PDA

View Full Version : planetside2- game of the ever: outfits(squads)

fuzzbuket
11-27-2012, 02:07 AM
hello!

just a quick post, right you all play PS2/want to play it?

yes well good. i was going to start a outfit for my group of friends, and then rabidly recruit, but i thought itd be a good idea to ask here if anyone wanted to have a big bols outfit or something?
a outfit makes the game much more fun and its like a organized squad.
it runs on fairly low end PCs just fine, its a wee bit CPU heavy though and you need a decent conection.

(im not on too much due to a faulty mobo and a parent that thinks fixing motherboards that are at A HUNDRED AND TWENTY DEGREES is a pointless idea... -_-)

anyways do you want a bols outfit or shall i just update once ive got my outfit together

Psychosplodge
11-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Have you tried putting some fresh thermal paste on your processor? easy cheap first attempt at fixing.

I was looking forward to it, but then there was a steam sale...

DrLove42
11-27-2012, 04:21 AM
I need a new laptop full stop. But i like the looks of PLanetside having watched TB's intro vids

fuzzbuket
11-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Have you tried putting some fresh thermal paste on your processor? easy cheap first attempt at fixing.

yeah ive put fresh paste on the chipset and processor. its still **** hot and i need a new fan. and im banned of the my PC for a week because of my "bad attitude to schoolwork and parents".... because i drew a cat for someone on reddit and i didnt rework a bit of chem homework(because my writings **** anyway and i didnt have to do it.)

oh well more painty time.

Mud Duck
11-27-2012, 04:35 PM

No excuse! It's free to play, dagnab it!

Emerald Rose Widow
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
I would love to get an outfit together, or join one in my server so it makes playing a lot easier. I am on Connely if anyone is on there

Psychosplodge
11-29-2012, 03:00 AM
No excuse! It's free to play, dagnab it!
Exactly, I paid for Torchlight 2...

I would love to get an outfit together, or join one in my server so it makes playing a lot easier. I am on Connely if anyone is on there
The ping would probably be too high...

Emerald Rose Widow
11-29-2012, 03:21 AM
The ping would probably be too high...

most likely

fuzzbuket
12-01-2012, 10:06 AM
oh, i now appear to be in command of the old beta outfit i went with, its on CERES and if you see a fuzzbukets thats me, join if you want (or if you want to add me on steam ill add you on the outfit from there)

its called dutch wives and i have no idea why.

Psychosplodge
12-05-2012, 02:49 AM
So I had a go on CERES last night...certainly got a steep learning curve. Think I'm going to have to wait till I get an improved rig, it's not what you'd call stable at the moment, in about three hours it crashed about five times...¬_¬

fuzzbuket
12-05-2012, 10:24 AM
So I had a go on CERES last night...certainly got a steep learning curve. Think I'm going to have to wait till I get an improved rig, it's not what you'd call stable at the moment, in about three hours it crashed about five times...¬_¬

thanks to my crappy internet i get like 5fps. luckily i have a super bolt action rifle, a tank and can farm XP from healing/fixing.

Psychosplodge
12-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Lol I've got amazing internets, but all it did was let me see people gun me down...

fuzzbuket
12-05-2012, 01:59 PM
if your in 1v1's go heavy assault. F activates your sheild.
medics shouldnt be shooting much, as a engie your turret should go down quick.
La is all about the element of suprise.
infs should be miles and miles and miles off.

and maxes kill everything ever.

Psychosplodge
12-06-2012, 02:44 AM
I definitely had the most success as an infiltrator, get to one side of the enemy as they're pushing forward and pick them off...

fuzzbuket
12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I definitely had the most success as an infiltrator, get to one side of the enemy as they're pushing forward and pick them off...

buy the VS 100 cert bolt action and a 10-12x scope.

ITS SO GODAMM FUN.

for those that dont know its essentially a infinte laser rifle.

fuzzbuket
12-08-2012, 12:40 PM
righty ho im fighting with THE FOUNDATION on ceres (normally amerish or esmir) as VANU

why im now even a sorta squad leader/platoon leader. im somewhat OCD and normally yelling commands, but YAY I SOUND LIKE DAVID TENNANT (apparently) AND I HAVE A SEXY VOICE (apparently)

WOOO

PEW PEW PEW JOIN THE VANU

fuzzbuket or some variation.

Psychosplodge
12-10-2012, 03:15 AM
Starting to pick up now I've put some points into armour, nothing more satisfying than gunning down a room full of people busy shooting out the windows :D

I've only been playing on Indar though, not had a go on either the other continents yet.

fuzzbuket
12-10-2012, 10:58 AM
fuzz's quick guide to continets:

indar: the crown, lots of people, valleys mean that aircraft dont dominate, makes it hard for tanks
esmir (ICE): tank fights+ lib heaven. if your infantry you will die buy feck that massive tank battles
AMERISH: (forest/ mountains/plains): some areas are brilliant for tanks, roads are kinda dodgy, air is really dominant but so too are infantry, and apart from the bastion and the VS bio lab the best base design.

DrLove42
12-22-2012, 02:27 PM
SO i got this for my new laptop. I#m gonna keep playing but not convinced too much. And its not just cos i suck with a mouse and keyboard.

