PDA

View Full Version : Typhus Conversion

alshrive
11-15-2012, 05:08 AM
I am starting this thread to keep track of the Typhus conversion i am working on. It is not because i dislike the current Typhus model (i really like it!) but i wanted to make mine Unique. So my aim was to not spend much more than the Finecast Typhus would of set me back so with that in mind i set myself an approx budget of £15.00
so the parts purchased so far and cost;
FW Death Guard Terminator Torso (eBay) - £2.50
FW Cataphractii Terminator Legs (eBay) - £2.00
CSM Lord Rock Base (Bits and Kits) - £1.00
Terminaor Lord/Sorcerer arm and staff (eBay) - £2.00
2 x FW Death Guard Terminator Shoulder Pads (eBay) - £1.00 (Bargain!)
WFB VC Zombie Scythe- from my Bits Box
WFB WoC Knight Weapon (pick)- from my Bits Box
Space Wolf Termiantor Thunder Hammer- from my Bits Box
Plague Bearer Head- from my Bits Box
Plague Bearer Champion Severed Head Trophies- from my Bits Box

that is everything so far and only a total of £8.50! looks like i could do this on budget! will aim to get pictures up online soon!

alshrive
11-16-2012, 03:33 AM
ok so last night i made some progress from just some bits! i took a dremel to the forgeworld bits and removed details i didn't want (mainly on one shoulder pad), i filed down the Plague Bearer head so it fit neatly onto the filed down shoulder pad. I combined the Scythe and the Warrior or Chaos Weapon to form the head of man-reaper, i stuck the chaos lords rock base onto a 40mm base and added a rock for his other foot to stand on (otherwise he wasn't going to face forward). i filed down the Pteruge on the Legs so it was smooth ready to be resculpted as chain mail... and i think that is where i got up to. More updates and pictures this weekend!

miteyheroes
11-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Sounds great - would love to see pics!

alshrive
11-16-2012, 05:19 AM
will be getting some done this weekend, atm it would actually be quite boring as it is just a massive selection of bits arrayed on my work bench! will get some photos together this weekend for you and get them uploaded!

Deadlift
11-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I bet is on awesome :)