PDA

View Full Version : Radical Inquisition (Semi-competitive, mostly fluffy: 1750)

Cadre
11-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Hello there. Just about to build an army that I have been wanting to build for a very long time. After a lot of brainstorming over the GK codex in the new edition, I think I've come up with a semi-viable way to use the models I want rather than the usual competitive stuff.

Ordo-Malleus Inquisitor 103
-Empyrean Brain Mines
-2x Daemonblades
-Power Armor
-Psyker (Hammerhand, but will roll on divinity, more than likely)

Inquisitor Coteaz 100

Techmarine 155
-Warding Staff
-Empyrean Brain Mines
-Psychotroke, Blind, and Rad Grenades

Henchmen 120
6x Daemonhosts
2x Crusaders w/ Power Axes
2x Death Cult Assassins with Power Sword/Axe

Henchmen 135
9x Psyker
3x Crusader w/ Axes

Henchmen 215
10x Warrior
-Bolter/Carapace Armor
2x Jokaero Weaponsmith
--Inquisitorial Chimera

Henchmen 215
10x Warrior
-Bolter/Carapace Armor
2x Jokaero Weaponsmith
--Inquisitorial Chimera

Stormraven Gunship 230
-Typhoon Missile Launcher
-TL Lascannons

Dreadnought 130
-Heavy flamer
-TL Heavy Flamer
-Psyflame Ammunition

Nemesis Dreadknight 275
-Heavy Incinerator
-Heavy Psycannon

Aegis Defense Line 70
-Comm Array

----------------

The Stormraven Contains:
The first Henchmen squad with the daemonhosts
The Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with the Daemonblades
The Techmarine
...and the dreadnought

-------------

Some of the choices are from the Grey Knight side of things, which was something I wanted to avoid. I intend to model them somewhat differently to fit my theme. Let me know what you think and if it would be acceptable.

The Techmarine: Obviously he provides a lot of benefits that really help make the Deamonblade Inquisitor more viable. He can accept challenges that would squish the Inquisitor and provides useful unit-wide buffs and debuffs. I intend to represent him as an Interrogator, a student of the inquisitor who has been augmented through some suspect means.

The Dreadknight: I love the idea of deamonhosts. However, I was extremely disappointed by how weak they are in the current rulebook. Better than last time in terms of efficiency, but they lack the shock and awe I associate with them. When I think daemonhost, I think Cherubael from the Eisenhorn series. After a lot of thinking, this thing has more the stats I'm looking for. It teleports, it crushes things, it's hideously tough, and it spouts torrents of flame and other goodness. I intend to model it as a chained daemonhost hovering over a scene of carnage laid out on an appropriate sized base, and at a height roughly equal to a normal dreadknight. The idea for some sort of "greater daemonhost" has been in my head for a while, and I think I finally have a way to make it work.

Dreadnought: Primarily, I don't like to waste space in a transport. It bothers me. But, the thing provides a fair number of benefits to the strike element of the army in the Stormraven, most especially the extra psychic defense and added anti-horde capacity. The added High Strength is also a plus, and I like having more high-armor/toughness targets to prevent over-focusing on a single high value model by the enemy anti-tank fire. I intend to model the thing as a sort of suitably radicalized penitent engine with additional armor plates over the cockpit.

-------------

Notes on Individual Units:

Warriors/Weaponsmiths: I think that the changes to rapid-fire made the bolter an incredibly attractive option for the henchmen at 1 pt per model. Especially with a pair of weaponsmiths providing benefits that they can all used to good effect by the bolter. Additionally, the weaponsmiths themselves are incredibly versatile and provide a fair amount of anti-tank and anti horde fire with their selectable heavy weapons. While a Rhino might strictly speaking be a better choice, I am a fan of the chimera. Just looks cool.

Psyker Squad: Joined by Coteaz and camping in the defense line. I imagine them as a sort of command section. Using telepathy to coordinate the army, and blasting away from their location. I gave the aegis line a com relay to represent this, though I intend to build a quadgun as well for more competitive play.

Daemonhost/Crusader/Assassin Squad: Joined by the Inquisitor and Techmarine, the squad is meant to be a budget threat. The unit itself is quite cheap, at 120 Points, much cheaper than the associated characters and transport. The idea is that the daemonhosts make the unit majority toughness 4, while the crusaders are well able to take some hits. The daemonhosts themselves are eminently expendable, but have a remarkable capacity to surprise (and at times, devastate) with their random abilities. Also, it's a scoring unit, and that's just fantastic. The damage output comes largely from The DCAs and the Inquisitor himself, which is perhaps lacking. However, in playtesting the unit has performed quite well provided the stormraven doesn't go down in flames on its first turn.

------
Thanks for your time and patience: any and all comments are much appreciated.

Animus Silvanna
11-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Wow aside from the Demonhost I really like the list. Very creative and has some big threat options that someone will have to take care of. I think my favorite is the Inquisitor with Two Demonblades thats pretty much awesome. The theme is also very cool. I think in my experience you might aswell take the free option of either heavy bolters or multi melta on the Stormraven. The Missile launcher is both expensive and both of the other options are better for what you need it for. Which is a tank killer/interceptor

Cadre
11-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Noted. I think I will drop the missile launcher for a multi-melta.