PDA

View Full Version : Bad first experience with Wayland games when ordering brushes.

Merx
11-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Hi all,

So I decided to order from Wayland games, on recommendation of Army Painter brushes by BoLS forum members, who are slightly dearer than Triple Helix Wargames, my usual on-line stockist, but only because of their shipping charges, compared to Triple Helix who have free shipping.

Anyway, I ordered a box of Gors, 2 Army Painter brushes and some GW Thin Superglue (shut up yeah)

This was last Monday.

Its now Wednesday and its still not been sent out.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I rang them up and asked WTF, and I was told it would be fast tracked and sent out. Check it on Weds, still processing.

So just rang them up now and I was told he would stand over them and do it, and as I was writing this got a call back saying it was going to be sent out, "as you requested", which I took to mean sent out first class as compensation which I asked for.

So annoying, since I selected that if anything wasn't in stock, to refund me and send it out what they did have. Apparently the army painter brushes were the culprit, being out of stock.

Don't think I will be using them again any time soon. This was a bit of a test delivery since I created my Christmas wishlist on their site. Think I will direct people to another, fearing their order would never reach me.

Have you guys had any problems with Wayland?

merx

Kirsten
11-21-2012, 06:35 AM
they are incredibly hit and miss there, if they have the stuff in stock, they are very fast, if it isn't in stock, it can take months, literally. The simple solution would be to only order stuff in stock, but in my experience of using them, their stock indicators are not at all accurate

pauljc
11-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Don't you have a local gaming store? Why not give them a bit of love?

Merx
11-21-2012, 07:29 AM
I dont. I did when I lived in North London, however I am not aware of any out here in East London.

OrksOrksOrks
11-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Wayland are pretty attrocious, I'd rather pay GW prices than deal with them, as GW IS my FLGS and they really are F, I like to buy things from them direct, Wayland have NEVER delievered within a month, even on orders they've said were in stock, they're a terrible company really