PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Mourngul

Bigred
11-16-2012, 10:28 AM
This gribbly is from Monstrous Arcana

And its a particularly grim one. Ohh that poor horse!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/MOURNGUL.html

wittdooley
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Listen here, Warhammer Forge. We appreciate this slightly better than half-arsed Morungul sculpt. But do you know what we're all REALLY waiting for? Do you? It's the giant Tomb Kings Beetle and the big old Lizardman dino. That's what we want to see.

Your move, Warhammer Forge. Your move.

el_tigre
11-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Seconded, all of these quirky little monsters are nice and all, but it's the big centre-pieces I'm waiting for. I want to be able to bring the fantasy equivilant of a baneblade for my lizardman, something to trample all of those poncy chariots that wish they were stegadons.

Wildeybeast
11-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Their production rate for Warhammer has hardly been fast paced, I doubt the introduction of the Horus Heresy is going to do anything to improve that.

fuzzbuket
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM
hey forge world. whilst your sculptors are fantastic could you please repleace the trained monkey who does the painting?

like really the paintjobs on half the WHF minis are crap

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-16-2012, 07:14 PM
i think it looks awesome, it's something that's actually somewhat original and actually something a bit weird for once. I like the paintjob too, allthough it's a bit too dark. Makes a change from the usual boring stuff.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
11-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Wow, impressed by this one. It manages to look strong and brutal while still being ghostly/wispy. Posed very well.

Deadlift
11-17-2012, 02:59 AM
I look at it and I see a Nightbringer conversion. Replace horse with dreadnought, good to go.

Build
11-17-2012, 03:17 AM
I got shown this at the forgeworld stand, unfortunately the paint job does the model no justice whatsoever, which is brilliant.

eldargal
11-17-2012, 04:17 AM
I really like it, suitably creepy without being excessively monstrous in the traditional sense.

Mr Mystery
11-17-2012, 04:19 AM
I like it!

Plus I keep meaning to run a small scale narrative campaign in the Border Princes, and these groovy grub lies give me pleasing antagonists for the Warband sized games.

eldargal
11-17-2012, 08:11 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/morngul-g8.jpg
It's mouth is really disturbing me.

Chronowraith
11-17-2012, 08:58 AM
It's not the claws that kill you... it's the breath.

A dental hygienist could make some serious money... well... assuming they figure out a way that the Mourngul doesn't just kill/eat them.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-17-2012, 09:05 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/morngul-g8.jpg
It's mouth is really disturbing me.

Awwwwwh!

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
11-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Looking at the unpainted one, I'd really like to see it done up in a "incredibly pale dead flesh" look, and leave the eyes as black pits.

TheCastigator
11-17-2012, 09:43 PM
I think this is pretty good one, I appreciate the minimalist approach. Forge World is usually pretty good about not overloading a model with skulls or sculpted fire.

White Tiger88
11-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I think this is pretty good one, I appreciate the minimalist approach. Forge World is usually pretty good about not overloading a model with skulls or sculpted fire.

I have to agree this guy is a great fit.....And i also want one now I shall call him bob the Nightwalker and he shall be my vampire lords pet :3

Kirsten
11-20-2012, 01:41 PM
I think it is great, very characterful. it would make a great villain for small scale games and more RPG driven events. Really loving Forgeworld's monsters, they are all superb quality and wide ranging in inspiration.

White Tiger88
11-20-2012, 05:07 PM
I think it is great, very characterful. it would make a great villain for small scale games and more RPG driven events. Really loving Forgeworld's monsters, they are all superb quality and wide ranging in inspiration.

Not true....They have the oh so disturbingly bad (In my opinion at least) Keeper of Secrets....Needs more Boobs less non-female parts :D

Kirsten
11-20-2012, 05:34 PM
well I wasn't including the greater daemons, they have been out quite a while now

White Tiger88
11-20-2012, 10:07 PM
well I wasn't including the greater daemons, they have been out quite a while now

Oh sure save the daemons! :P