PDA

View Full Version : upcoming Model Kits: Chaos, SM, Orks, Eldar, SoB, Guard and more...

TheCreator
11-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Remember that odd lists form a while ago? Well I do and have reorganized the list since the current rumors correspond with it.

Plastic Chaos Daemons:
Keeper of Secrets
Lord of Change
Bloodthirster
Great Unclean One
Chaos Daemons Warp Stalkers / Chaos Furies

Plastic CSM:
Chaos Bike Squadron
Chaos Noise Marines
Chaos Thousand Sons
Chaos Dark Chapel Upgrade Pack (terrain pack?)
Mechanicus Battle-Servitors / Khorne Caedes Engines (Imperial or Chaos dual kit? ‘bout time!)
Resin:
Cypher

Plastic Space Marines: (Dark Angels are not listed, I imagine they would be classified as SM)
Scouts with Astartes Grenade Launchers
Land Raider Medusa
Land Avenger
Space Marine Tactical Squad
Gale Claw Supremacy Fighter
Sword Brethren / Nightflame Veteran Squad (<- origin of Black Templars rumors)
Neophytes
Techmarine with Artificer Squad
Land Avenger Vulkan / Land Avenger Invictus
Praetor Warmachine
Bike Squadron / Crusader Bike Squadron

Resin SM:
Defender Upgrade Pack
Skyshatter Cannon (resin terrain?)
Severus Agemman, Regent of Ultramar
Chapter Master Tu’Shan
Iron Father Maalthun
Librarian with Jump Pack
Librarian Epistolary
Bionics Upgrade Pack
Terminator First Hand

SM Terrain:
Astartes Battle Fortress Tower / Pillar of Heroes
Astartes Battle Fortress Monastery
Astartes Battle Fortress Defense Wall

Plastic Eldar:
Eldritch Raiders
Jetbikes
Dragon Riders
Spirit Warrior
Phoenix Lord Nuadhu, The Fireheart / Alean Vyper
Webway Gate
Lamia Strike Fighter / Moon Siren Bomber
Wraithguard / Cataphracts
Sky Chariots / Shining Spears
Warpspiders / Everguard

Eldar Resin:
Harlequin Solitaire
Phoenix Lord Kyme'doc, The Planetwister
Striking Scorpion Xentarch
Howling Banshee Xentarch
Dire Avenger Xentarch
Fire Dragon Xentarch
Swooping Hawks
The Avatar of Khaine
Black Warden
Warlock with Force Staff

Ork Plastic:
Big Guns / Pulsa Launchas
Wartrakk Skorcha / Flakk Trakk
Flying Fortress / Rokk Launcha
Gun Fortress / Mega Tellyporta
Flash Gitz / Tellyporta Nobz
Meganobz / Painboy Cyborks
Deff Koptas
Warbuggy / Deff Racer
Klan Fort

Ork Resin:
Wazzdakka Gutsmek
Squiggotaur
Boar Squigs
Grot Nurses (teehee)
Boss-Kommissa Grotzki
Painboy with Cleava Harness
Freebooters Ogreen Kaptain
Warphead
Gorbuzz ThreeEye
Gritlegg Maksmesh

Tau Plastic:
Nautilus Defence Platform
Mako
Vespid Stingwings / Vespid Spinewings

Tau Resin:
Commander Farsight
Kroot Kroothawks

Sisters of Battle Plastic:
Battle Sisters
Seraphim / Patronica Squad
Exorcist / Catafalque of Sins

Sisters of Battle Resin:
Sister Superior Magdalenia
Canoness with Power Axe
Prioress Lazarea Verata
Repentia Squad

Imperial Guard Plastic:
Imperial Guard Hydra
Imperial Guard Storm Troopers / Iron Cloak Veterans

Imperial Agents, mostly Resin: (part of Sisters or Guard codex? Maybe a White Dwarf codex?)
Deathwatch Kill Team (plastic)
Cabal Tarellian Cotor with Dragontongue
Deathwatch Librarian
Enforcer with Heavy Stubber
Cabal Alpha Psyker
Obsideo Assassin

Dark Eldar Resin: Grotesque Squad

Oddities, some might be LotR, mostly Resin:
Cult Hybrid Upgrade Pack (plastic, for mutated Chaos Cultist or Genestealers? No idea)
Paladin Marshall Sieghelm
The Avatar of the Young King (Eldar?)
Patriarch Dumas, The Veiled Fiend
Helveticus the Ancient, Bearer of Honour
Turin, The Dragonslayer

As always, take with a pitch of salt.

Mr Mystery
11-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Well. The list had no Fantasy stuff, and that's what we got last month.

I continue to question it's veracity, and call shenanigans.

Ready?

SHENANIGANS!!!!

Kirsten
11-19-2012, 04:10 PM
having no fantasy doesn't affect its' veracity, there could simply be a separate list of fantasy releases that this list author didn't see. I still have no idea whether it is true or not, but it all looks quite plausible, if it isn't accurate, I bet it isn't too far from the truth either.

TheCreator
11-19-2012, 04:33 PM
But a lot on the list is lining up with current rumors, we really just have to wait and see if the new Chaos Furies/ Warp Stalkers or something Space Marine comes out.

If anything, the list should give us correct names.

el_tigre
11-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Turin the Dragonslayer's Silmarillion, and I'm fairly sure GW doesn't have any rights to that, sooo......

Defenestratus
11-19-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm trying to figure out....

Did this "master list" have the Helldrake etc on it from the initial Chaos wave?

Kirsten
11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
I think it was tipped for next year onwards

TheCreator
11-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Turin the Dragonslayer's Silmarillion, and I'm fairly sure GW doesn't have any rights to that, sooo......

They do, they've been making Lord of the Rings stuff for years remember?

daboarder
11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
They do, they've been making Lord of the Rings stuff for years remember?

yup and most of it is silmarillion specific too...

Archon Charybdis
11-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Gah, the prospect of Eldritch Raider models and a new codex that might actually make Vypers useable is really making me reconsider purchasing Corsairs and Hornets.

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Original list has Hobbit stuff, 40k stuff, but no Fantasy.

I'm telling ya, it's bobbins you hear! Bobbins!

Cap'nSmurfs
11-20-2012, 07:10 AM
I have to say that I'm with the Man O'Mystery on this one. The "xentarch" stuff still doesn't sit right with me.

Also, Ancient Helveticus is dead, dogg. Dead. He died!

bfmusashi
11-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Maybe they're bringing back 'historical' characters.

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Eldrad is technically historical.

Trouble is, original list of stuff had alleged product codes which did not conform to known GW product codes. Whilst not exactly enough on it's own to paint said list wish coloured, it is hard to say what these codes would be used for if genuine.

Zahariel
11-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Eldrad is technically historical.

Trouble is, original list of stuff had alleged product codes which did not conform to known GW product codes. Whilst not exactly enough on it's own to paint said list wish coloured, it is hard to say what these codes would be used for if genuine.
Was there not some talk of them being artwork/box codes or some such? Either way it's not long till we find out what the deal is, I hope it's true as I would love some new non-tranny/dragged up SoB models!

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Again seems unlikely. It's a duplication of book keeping.

But hey, just my opinion peeps, and as the man said, not long until it's settled one way or the other.

Defenestratus
11-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Was there not some talk of them being artwork/box codes or some such? Either way it's not long till we find out what the deal is, I hope it's true as I would love some new non-tranny/dragged up SoB models!

Yes - it was determined (convincingly IMO) to be box art codes which would make sense out of the "40k and LOTR but no Fantasy" if GW uses different vendors/suppliers for those lines.

Zahariel
11-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Yes - it was determined (convincingly IMO) to be box art codes which would make sense out of the "40k and LOTR but no Fantasy" if GW uses different vendors/suppliers for those lines.

Woo hoo i'm not going mad, I actually remembered something! It was quite a well reasoned out argument iirc, but as this hobby always does it generated several camps for and against! For a hobby that relies a fair bit on social interaction it does seem to generate a lot of division. Oh well DIVIDE AND CONQUER FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CouchViking
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
I like the idea of all that stuff coming out in the next year or so but my wallet is going to be crying in a corner bruised and bloody. I hope for my wallets sake it's false.

Defenestratus
11-20-2012, 11:22 AM
I like the idea of all that stuff coming out in the next year or so but my wallet is going to be crying in a corner bruised and bloody. I hope for my wallets sake it's false.

I think that the division really came in the fact that people couldn't believe that all these kits would be released in 2013. I don't blame them. Perhaps instead it indicated what boxes would be printed up in 2013 - only to be stuffed, shrinkwrapped, and stored in a warehouse until the GW overseers release them in later months.

Kirsten
11-20-2012, 11:26 AM
it isn't that big a list though if you consider how much actually comes out each month, and it was going well into 2014 as well

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 03:06 PM
it isn't that big a list though if you consider how much actually comes out each month, and it was going well into 2014 as well

Still missing any kind of Fantasy release...

Picking through the list, again there seems a lot of Ork, Chaos and Imperial compared to Tau. Seeing as CSM just had their codex, and spangly models, the amount seems high. SM as well, even though they're due a new Codex. I mean that's a lot of plastic vehicle sprues for Marines. Sure they're popular as an army, and the kits could be split over a couple of codecies, but it still seems like a helluva lot of new kit.

And again, having the Hobbit and 40k but zero Fantasy (and going on a 4 year cycle, 9th Ed would be due 2014...) and I find it's veracity questionable.

As for the codes relating to artwork? Again makes little sense. It's just a duplication of book keeping. Single box art per product, so why not just use the existing product code?

I've got a few boxes knocking around, so if someone could post up a couple of the mysterious codes, I'd be happy to collapse them and look for a code matching the general format? As for the lack of Fantasy... It would make no sense to have a separate supplier. All artwork is produced in house, and they use fairly set box sizes when it comes to plastic kits and Finecast.

Another oddity..... We know Fantasy style single character plastics are now happening to 40k, so where are they on the list?

Sorry to be such a negative nancy, but I'm seeing too many discrepancies.

Kirsten
11-20-2012, 03:16 PM
still perfectly explainable for any number of reasons, the absence of fantasy is meaningless to the veracity. Aside from anything else I would say if somebody was going to fabricate a list, ignoring fantasy entirely would be a rather stupid thing to do, so you could just as easily say the lack of fantasy makes it more believable

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Sorry. Edited whilst you were posting, and managed to answer your points without knowing them beforehand :p

Kirsten
11-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't see that you have answered any of the points

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Lack of Fantasy - No real reason for the list to exclude. If taken at face value, someone has managed to find 12 months or more of releases. And that is a bounteous 12 months when you include the Hobbit releases. So where would Fantasy stuff fit in?

The only explanation suggested is that the codes are for artwork, and Fantasy boxes are printed elsewhere. Why? It would make no sense.

And again, the total lack of single character plastic clam packs. We have precedent for these thanks to CSM as a lesser extent DV Chaplain. Where are these? They're solid sellers for Fantasy.

The lack of Fantasy is a far stronger argument for this list being a wish list than not. Remember, original didn't list the recent Chaos Toys. And that dual kit for Adeptus Mechanicus and Khorne? That would be a first. And slightly bizarre first to boot.

No Fantasy. Code that don't match known ones. No Codecies or Army Books. Not a mention of single character plastic clampacks? Too many discrepancies.

Kirsten
11-20-2012, 03:41 PM
nonsense, yet again I am forced to repeat myself, the lack of fantasy is meaningless. off the top of my head: they are on a different list, the person who saw the list doesnt care about fantasy, the person who saw the list was interrupted before he could get the fantasy stuff.

It was described as being more than twelve months of releases and from next year onwards. the new chaos stuff wouldn't be on there.

the codes were suggested as being production codes relating to location, machines etc. and not just possibly artwork.

the dual kit said mechanicus and khorne, not adeptus mechanicus and khorne, the obvious point is that it would be dark mechanicus. if the codes were for production or box art, or even something else, books wouldn't be on the list anyway.

there are plastic characters on that list, those could be clampacks for all we know. There is the always the possibility that somebody has compiled the list and mistaken some elements, such as multi part for clampack, or the codes might include that detail and so it doesn't need to be stated.

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Still massive supposition.

Looking at a handy Arachnarok box, the lid and tray each have unique codes. Barcode inside lid, 992702090130. Tray? 9927002090147.

Which if memory serves, do not correspond to the alleged codes from the list. Also, box has 'made in the UK' printed on the side. Though to be fair that may just be relating to the kit, rather than the box.

Again, I see no plastic characters on that list.

Simplest explanation? Whole thing has been pulled out of thin air. Explanations for each oddity are tenuous, and don't stand up to scrutiny. Product codes tend to be fixed. Again there is absolutely no good reason for storage in a warehouse to not use the same code as the till. Different system just has different info for each entry.

Kirsten
11-20-2012, 03:51 PM
explanations are perfectly plausible, your counter arguments are no more solid. by your own evidence, there are multiple codes used to release a single product. There are plastic characters on the original list. It is incredibly detailed to simply be entirely fabricated. maybe it is, who knows, but there is no good reason at all to assume it is all false.

