PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Heresy characters and weapons

Gotthammer
11-23-2012, 11:57 AM
New from Forge World (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff) are the Legion Champion and Master of Signal, a familiar fellow to those who know their retro marines:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/Leg_champ_Sig_master.jpg

Also are MkII assault troops along with autocannon, heavy bolter volkite charger and volkite caliver weapon sets:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/sautocannons1.jpg

available on the FW page for immediate dispatch (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-23-2012, 12:00 PM
I think I found my new Dark Angel Company Master.... O_O

Mother of the Gods, those are beautiful models.

Mr Mystery
11-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Soon I shall have a 10 strong Legion support squad, armed entirely with Volkite weapons!

Bwahahhahahaahha!

Kirsten
11-23-2012, 12:23 PM
may just have to get the autocannon set...

Cap'nSmurfs
11-23-2012, 12:41 PM
That Champion is utterly gorgeous.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-23-2012, 12:48 PM
That Champion is utterly gorgeous.

This, 50 million times this. :D

Do him in Ultramarines colours, he'll look sick.

MaltonNecromancer
11-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Those autocannons and bolters look absolutely boss.

Champion looks okay; love the Master of Signal though. I always enjoy it when FW redoes a Rogue Trader miniature, and makes them look good. There's something satisfying about seeing a goofy model made to look great.

Anyone know what the stat line for the Volkite weapons is? Purely because I'm curious to know if they're any good or not. Whether they're good or not, I'm thinking of getting some of the Caliver ones to use as "counts as" plasma guns.

Kawauso
11-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Hrrrngh autocannons.

Guess I'm going to work on getting a set for a Thousand Sons havoc squad...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Anyone know what the stat line for the Volkite weapons is? Purely because I'm curious to know if they're any good or not. Whether they're good or not, I'm thinking of getting some of the Caliver ones to use as "counts as" plasma guns.

But Malton, my Heresy book is all the way in the other room.... :(

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Don't forget the video attached to the newsletter :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCPCR0nHWK8

(are those Justaerin terminators I see?)

Nice stuff, but feels a bit filler-ish, like the last lot.

As a side-note, I keep seeing people (on here and other places) say the paintjobs are bad - I don't consider myself a particularly good painter at all, so I don't "see" what is bad about them? (they look fine fine to me..) anyone want to explain their reasons? (honestly curious here)

Gotthammer
11-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Overdosing on the chipped paint effect just makes them look messy rather than artfully damaged.

Cap'nSmurfs
11-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Do him in Ultramarines colours, he'll look sick.

Oh, necessarily.

Nemesis
11-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Don't forget the video attached to the newsletter :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCPCR0nHWK8

(are those Justaerin terminators I see?)

Nice stuff, but feels a bit filler-ish, like the last lot.

As a side-note, I keep seeing people (on here and other places) say the paintjobs are bad - I don't consider myself a particularly good painter at all, so I don't "see" what is bad about them? (they look fine fine to me..) anyone want to explain their reasons? (honestly curious here)

Great models but----I think the reason some say naughty things about the paint job is possibly the overuse of the 'salt' weathering/damage technique. This is where granular salt crystals are applied before spraying the final colour coat. Used sparsely it can be a very effective system but a lot of the FW models seem to have had a salt cellar upended over them! We have to remember that these are the Adeptus Astartes, they spend a lot of time over wargear rites and artificer repairs. Doubt they'd go into battle looking like a rust bucket! Yeah, I know were talking the Hersesy here but they have not yet turned fully down the Chaos route at this stage. They'd still be looking after there armour only without the mention of the Emperor when they were doing maintenance.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Indeeed.

Kirsten
11-23-2012, 01:43 PM
I think they are fine personally, they are better than mine. the robed apothecary in there is interesting too, and the fancy boarding shield on the emperors champion

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Well, you can see it on the Jetbikes largely.

Kirsten
11-23-2012, 01:48 PM
I need one of those jetbikes, I have a specific conversion in mind

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Oh my.

O_O

Cpt Codpiece
11-23-2012, 01:51 PM
oohh tasty, those justarin look like they will be tasty in my blood angels :)

i too am thinking volkites for plas...... started a thread in conversions about it LOL

loving all of the heresy stuff, but aaarrrggghh come on FW and do a plasma gun pack!!!!

Bigred
11-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Those auto cannons may be the cheapest way to get them in bulk. I'm thinking even CSM players will pick up that set as it will produce WAY better looking auto cannon Havocs.

Kawauso
11-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Those auto cannons may be the cheapest way to get them in bulk. I'm thinking even CSM players will pick up that set as it will produce WAY better looking auto cannon Havocs.

I sure as hell don't want to have to pick up -four- sets of Havocs (to say nothing of how crappy those weapons look)...or go through the trouble of converting them from IG bitz when I could just get four that look that good at a reasonable price.

David Blumenthal
11-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Justaerin! Lookin good!

And a nice looking autocannon set? Hnnnnng. They aren't making my decision to go xenos with my next army rather than chaos any easier. :(

White Tiger88
11-24-2012, 02:16 AM
Anyone else think those guys are screaming "Shoot us first we have ability s that are annoying" ????

Awesome sculpts but stick out like a sore thumb for a vindicator blast....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-24-2012, 02:43 AM
You mean just like any other character model?

Tiger, you post the weirdest things...

White Tiger88
11-24-2012, 03:05 AM
You mean just like any other character model?

Tiger, you post the weirdest things...

All my Hq's blend in....then again im guard also i can't top your crazy posts :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Engrish! :p

SadisticMagician
11-24-2012, 10:25 AM
any idea who the marines in the Volkite Caliver pictures are meant to be?

Gotthammer
11-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Blood Angels and 1kSons are the only red pre-heresy legions, and the black/red combo is a more Blood Angely one IMO - so I'd lean to them being Blood Angels, personally, maybe some sort of proto-death company?

Mr Mystery
11-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Could be the pre-chapter Flesh Tearers?

fuzzbuket
11-24-2012, 12:54 PM
yet again another example of FW mucking up on the paintjob. HEY FW ILL PAINT UP SOME OF THESE FOR FREE

Kawauso
11-24-2012, 05:33 PM
They didn't muck it up; Forge World models are painted in a realistic style. So it's largely flat colours and a lot of chipped paint/weathering powder, etc. Their goal is to make the models look realistic - which is not something one achieves by doing detailed shading and highlighting and painting OSL or NMM.

Personally I will agree that I favour stylized paint jobs, however; the detail on models is kind of washed out by realistic paint jobs, which is a shame really considering how pretty FW stuff is.

David Blumenthal
11-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I find realistic paint jobs far more eye catching, anyway.

Bright colors have their place and can be quite attractive, but I like my army to look like it belongs on the battlefield. Not on parade.

"Very pretty, General. Very pretty. But, can they fight?"

Kawauso
11-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I find them less eye-catching because they just sort of blend in with the background - anything but a close-up and the detail if kind of washed out.

But to each his own. :)

Mr Mystery
11-24-2012, 08:25 PM
I think pristine armour is the best for Marines.

They aren't your standard army. They're there to shatter your command, and resolve in one fell swoop.

I know I'm going o/t a bit here, but imagine that in a modern war. You expect sneaky sneaky camo, bit of sniping here and there. That's got be nerve wracking enough. But to encounter something like a Marine, boldly declaring it's presence, walking through whatever you can throw at it, whilst your mates detonate around you? You know death has marked your card, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. How do you fight that? The amount of firepower, or blind luck it would take to drop a Marine, let alone a squad? I shudder to think.

So to me, the bolder the better! Can't wait for the weather to belt up so I can get my Heresy stuff sprayed!

David Blumenthal
11-24-2012, 08:26 PM
I find them less eye-catching because they just sort of blend in with the background - anything but a close-up and the detail if kind of washed out.

But to each his own. :)

I can 100% understand the appeal of models that stand out in that way. I'm just particular in my taste.