hope they don't go killing her or Nova off, that would make me cranky. You wouldn't like me when I'm cranky.:rolleyes:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b8/SC2_Heart_of_the_Swarm_cover.jpg/255px-SC2_Heart_of_the_Swarm_cover.jpg

Aenir
12-02-2012, 12:37 AM
I loved SC 1 and Brood War

SC2 just seemed to lack something, im not sure what and I think the game suffered because of it.

Im a little worried because of Blizzard's recent form (SC2/D3) has been dissapointing in my eyes, but I will give it a shot :)

PS, I want my F. Bats back!

White Tiger88
12-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Hey look Kerry is evil again.......Totally didn't see that one coming!

eldargal
12-02-2012, 01:49 AM
I don't think she has gone evil again, she is being hunted by Mengsk still and is trying to control the swarm in her partially de-infested form.

Edit: Ordered myself a Collectors Edition.

Learn2Eel
12-02-2012, 04:15 AM
She is working with Raynor by the looks of things. I expect the major conflict in the game to revolve around her getting revenge on Mengsk.
If the campaign is anywhere near as good as Wings of Liberty, it will be a must-buy for me. It was so satisfying to play an RTS with a phenomenal, lengthy campaign.

Will be good as well because it should help get to know Zerg, I always found I just could not work them out when playing SC2, I had no issue with them in the previous games though.

White Tiger88
12-02-2012, 04:17 AM
She is working with Raynor by the looks of things. I expect the major conflict in the game to revolve around her getting revenge on Mengsk.
If the campaign is anywhere near as good as Wings of Liberty, it will be a must-buy for me. It was so satisfying to play an RTS with a phenomenal, lengthy campaign.

Yes but it is always a RTS with very bad multiplayer dominated by Korean super gamers bent on all of are destruction. Also after the $#(@ up that was Diablo 3 im afraid to see what they did to the story...

eldargal
12-02-2012, 04:21 AM
D3 was made by a different team. Also the multiplayer is very good if you can play against friends, and i'm speaking as someone who is terrible at SC2 MP.

Godless Zealot
12-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Fond memories of the first one and the expansion pack but haven't got round to playing Wings of Liberty yet due to my inferior PC tech. I am no good at RTS multiplayer either, I spend too long building my bases and being OCD with the placement so everything is positioned just right (You can't put a power plant next to the barracks!). Best to team up with friends and takedown AI opponents I find.

White Tiger88
12-02-2012, 05:35 PM
D3 was made by a different team. Also the multiplayer is very good if you can play against friends, and i'm speaking as someone who is terrible at SC2 MP.

I was great at it till we got are servers invaded by Korean players........... >_<

uglytater
12-03-2012, 10:15 AM
SC2 Multiplayer was a ton of fun, until it put me in a good ladder and all of a sudden my MMM bombs stopped working. It was always the same when I got Terran from a Random selection, but I enjoyed it.

Emerald Rose Widow
12-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I liked SC2 a lot, the story was great, and I really enjoyed the multiplayer when it wasn't playing in crazy ladders where all people do is rush you within two mins. Some of those Korean players are just -shudders- they is scary good.

It doesn't help that I play protoss, which are pretty slow anyway even if you know what you are doing. But I loves my toss.

It is weird though, you think I would like zerg as a bug player, but what can you do. I am odd to say the least.

White Tiger88
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
I liked SC2 a lot, the story was great, and I really enjoyed the multiplayer when it wasn't playing in crazy ladders where all people do is rush you within two mins. Some of those Korean players are just -shudders- they is scary good.

It doesn't help that I play protoss, which are pretty slow anyway even if you know what you are doing. But I loves my toss.

It is weird though, you think I would like zerg as a bug player, but what can you do. I am odd to say the least.

hehehe Toss rocked 5 min VOidray rush = me lawling! (till they nerfed em and made marines Uber)

*cough*

As a zerg player i will be picking this up sooner or later.....Plus i want the zergwings for my wizard in d3 lol

eldargal
02-27-2013, 06:58 AM
Not long now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCsGTP3-Jlw

DrLove42
02-28-2013, 07:32 AM
I've never played any SC but the trailer does look good. I might consider picking it up. Maybe.

It does give an excellent idea of what Marines vs Nids would look like on a cinematic scale

eldargal
02-28-2013, 07:40 AM
I've been playing Starcraft since the first one came out.:) I'd recommend playing the first installment of SCII, Wings of Liberty. You should be able to pick it up fairly cheaply. It goes over the relevant story lines of SC1.

eldargal
03-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=221004077&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=launcher&utm_campaign=d3&utm_content=left-banner) is half price in the lead up to Heart of the Swarm being released, if anyone is interesting. Seventeen pounds or twenty euros.

