PDA

View Full Version : Black Templar Chaplain o'skulls

johnny_trash
12-01-2012, 12:48 AM
+++NAME+++
Hadrian
+++RANK+++
Reclusiarch of Fighting Company Brekkon

I picked up this chaplain a few months ago, just wanting a new chaplain since my DIY one was showing his age. Already painted, at first the model didnt seem to have that much character, but after stripping it I realized which sculpt it was. As bare metal, all the tiny details stood out, like there are 23 skulls on the main model Grimdark enough for you?

I decided this chaplain needed more skulls, and deserved special bits. I got the shoulder pad from chapterhouse, and have matching studs-and-heraldry-shields ones for his (eventual) command squad, it originally featured fangs on the skull, but I filed them down and added a purity seal. Hopefully the seal implies his arm is raising, what do you think brothers? 24 skulls.

A standard Black Templar bolt pistol sufficed for his weapon, trusty, won't blow up, gives more attacks, it's everything my chaplain wants, it also has a skull. 25 skulls now. The Legion of the Damned backpack was a no-brainer, and the shrine is icing on the top, putting him up to 30 skulls.

The base is a bit lazy, just diamond-plate plasticard scraps but it does the job, and I don't want to remove the metal plate between his feet I'm working on a better base though, we'll see.

Thanks for looking, c&c welcome

Aspire to Glory
12-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Moar skullz!

Heh. No, seriously, I like the mini. Great table paint job.

SotonShades
12-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Nice. Might want a light wash to blend in some of the dry brushing slightly, but otherwise a great looking mini. Like the glowy eyes :)