PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Grey Knights. Competitive (feedback Please :D)

deed116
11-20-2012, 08:23 AM
HQ
- Coteaz
- Inquisitor (terminator armour/level one psyker(hammerhand))

TROOPS
-Henchman warband
5 Deathcult Asassins
5 Crusaders (power axes)

- Henchman Warband
3 Plasmacannon Servitors
2 warrior Acolytes

3 x 10 man strike squad(2 psycannon/psybolts/rhino(dozerblade&searchlight))

FAST ATTACK
Stormraven Gunship (assault cannon/multi melta)

HEAVY SUPPORT
3 Psyfleman Dreadnoughts (2 searchlights)

FORTIFICATIONS
Bastion(quad-gun)

the servitors and coteaz to sit in the bastion (i've been expecting you to prtect aginst drop melta, coupled with precience this is seriously tasty!)
the inquisitor and deathcult/crusader combo in stormraven
Strikes and dreads to do what they do best.

What do we think guys? :D

deed116
11-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Upon reflection i think i could swap the one dread out to fill the storm raven and maybe give it the psybolts/hurricane upgrade and tool up the inquisitor with psycannon/brain mines. the stormravens stuff is opretty pricey though. What dow e reckon?

Animus Silvanna
11-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I think the list is ok if you make those changes. However, I would say that a Helldrake even just one is gonna ruin your day with the lack of any 2+ save. Its str 6 ap 3 torrent is gonna wound on 2's and gets one re-roll and I've been already under the gun enough to know it will wipe a squad off the board or come close. and it will more then likely have at-least 2-4 turns of doing exactly that. The Stormraven might be able to down it in a turn if your lucky but nothing is gonna stop that 130 pointish model from killing anyone of your 200 pt squads (exempt Stormraven).

deed116
11-20-2012, 12:36 PM
That's fair, but the hell drake will have to shrug off the 4 shots from the quad gun, and if they jink then it'll only be snapshots, also they'll need to pop the rhino's first target them in the first place. Dont get me wrong i love the termies but i dont kjnow if they're worth 40 points a pop :/

DarkLink
11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Heldrakes should never jink. They have a 5+ invulnerable save, they don't need a 5+ cover save. It is silly to never take any power armor ever because one codex has one unit that's particularly good at killing Marine, though.

Animus Silvanna
11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Well i never said dont take any. Hell look at the lists i post i have a cult fetish with my interceptors and am hard pressed to ever get rid of them from my lists even though they are still only wearing power armor. What I was merely suggesting was atleast take a squad of terminators for 40 points you get one of the best terminators in the game with free hammers/halbreds. But as far as Codex scares go I'm lookin at practicality theres alot of codices that have ap 3 flamer awesomeness (Salamanders/SM, IG etc) . But it just so happens the flavor of the month this month and probly for awhile is Chaos and atleast one Heldrake. Rhinos are still good I Like that you took them as some people think they are borderline useless but they still will absorb atleast one volley of anything protecting whats inside and that is worht 40 points in its own right.

deed116
11-20-2012, 01:13 PM
they may well be twice as great but they die four times as hard :/ they are an awesome unit, and with the bro-banner nigh on unstoppable but there is more efficient stuff in the codex i reckon. I flirted with a drop list of terminators and a psycic communion guy, might mock a list soon :) I feel the helldrake is a tough tough unit to be true but i dont want to tailor my list because of on model that may appear if you see where i'm coming from? To be fair interceptors are awesome, but pretty steep at 26 points :/ I'm glad i've found someone who still has faith in the old rhino though :P

deed116
11-20-2012, 01:26 PM
then again, 286 points does get me a pretty tasty terminator unit, give the inquisitor a psycannon, or maybe drop the dread and get another inq. in there with more skulls for deep strike shenanigans XD might be a plan, thanks buddy!

DarkLink
11-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Paladins are more efficient than Terminators. Terminators are twice as expensive, for roughly equivalent durability and generally less firepower. Terminators are good for Thawn and relatively inexpensive scoring assault deathstar that doesn't require a particular HQ choice, but if you can go with Paladins or something instead, you'll be more efficient. Terminators only really fit in a particular type of GK list.

deed116
11-21-2012, 06:22 AM
you could be on to something there mate. If we scrap one squad that gives me 286 points. so that's 4 pallies for 220, and some nasty kit to give them. then maybe some gear for some other guys.....I'm playtesting tomorrow so i'll let you guys know :)

Animus Silvanna
11-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Yup love my 'ceptors they are the most expensive grey knight unit as far as cost effectiveness goes. BUT, They are my favorite unit and I have had nothing but raving success with them. Be it beaming down and crippling a unit whilest being out of LOS from other nastier things. or snaking the terrain to charge down an UN-suspecting SM tac squad or equivalent. People always say "Ohh well they are not combat units blah blah blah." bottom line they all have power weapons still and I'm not saying I'm gonna charge Kharne and his ever happy group of berserker friends, but putting them against anything that doesn't get a save against you and you can atleast deflect and save against isn't all that crazy especially after they have take 4-8 psycannon shots and 16 S5 storm bolter shots then having to wave of 17 S5 power weapons. They are very underestimated currently which i always plan to exploit :P Sorry was kind of a rant. Paladins always a good decision they can never fail.

deed116
11-22-2012, 08:37 AM
this is fair but i cant see them being able to do anything some cheaper strke marines can't. Strikes can still deep strike if you want. It's a shame incinerators are so expensive for them though :/ Had a load of fun with 1 140 point group of purgation marines with 4 incinerators in a rhino. Reserve them and use them as a counter attack. Hillarious times XD