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
No single plastic characters. I just checked again. The odd mounted character, or one with a retinue? Yes indeed (Techmarine and Nuadhu....) but no single infantry characters.

Difference between my argument and the counters? My reasoning is the same. The list is made up.

From my own personal and indeed professional experience, GW have a computerised stock replenishment system. Need to see if you have something in stock? Enter the product code on the terminal. System tells you how many you should have. Booking in the order? Sorts by the same product code, and you confirm how many were in the shipment. Till records each item sold, and sends the restock request. Warehouse then send out according to said list. All done using just the bar code and the product code. Assuming a similar system exists covering box replenishment, and again there is no logical room for additional codes. Whole point of the system is efficient logistics!

Now I will happily eat my words if the list turns out to be genuine, but I really don't think I'll have to on this occasion.

Kirsten
11-20-2012, 04:05 PM
there were single plastic characters originally, at least one of the sisters of battle were I am sure. Aside from anything else, the clam pack characters have not been universal, and have been far more prevalent in fantasy so far, so who knows where they will go. I will say again, the codes were suggested to be the codes for the production of the sprues, not product codes, or artwork, or anything else. You are arguing that it must be false, I am simply pointing out that your arguments for that have no particular weight to make them more probable than any other, they might be real, they might not, your reasoning is a long way from being conclusive.

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Sprue codes match the product code format. I've got Wolfguard, Raptor, Annihilation Barge and Arachnarok sprues to hand.

Wolfguard have 99380101033.
Raptors have 99380102014
Annihilation Barge have 99390110009
What I think used to be the DV chaplain - 99380101039
Carnifex has 99380106011
Arachnarok has 99380209021. Box product code is 99120209023 (boxes for others long since bunged into the recycling bin)

None of the codes from the list match. So that's another theory behind the list codes removed from consideration.

Plastic clampack for master of the ravenwing? 99499999059. Again rest of packaging long since chucked. I can't find a code on the Finecast sprues (really should build that someday!)

Behind my comfy chair, I have further sprues I can dig out (Ressurection Ark, Ogre Bulls if memory serves, perhaps the odd Dark Eldar).

So far all model product codes start 99, and are eleven digits long.

I feel we can rule out the mystery codes being sprues, box size or artwork from the examples I have to hand. Which pretty much gives them no obvious role. Ergo, I say the mystery ones are part of an elaborate hoax.

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Just thinking further...

Up to a certain size boxed kit, we can also fairly say there would be four different product codes.

Sprue. Box tray. Box lid. Finished, shrink wrapped kit. Each is 11 digits long. Each starts with 99. All necessary stock info needed for efficient logistics can be carried in those codes.

Again, I could be wrong but if I have proven the codes to be made up, it would suggest the rest of the list is equally bogus in nature.

Kirsten
11-20-2012, 05:05 PM
ok, still missing the point, I said they might be production numbers, not sprue numbers. They could be anything, your utter disregard is still baseless, you have not proven anything at all. Also bear in mind that the product codes have been overhauled in the past, twice to my knowledge since I started gaming.

Mr Mystery
11-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Far from baseless. Since I first worked for GW (circa 2001) all kits have had product codes starting with 99. These mystery codes do not.

Therefore, available evidence points to the codes being made up.

But by all means, continue to argue against actual evidence with conjecture and supposition.

I may be wrong, but given then evidence (there's that word again) I don't think I am on this occasion.

daboarder
11-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Far from baseless. Since I first worked for GW (circa 2001) all kits have had product codes starting with 99. These mystery codes do not.

Therefore, available evidence points to the codes being made up.

But by all means, continue to argue against actual evidence with conjecture and supposition.

I may be wrong, but given then evidence (there's that word again) I don't think I am on this occasion.

Now while your arguments are strong mystery you haven't actually posted any evidence, logic dictates your probably right but you can't go around arguing against the acceptance of words at face value (or with minimal public information as support) and then do the same thing.

ultimately however time will tell.

magickbk
11-20-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm not claiming any sort of legitimacy here, but there is a feasible explanation for the strange codes. In several barcode systems, numbers starting with 20-29 indicate internal functions, something not meant to be sent into the world at large. Rather than being a code for a single box or product, these could be warehouse numbers that denote a case or other denomination of said products. Back when I was on staff, blisters had stock codes, bar codes, and batch numbers on the blister, and blisters were packaged in a cardboard sleeve that contained 2 blisters and had some other barcode that I never paid attention to. I just checked, and it seems I have long since thrown away said sleeves.