It seems quite pay to win. About an hour in, I got the drop on a guy. Me shooting pointblank range with a Heavy Assault gun into his back had time to turn around and kill me. In the deathscreen it showed that I had taken away 4 bars of shields, nothing more.

Everyone who has killed me has some kind of damage boost on their guns. Means no matter if i get the drop on you or whatever i die. Every time.

fuzzbuket
12-23-2012, 06:06 AM
damage boost guns?!what? ive never heard of that.

your fighter jets require rocket pods to be any good, and some veichal weapons (sauron, dalton) are slightly better. but the vanilla weapons are actually really good and a new gun (100-500 certs) should take a few days to unlock

with him killing you. did he get a fuzzy outline? thats the HA ability of sheilds which soaks up damage (and can be upgraded for reasonable prices) or was it a MAX suit? those things are almost invincible

-fuzz

p.s. its 2x XP till like january the 21st, so stuff is sorta affordable ( i get about 60 certs a night often a lot more, and never less than 30)

p.p.s. unlocking stuff is fun! beginner kit (vanu)
bolt action rifle: 100 certs.
x1.25 zoom on all veichal guns 1 cert each
better HA armour (in stages beginning at 1 cert)
AMS sundy (means it can be used for spawning) 100 certs
AMMO sundy, (can resupply tanks giving you a ****ton of XP) 150 certs
second burster (max) - 1k certs.
lib cannon (makes your lib gunner get insane killstreaks ) 1k or 750 certs
sauron cannon (magrider) giant laser anti tank sniper rifle - 1 k certs

i think thats it.

DrLove42
12-23-2012, 06:09 AM
Yeah I'm getting more into it now. I still suck with a mouse and keyboard, but driving i can do

But flying. How the Eff do people fly? You need 3 hands! WASD, the arrow keys and the mouse!

I'm Terran Republic. I just managed to somehow without speaking get involved in a 7 full galaxy drop raid. That was highly entertaining

fuzzbuket
12-24-2012, 09:31 AM
wait mouse keys do something for flying?!

also was that drop raid in the desert map at dahka amp station? against the vanu? if so they were all under my glourious leadership, which managed to get:

3 libs
4 sytches,
a galaxy
and a magrider
stuck in a single rock at the warp gate.

Psychosplodge
12-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Doc you fascist...why no join the peace loving Vanu Sovereignty? :D

fuzzbuket
12-29-2012, 01:39 PM
today some ruffian jumped into the adventure sundy whilst i was fighting for dahka amp station, and leading alpha squad to glourious pew pew pew
(exuse the ****ty graphics, i still havnt upgraded my old GPU)
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594739388711176403/EF8D6632D04ED8EABC24AA38FC762D41AE1E2663/

Psychosplodge
01-02-2013, 03:16 AM
But are we nearly there yet?

But Fuzz you missed the mad Mao tech plant take over later that day, it was awesome...

fuzzbuket
01-02-2013, 04:31 AM
awww, oh well also im now a officer :D

Psychosplodge
01-02-2013, 04:35 AM
sounds like a lot of effort...just remember to add me to your squad if you see me online :D

fuzzbuket
01-02-2013, 05:27 AM
will do sploge, and luckily as i have a mic and played waaayy too many RTS's tactics and orders is fun :D

and the adventure sundy now has 2000000x moar dakka.

Psychosplodge
01-02-2013, 05:33 AM
Red go faster stripes yet?

fuzzbuket
01-02-2013, 06:09 AM
nope not sunk any real cash in but it has mortars and a chaingun that shoots faster than the rifles.

Psychosplodge
01-02-2013, 06:17 AM
You can get them for a sundy? didn't know that, thought it was just the machine gun, cannons or grenade launcher...

Psychosplodge
01-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Vanu cavalry in the next update?
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3573&d=1358262361

DrLove42
01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
According to TB theres a new patch soon. Makes defending points more fun.

Psychosplodge
01-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Yeah saw that, sounds interesting.
You should come join the Vanu, we do fun stuff like argue over fonts and blow stuff up...

did you ever get gemucon tickets doc?

DrLove42
01-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Which server are you Vanu on?

I've not played in a while.been doing a lot of painting, and have just finished Hitman and was going to start Assassins Creed 3 tonight. Or paint some Terminators

As for Gemucon it sounds amazing, and i'd love to go. but its like 3 days after i get home from my honeymoon....so no chance

Psychosplodge
01-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Ceres, Fuzz is there too occasionally. I really need to paint some stuff.

Bring the wife? Cancel the honeymoon? Do gemu instead? the possibilities are endless...
I think they've sold out again though. I hope it works, its first year, and a gaming convention...we'll see.

fuzzbuket
01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Ceres, Fuzz is there every night as he has no life outside of screaming at randoms down a mic because he is amazing and the best outfit co-leader ever

yeah come join us we are having a flash mob.

everyone in flashes racing somewhere :P

oh and www.thefoundation.eu

Psychosplodge
01-15-2013, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't know I crashed about fifteen mins after you turned up last night...

fuzzbuket
01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't know I crashed about fifteen mins after you turned up last night...
so you missed the sundy race.
and the gal 'race' *
and the fantastic sundy piloting skills**

*ie cluster****
** with the squad sundy falling off a cliff

Psychosplodge
01-16-2013, 03:18 PM
nope missed that.