White Tiger88
03-02-2013, 01:31 AM
All hail the Zerg!

eldargal
03-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Nearly finished my first run through of the campaign, enjoying it a lot. It is perhaps a little easier than Wings of Liberty and is quite forgiving on Normal difficulty but very fun. The story is cheesy as Starcraft always is but not at all bad for that.

Kerrigan is awesome.

DrLove42
03-13-2013, 04:44 AM
I'm watching it through a guys youtube lets plays. It looks awesome, but I haven't played any Starcraft and has no monies to start

eldargal
03-13-2013, 04:50 AM
I really like how they have made the Zerg upgrade process feel suitably evolutionary and different from earning money/resources and buying upgrades. Over time you unlock new evolutions of abilities for your creatures which can you change as much as you like. Periodically you unlock evolution missions which let you upgrade all units to a new strain with different base abilities

eldargal
03-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Finished my first playthrough, really enjoyed it. The final level in particular felt suitably epic and the end-game cinematic was very touching I thought. Currently playing through the whole thing again starting with Wings of Liberty.

Learn2Eel
03-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Great game I must say, finished it one sitting (technically) over twelve or so hours. Not as long as Wings of Liberty or as high quality, but still very good. Some very epic moments, especially story-wise. The ending was perfect. Just a shame we have to wait another two-three years for Legacy of the Void :(

eldargal
03-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Well HoS was basically an expansion to WoL and the price reflected that, my collectors edition was considerably cheaper than WoL. I wouldn't say the quality was lacking though, in fact a lot of the gameplay changes make going back and playing WoL much more enjoyable. Particularly the number of active/optimum harvestors displayed above hives and such.

White Tiger88
03-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Well HoS was basically an expansion to WoL and the price reflected that, my collectors edition was considerably cheaper than WoL. I wouldn't say the quality was lacking though, in fact a lot of the gameplay changes make going back and playing WoL much more enjoyable. Particularly the number of active/optimum harvestors displayed above hives and such.

I found the game fair to easy as Kerrigan was powerful enough to pretty much solo an enemy base....... On the upside Stukov is back which makes me happy as hell!

Also.......Im pretty sure that crazy xel-naga worshiper was Durran........

Oh and who else is playing melee games? I am loving the swarm host!

eldargal
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Well I played through on Normal difficulty and while suitably powerful I still had to be careful with how I used Kerrigan. Apocalypse is is fun when you unlock it, though. Which reminds me, a bit annoyed that I didn't get the achievement for reaching level 70 with Kerrigan, it stopped at 67 for some reason.

Narud is Duran backwards so I think it is a fair bet.:p

White Tiger88
03-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Well I played through on Normal difficulty and while suitably powerful I still had to be careful with how I used Kerrigan. Apocalypse is is fun when you unlock it, though. Which reminds me, a bit annoyed that I didn't get the achievement for reaching level 70 with Kerrigan, it stopped at 67 for some reason.

Narud is Duran backwards so I think it is a fair bet.:p

You have to do EVERY single bonus objective & there are a few really annoying ones....... (Now to get the level 29 kerry avatar....its awesome!) Oh and for Pun's sake

"I give a new meaning to....Zerg Russian" (Click on stukov a bunch of times lol)

Learn2Eel
03-14-2013, 06:43 PM
On Duran/Narud, Duran was after all the one that mentioned Hybrid in Brood War and the like and said he was a shape-shifter. That, and Kerrigan said she saw through Narud's "pathetic charade", so it is basically all-but-confirmed.

White Tiger88
03-14-2013, 06:43 PM
On Duran/Narud, Duran was after all the one that mentioned Hybrid in Brood War and the like and said he was a shape-shifter. That, and Kerrigan said she saw through Narud's "pathetic charade", so it is basically all-but-confirmed.

Then kicked his ***.....At least he didn't get the Face Palm of doom.

Learn2Eel
03-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Spoilers dude lol.

eldargal
03-15-2013, 12:45 AM
They also confirmed it at a panel thing at a Blizzcon or E3, the video is on YouTube but I can't be bothered finding it.:rolleyes:

I did all the bonus missions, that's whats annoying, She was at 70 but it stopped counting at 67 on the achievement.

eldargal
03-15-2013, 08:24 AM
http://images.wikia.com/starcraft/images/5/51/Lessara_SC2_DevGame1.jpg

Ms Protoss. I'm thinking cosplay...:rolleyes: