PDA

View Full Version : 2K GK lists for tournament.

Miko
11-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Hello.
This is my idea for tournament next sunday- i just want to see what ppl think about them and maybe get some constructive feedback.

HQ[228]
Crowe[150]
OX Inqisitor Rad, Mastery lv1, Power Armour[78]

Elite[145]
Vindicare[145]

Troops[1090]
5 Purifiers 2xPsycannon, Psybolt Ammo, 2xHalberd, DH Rhino[209]
9 Purifiers 9xHalberd, Psybolt Ammo[254]

Fast Attack[280]
Stormraven, Hurricane bolters, Typhon Missile Launcer Psybolt[280]

Heavy Support[255]
Land Raider[255]

I think there is not much to explain. 4xRhino purifiers to catch objectives and shoot shoot shoot. Vindicare for killing heavy armor and cutting inv from pesky IC, Big purifier squad with inqisitor goes either to LR or Stormraven for good H2H counter.

When it comes to changes There is list of my remaining models: Librarian, 10 Terminators, Dreadknight, Coteaz, one psyfleman Dreadnought, culexus and caliduss assassin and some warrior acolytes Henchman.

And welcome: This is my Second post on the forum and i didn't Introduce myself in first.

deed116
11-21-2012, 08:26 AM
The storm raven will be on flyer defence i take it? I'd honestly get coteaz in this list for so divination win with some terminators, servo skulls on the inquisitor and you've got multiple deployment options with the raider and the raven. I'd honestly leave the vindicare at home, he seems slightly incongruous with the 24" dominance this army has as a theme. Other than that, solid build my man :)

Animus Silvanna
11-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Gotta throw it out there that i agree with Deed116 in saying leave the vindicare at home. He wasn't that good even in 5th edition and he sure as hell is not any better off in 6th. Let me start by putting he has 2 weapons both of which can only ever fire once per turn, he aslo can pretty much be removed by one squad's shooting it doesn't even have to be alot. While his precision shots sounds cool it can be negated by look out sir. So now you cant even guarantee that his 5-7 shots that he will have in his game will even kill anything. That's 145 points that you could use to instead beef up one of your purifier squads to full strength or spend it else where idk lol. I think everything else is great, the land raider imho is an excellent choice as well seeing as how everyone and there mom has seemed to forget that armor 14 is still armor 14. Yes it has a life expectancy and might be blown up turn one BUUUUUT everyone seems to include max plasma it can boast nowadays and forget to bring the old Lascannon/Multi-meltas, and if they did they are very few. Like the list very spammy. Drop the vindicare though lol

deed116
11-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Just as an afterthought, you've got 2 great assault vehicles but nothing too killy to actually go in them, I'd honestly reccoment making a bit of a deathstar with the inquisitor and a unit of henchmen. Namely 5 crusaders with axes and 5 death cult asassins. This will make any unit other than assault terminators cry blood :P And this is only 150 points.

Miko
11-23-2012, 04:37 AM
I can drop vindicare but there is a question what to put instead. Options i have:
1)Caliduss
2)Culexus
3)Techmarine
4)Psyfleman Dread
5)Drop 2 hammers on purifiers and add NDK with sword

Animus Silvanna
11-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Well from those options a Caliduss is very annoying and troublesome for people and provides very real danger to the target she puts herself against. If not the psyfle dread should be good i dont think the NDK will be bale to match pace with the rest of your army without a jump pack

DarkLink
11-23-2012, 12:07 PM
All the assassins suck. The Vindicare is the best, and even he is too fragile to probably be worth it.

Animus Silvanna
11-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I disagree. Not with they all suck cause they pretty much do now. But of the 4 the Callidus is still the most useful she gets a free attack on a designated squad then shows up where you want her and gets a S 8 template thats ap2. Provided it is against their leadership on the average army your needing 4's to wound but so what usually you can hit the whole squad and if she doesn't just outright get rid of the soft target you chose they will have to run away from here or risk being Hit & ran to death with her WS 8 I8 and 4 attacks with a C'tan phase blade. What can the Vindicare offer in return. Maybe killing 5-7 guys in a game? and of that they are not even guaranteed to kill the guy you want to merc anyways. Vindicare is probably the 3rd best of the assassins.

Kyban
11-23-2012, 01:19 PM
I disagree. Not with they all suck cause they pretty much do now. But of the 4 the Callidus is still the most useful she gets a free attack on a designated squad then shows up where you want her and gets a S 8 template thats ap2. Provided it is against their leadership on the average army your needing 4's to wound but so what usually you can hit the whole squad and if she doesn't just outright get rid of the soft target you chose they will have to run away from here or risk being Hit & ran to death with her WS 8 I8 and 4 attacks with a C'tan phase blade. What can the Vindicare offer in return. Maybe killing 5-7 guys in a game? and of that they are not even guaranteed to kill the guy you want to merc anyways. Vindicare is probably the 3rd best of the assassins.

Vindicare is very good anti-tank, especially useful for taking out heavy armor.

DarkLink
11-23-2012, 05:40 PM
And the Vindicare is the assassin that inherently sucks the least, because he avoids many of the pitfalls that make the assassins suck in the first place. You can hide the Vindicare in cover and behind a Rhino or whatever and actually keep him alive a turn or two, maybe, while being able to reach out and touch your opponent. That almost - but not quite - mitigates the problems that all the assassins suffer from.

Animus Silvanna
11-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Well if the best thing the Vindicare is peace of mind for my vehicle troubles ill pass. Everything else in the grey knight army handles vehicles just fine with the infinity amount of psycannons out there and i'd rather give my opponents something to redirect attention. I think the reason you find the Vindicare lasting past turn 2-3 is that no one gives a flip if he is on the table or not. If i saw him across the board i wouldn't even bother wasting a round of shooting at him unless he was the only thing contesting my objective. its a huge waste of 145 points that can be effectively ignored. If he isn't causing threat to your opponent or dealing any real damage that he is just sandbagging your list. Just to re-iterate we are all in agreement that all the assassins got beat with the nerf bat followed by the nerf firing squad.

David Blumenthal
11-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Looks like a fun list.

A question for the wise: Do Purifiers do well as MSUs? Does their potency distract from their small numbers? I'm not contradicting your decision; the list just brought up the question.

Miko
11-25-2012, 12:38 PM
So now after the tournament. I played with this, and ended up on 3rd place:

HQ[228]
Crowe[150]
OX Inqisitor Rad, Mastery lv1, Power Armour[78]

Troops[1075]
5 Purifiers 2xPsycannon, Psybolt Ammo, 2xHalberd, Sword[204]
9 Purifiers 9xHalberd, Psybolt Ammo[254]

Fast Attack[280]
Stormraven, Hurricane bolters, Typhon Missile Launcer Psybolt[280]

Heavy Support[415]
Land Raider[255]
Nemesis Dreadknight, Heavy incinerator[160]

Few comments:
-MSU Purifiers in Rhinos are da ****. I'm thinking about 6 next time. I think that i should drop all weapons on them for swords.
-Big purifier squad in land raider was full of bad luck but i think that i have to put at least 2-3 hammers in this one
-NDK is a bullet magnet that saved a lot of points just by attracting shots.

Animus Silvanna
11-25-2012, 01:15 PM
***congrats***

DarkLink
11-25-2012, 02:02 PM
You should see what a properly decked out Dreadknight can do. The Teleporter gives your opponent no end of headaches, and with a psycannon you can put a ton of wounds on clumped up units (which is also where the Shunt move comes in handy, as it lets you hit units your opponent though was safe and thus didn't bother to spread out). It does get pretty expensive, though. I might consider a pair of Dreadknights with just the psycannon in the future.

BTW, you should buy the Purifiers as full 10-man units, then Combat Squad. You're not fully mechanized so you don't need the slots to get transports, and you'll save 40pts on Psybolt Ammo. That's a second Rhino.

I'm also personally not sure the Typhoon ML is worth it, that's 25pts that can go to Hammers in your Purifiers. Pick up Psykotroke Grenades for the Inquisitor as well, I think.

Edit:
So it'll look like this:

Crowe - 150
Inquisitor, Rad/Psykotroke Grenades, P. Armor, Psychic Power - 93

10 Purifiers, 4x Psycannons, Psybolts, 4x Halberds, Rhino - 348

10 Purifiers, 4x Psycannons, Psybolts, 4x Halberds, Rhino - 348

9 Purifiers, 7 Halberds, 2 Hammers, Psybolts -260

Raven, Hurricane Bolters, Psybolts - 255

Land Raider, Psybolts (for 5pts, might as well) - 260

Dreadknight, Incinerator - 160

That's 1874. 126pts to spend on whatever you want.

Miko
11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
You should see what a properly decked out Dreadknight can do. The Teleporter gives your opponent no end of headaches, and with a psycannon you can put a ton of wounds on clumped up units (which is also where the Shunt move comes in handy, as it lets you hit units your opponent though was safe and thus didn't bother to spread out). It does get pretty expensive, though. I might consider a pair of Dreadknights with just the psycannon in the future.
I know that NDK is best with tele but i just didn't have the points. As for the p-cannon i just don't like it. It's harder to hit as many models with it only +1S. I think i can try this in casual game but never liked it. Incinerator is just reliable as hell.

BTW, you should buy the Purifiers as full 10-man units, then Combat Squad. You're not fully mechanized so you don't need the slots to get transports, and you'll save 40pts on Psybolt Ammo. That's a second Rhino.
I can't agree with you based on my experience. 2x10 purifiers gives me either 2 10 man squads(3 scoring units- no thanks) or 2 mechanized combat squads and 2 on foot. 5 purifiers without metal box die so quick that i feel that i don't have to place them on the table. 5 man squads in rhino are very reliable, you can always shoot 2 Psycannons form fire points, enemy has to destroy the rino before he gets his hands on those pricey purifiers. Overall Much more mobility and survival- you need that when you pay 24 points for MEQ trooper. I think that this 40 points are worth it.

I'm also personally not sure the Typhoon ML is worth it, that's 25pts that can go to Hammers in your Purifiers. Pick up Psykotroke Grenades for the Inquisitor as well, I think.
I think that is weakest 25 points of this list- i think that Multi melta would be much much better here.

***congrats***
Thanks

Animus Silvanna
11-26-2012, 12:53 PM
I can never afford to get the psycannon myself for the NDK. I personally anytime I plan on taking the NDK make sure he has a buddy and kit them out the same: Nemesis Great Sword, Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter. This provides a huge problem for your enemy cause they have such a huge threat range and if you have them working in tandem then can wipe some squads off the board or destroy some pricy/ key vehicles. IDK how many times ive got my NDK into position of a chaos players God Hammer on turn 2 and forced him to walk his terminators to me instead of getting to spill out and charge at something. HILARIOUS to say the least lol.