PDA

View Full Version : Go Eldar Go!!

Lost Vyper
11-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Yes! Tonight i face CSM/NIDS/ORCS or NECRONS...at last we got the timetables to match, i´m gonna film the match, so let´s hope, i got it in the tube tomorrow!!!

2000 points and no idea who i´m facing...i built a VERY shooty list, so it doesn´t really matter, BLAST EM!!!!! BLADESTORM!!!

"I salivate in anticipation" (Ivan, Jagged Alliance 2) :D

Mr Mystery
11-13-2012, 04:48 AM
If it's Necrons, you're dead :p

Pansy Eldar and Tesla don't mix!!!

Lost Vyper
11-13-2012, 06:24 AM
True, or the CSM Baleflamer (or what´s it called), anything that negates the cover save...well, we´ll have to see, i´m just glad to face someone else than Blood Angels...

Mr Mystery
11-13-2012, 07:17 AM
I'd like to offer you advice against Necrons, but the only time I've lost with mine was when I managed to mishap with my Overlord, Immortals and Cryptek. Even then it was a close run thing!

Lost Vyper
11-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Let´s just say that i expect flyers (if facing Necrons) and i´m prepared...i hope it´s the CSM, cos i haven't seen the new codex in action.

imperialpower
11-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I smashed a Necron army just last weekend Avatar+Wraithlords= smashed Necrons, hope you do well Lost Vyper

Defenestratus
11-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I smashed a Necron army just last weekend Avatar+Wraithlords= smashed Necrons, hope you do well Lost Vyper

Throw three nightwings and a phoenix in there and make mince-meat of the necrons.

Or.. scrap metal.

I donno... I just know that the nightfire missiles on the phoenix are just ... evil. Plain evil.

ElectricPaladin
11-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Throw three nightwings and a phoenix in there and make mince-meat of the necrons.

Or.. scrap metal.

I donno... I just know that the nightfire missiles on the phoenix are just ... evil. Plain evil.

Mince-meat is just as appropriate a term for chopped Necrons. Mince-meat itself often contains no actual meat.

Mr Mystery
11-13-2012, 01:50 PM

Or.. scrap metal.

Nah. Not a chance. Nowhere near enough firepower. It's our infantry you need to watch for!!

Capt Forsythe
11-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Mince-meat is just as appropriate a term for chopped Necrons. Mince-meat itself often contains no actual meat.

And the Necrons can make sweetbread out of the eldar! :O

Go get 'em! Double FOC? Sweet Sweet scatterlasers for the win.

Archon Charybdis
11-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Nah. Not a chance. Nowhere near enough firepower. It's our infantry you need to watch for!!

That's what the Phoenix is all about, especially with Nightfire missiles like Defenestratus suggested--six S4 small blasts, six S6 shuricannon shots, and two S8 AP2 shots for good measure. All BS5 and pinning against ground targets. It's quite a joy to behold. The other option for a few points less is to swap the small blasts for six S5 Ap3 shots.

Mr Mystery
11-14-2012, 02:49 AM
And how many points does that run to??? :p

Plus, although I've not looked at my aeronautica book for a bit, I'm sure that's Apoc only?

If not, soon as I see one, I'm gonna Tesla it's tits off!

Count Fenring
11-17-2012, 02:36 PM
You will be hard pressed to hit it with its laundry list of special rules and yes it is for 40k. It is nearing land raider point cost though.