PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions of the Helldrake

Mizzrym
11-27-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm going to embark on converting/scratchbuilding a couple of Helldrakes but I need some measurements from the actual model so I get the size right (dont want it too big/small). To this end I was wondering if anyone out there could do me a huge favor and give me the dimesnsions of an assembled helldrake? I realize there's probably some variation of the wingspan depending on how wide you assemble them but if someone could take a few measurements for me I'd be eternally grateful. I need 4 measurements taken which are labeled x1, x2, y1, and y2. Attached is a pic along with where the measurements I need are.
Thanks in advance!
Mizzrym

DrLove42
11-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Not sure on exact measurements, but heres mine

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/drlove42/2012-11-25225030.jpg

The wings are a bit funny cos they're magnetised not stuck on, but you get an idea on size (assuming you know how big a Heroes tin is)

Estimated (so probably wrong)

Your green line 20-25cm
Purple 30-35 depending on the angle you put the wings on (put them completly flat and it could be closer to 40)
Yellow and blue, maybe 8-9cm?

Animus Silvanna
11-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Wow that thing is way bigger then what my friend here in Afghan-land has been using as a proxie. Which is like a cut out maybe the size of a rhino.... I am very displeased