PDA

View Full Version : Revenant Titan or Vampire hunter?

El_Davo
11-18-2012, 01:34 PM
so i play eldar, and my buddy and i are trying to get to 10,000 points. i'm almost there with 8000. but i'm wondering what my next forgeworld "heavy" purchase should be. either one of the two vampire flyers or another revenant titan (i already have one, but two would be nice). so i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with with the vampire hunter or raider or if anyone has played against them, or has had a useful insight etc. if you need stats for them i'll be happy to post them unless thats against some rule i'm unware of. either way, let me know
thanks!
El_Davo

Alqualonde
11-25-2012, 07:40 AM
I find the Vampire Hunter very useful. With the ghastly downgrade of Eldar Titian Holofields I think that a flying super heavy has more value now. I do use Saim Hann so chose the flyer originally so as not to slow down my army. Now it is just great - and an awesome model to boot.

Kirsten
11-25-2012, 07:53 AM
they are both awesome, personally I would go for the titan, but that is just because I would be terrified of a big resin flier perched on a stand falling over

eldargal
11-25-2012, 09:27 AM
The Revenant was hit much harder by the holofield changes than hte other eldar vehicles, whereas the Vampire Hunter has been improved significantly.

JMichael
11-27-2012, 04:25 PM
The Revenant was hit much harder by the holofield changes than hte other eldar vehicles, whereas the Vampire Hunter has been improved significantly.

Didn't we only loose 1 to our invuln?
Now as long as the model moved in the previous turn or arrive via Deep Strike Eldar Titan Holo-Fields confer a 5++ and Shrouded. Whereas before they only had a 4++ if moving.

If you can get that cover (maybe not too hard in a large city scape) then you might have a 2++ Cover if obscured by ruins. Of course Destructor weapons ignore cover....but that's where the 5++ comes in!

Personally, I like the new Holo-Fields rule as it makes my Lynx and Scorpion a lot more survivable to the mass non StrD that previously would wreck our weak armor.

to the OP: The Raider can transport 20-30models. This also translates into 10-15 Wraithguard or possibly even Wraithlords(can they still carry these? Are they very bulky?)

DrLove42
11-28-2012, 06:57 AM
All eldar vehicles were hit hard.

The Revenant was hit worst. Why? It has a 5+ invulnerable or a 5+ cover in the open. But every other eldar vehicle is a skimmer. Giving them a 5+ invulnerable or a 3+ cover in the open

eldargal
11-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Our skimmers are ok, as DrLove says they get a 3+ save in the open now. But the Revenant is not a skimmer so it just gets 5++ instead of 4++. With low AV and being so large the Revenant just gets shot to pieces ridiculously easily.

Alqualonde
12-04-2012, 08:31 AM
This is what is keeping me awake at night. My thoughts at present are to get an old brake disc as the base. But with the price that model costs I want it at steep angle for effect so now need to work out how to attach it to the base.

Currently if we play it is perched on a beer tankard, which I agree is not too bright.

Defenestratus
12-04-2012, 12:58 PM
so i play eldar, and my buddy and i are trying to get to 10,000 points. i'm almost there with 8000. but i'm wondering what my next forgeworld "heavy" purchase should be. either one of the two vampire flyers or another revenant titan (i already have one, but two would be nice). so i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with with the vampire hunter or raider or if anyone has played against them, or has had a useful insight etc. if you need stats for them i'll be happy to post them unless thats against some rule i'm unware of. either way, let me know
thanks!
El_Davo

I have both and by far, the Vampire hunter is the better of the two.

Having a 3+ evade save is by far the best thing that could have happened to the Vampire. It benefits from both being unable to be shot by most Str D and having a great saving throw against conventional weapons.

Defenestratus
12-04-2012, 01:00 PM
This is what is keeping me awake at night. My thoughts at present are to get an old brake disc as the base. But with the price that model costs I want it at steep angle for effect so now need to work out how to attach it to the base.

Currently if we play it is perched on a beer tankard, which I agree is not too bright.

12" square slate tile with 1" acrylic rod screwed in with magnet in top.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3VpZxmvhyFA/TTHjGSjiq9I/AAAAAAAANUM/AR09Jx-YO8s/s800/2011-01-15_13-09-58_527.jpg