PDA

View Full Version : new forge world heresy era squad bundles

thomas40kfanboy
11-27-2012, 12:51 PM
mk2,3 and mk4 30man tactical marines with 3packs of bolters and a commmand upgrade kit £160

20 man CATAPHRACTII terminators with special weapons set and 3 packs of either powerfists or power axes £176

3 contemptor dreadnoughts (2 normal, 1 relic) with assorted weaponary £120

all bundles have £20 off.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff

MaltonNecromancer
11-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Anyone know if these are a permanent addition, or a limited-time Christmas release?

Mr Mystery
11-27-2012, 02:04 PM
LAWKS!!

I need a credit card!

thomas40kfanboy
11-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Only available for the holidays, imagine they might keep them around for a little while after. but grab them while you can.
going to get the cataphractii terminators with power fists and the mk2 set at the weekend.

AnEnemy
11-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Hell yeah...almost 300 USD for thirty marines. I'm sure they'll fly off the shelves and land right under Tiny Tim's Xmas tree.

Forgeworld's really banking on the lonely gentleman market for 2012. That said, if I had the disposable income too I'd already have some Mk 2's ordered.

Cpt Codpiece
11-27-2012, 10:38 PM
i know they are heresy aimed, but damn it i want some MK VI packs like this........ :mad:

not a bad deal overall though, just think of it as free shipping :)

wittdooley
11-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Hell yeah...almost 300 USD for thirty marines. I'm sure they'll fly off the shelves and land right under Tiny Tim's Xmas tree.

Forgeworld's really banking on the lonely gentleman market for 2012. That said, if I had the disposable income too I'd already have some Mk 2's ordered.

I didn't realize having income to purchase these automatically meant you were a "lonely gentleman..."

I may be tempted by the cataphractii. Don't need any more heresy era power armor right now, I don't think.

RGilbert26
11-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Problem with the Cataphractii bundle is that you only get one special weapons set and so you would have to buy 3 more sets for each unit of 5 (not sure if it's one heavy weapon per 10 or 2 like 40k, either way one isnt enough).

eldargal
11-28-2012, 02:49 AM
I'm neither lonely nor a gentleman and I've ordered some.:p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-28-2012, 03:06 AM
Thank the Gods!
If you had considered yourself lonely then I might have to seppuku. :p

I would buy some, but I'm focussed on Fantasy atm.

jonsgot
11-28-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm slightly tempted by the LEGION CONTEMPTOR DREADNOUGHT TALON, but if I was going to spend that much (and hadn't already got another Storm Eagle this month) I'd be buying a Spartan or something similar.

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Good discounts and deals, but sadly for me one of those deals is the equivilent of an entire years worth of hobby funds so will have to pass.

RGilbert26
11-28-2012, 06:59 AM
I like the Contemptor Talon though I would change the weapons.

Deadlift
11-28-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm neither lonely nor a gentleman and I've ordered some.:p

I quite likely could end up a lonely gentlemen this Christmas if I ordered any of this instead of the GHD hair things my Mrs wants. Either that or castrated. Still I have an Achilles to play with this month ;)

Kawauso
11-28-2012, 09:02 AM
I quite likely could end up a lonely gentlemen this Christmas if I ordered any of this instead of the GHD hair things my Mrs wants. Either that or castrated. Still I have an Achilles to play with this month ;)

History has been shaped by many a great eunuch.

Neelam
11-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Hopefully picking up the Contemptor Talon with an additional Kheres Assault Cannon and Cyclone Missiles to make one of them a Mortis Pattern.

Seem's like if you magnetized the arms you'd have use for all of them (except the heavy bolter but that can be used for display purposes as it looks awesome).

AnEnemy
11-28-2012, 11:39 AM
I didn't realize having income to purchase these automatically meant you were a "lonely gentleman..."

I may be tempted by the cataphractii. Don't need any more heresy era power armor right now, I don't think.

Obviously, I'm being hyperbolic. Still, I don't imagine there are a lot of us willing to drop 300-500 USD on ourselves right before Christmas. Nor is this priced to appeal to parents Christmas shopping for their kids.(for 30 2" tall resin figs at least. Perceived value and all that). There's no way I'd put something like this on a Christmas list. I guess I'm more confused at why this made sense to someone at FW than anything else. The consumer savings amounts to a little over free shipping.

As you said though, we all operate under different circumstances. While I'm sitting here scratching my head you and Eldargal are rubbing your hands together. All good.

wittdooley
11-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Obviously, I'm being hyperbolic. Still, I don't imagine there are a lot of us willing to drop 300-500 USD on ourselves right before Christmas. Nor is this priced to appeal to parents Christmas shopping for their kids.(for 30 2" tall resin figs at least. Perceived value and all that). There's no way I'd put something like this on a Christmas list. I guess I'm more confused at why this made sense to someone at FW than anything else. The consumer savings amounts to a little over free shipping.

As you said though, we all operate under different circumstances. While I'm sitting here scratching my head you and Eldargal are rubbing your hands together. All good.

It just makes it easier to get to that Free Shipping threshold :D .

The Cataphractii appeal to me, but I'd have to get rid of all the centurian looking parts and cover them with fur, as is the Space Wolf way.

Mr.Pickelz
11-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Personally, i would love to get some MkII or III for a pre-heresy Space Wolves going, however it's costing me about the same to get my Speed Freakz Biker list goin. :(
Also, I really can't wait until FW gets the Wolves out to play and Leman Russ.

AnEnemy
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
I have about forty or so mixed suits of II, III, and IV I'm converting into Vlka Fenryka. I worry that they'll release SW specific armor that will blow away my conversions, but I figure it could be up to two more years until they'll get to Prospero. Can't wait that long. I'm currently trying to work out knot work.

Emerald Rose Widow
11-30-2012, 01:14 AM
I may be lonely but I am no gentleman -giggles- wish I had the spare cash though, would so love to do a pre heresy thousand sons. Too bad they do not have a Magnus forgeworld miniature just yet, would kill to get that one.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-30-2012, 01:19 AM
I may be lonely but I am no gentleman -giggles-

True story, feeling you there. :(

Except I am a gentleman.

eldargal
11-30-2012, 01:55 AM
Except I am a gentleman.
So you claim.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Ouch! There was venom in that comment! I'm genuinely hurt. :(