PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Point Necron List ... Need Some Advice

Whereswaldo
11-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Necron Overlord (Warscythe, Mindshackle Scarabs, Sempiternal weave, Catacomb Command Barge) – 210
Necron Overlord (Warscythe, Mindshackle Scarabs, Sempiternal weave, Catacomb Command Barge) – 210

4 Cryptek (Harbingers of Destruction) – 140 {Attached to the Necron Warriors}

9 Necron Warriors (Ghost Ark) – 232
9 Necron Warriors (Ghost Ark) - 232

= 1488

Thoughts?

WickedGood
11-17-2012, 05:43 PM
I played a version of this army at 2000 during FoB. It did not have enough anti assualt so once I got through the vehicles it started to come apart.

Occam
11-18-2012, 11:32 PM
OK, my first thoughts are to drop the weaves on the lords as they're just duplicating the barge's benefits. If they loose the barge, they may be toast anyway, so a tessaract labyrinth or tachyon arrow may be a better use.

I'd say grab some destroyers or wraiths, or even lychguard to shore up you're own line, You're nice and mobile, but you still need that speed bump or something to stall the enemy. Maybe get a couple despair crypteks to help move around the board, or use the alchemists [transmogrification] to just tink away at enemy armor.

Of course, night scythes are the new sexy unit, so taking one or two of those is always a plus. Or even nemesor zahndrakh and some monoliths could cause problems--for them.

Otherwise, I'd say yeah, find a way to add more close-combat capability. the mobility is nice, though.

Emerald Rose Widow
11-19-2012, 04:24 AM
Also another thing that can give you a lot of firepower, are some annihilation barges

Tynskel
11-19-2012, 04:50 AM
I didn't know the necron codex had only 5 units.

Deadlift
11-19-2012, 05:00 AM

Yeah that's helpful.

To the OP, replace ghost arks with Night Scythes, your be more competative but more disliked :)

That way you could split your warriors into 5 per transport for scoring and the reminder of the warriors become your gunline. Saves you points on crypteks too.

Demonus
11-20-2012, 11:38 AM

Lord
Doom Scythe
Warriors
Night Scythe

Yep, just 4.