PDA

View Full Version : I've Been expecting you and drop pod disembark

Miko
11-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Hi all!

I have a question about coteaz rule and 6th disembark.

Let's say that drop pod arrives in range of 12' from my coteaz and his squad. I know i can shoot at drop and then and the disembarking squad, but there is a thing about moving after disembarking.

What happens if he disembarks 6' from drop and he is out of my LoS now?
Do i shoot before he moves? Every model disembarks and moves separatly and it's said in FAQ that i can shoot when a unit is in valid position for shooting and then the unit can finish the move.

Sorry for my english i know it's bad;)

magickbk
11-12-2012, 07:38 AM
It's all in the wording of the FAQ and the rules for Disembarking. Basically, to leave the drop pod, the models get placed in base contact, and then moved. So, when the unit disembarks, your opponent needs to decide where they are going to leave from, and you fire, measuring range to base contact with the hatch they are leaving from. This could result in trickery where models could disembark from a side of the drop pod not in range of I've Been Expecting You, you don't get any shots, and then they use their movement to move in closer.

deed116
11-22-2012, 11:00 AM
I often playa drop sternguard list and this has been somewhat of a bugbear of mine. Though upon reflection the unit does not arrive from reserve. The drop pod does. Then they diesmbark in the movement phase as they would any other vehicle. It's a bit rubbish to say the least but that's the wording of the codex :/

DarkLink
11-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Claiming that the sternguard does not arrive from reserves is absurd. The sternguard were in reserves last turn, and now they are not in reserves. They arrived from reserves.

Anyways, they specifically address this in the GK FAQ.