PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Team Escalation League lists - Eldar + Eldar

JMichael
11-10-2012, 12:31 PM
After finishing our first escalation league at our store (hooray for my Sisters taking 1st!), we are trying a short 3 week team league.

A quick rundown:
Each player picks their team mate for the duration of the league subject to the Allies rules from the rulebook (with the exception that 2 armies of the same Codex are Battle Brothers).
Each player starts with 1,000 pts. Each week you add 250pts each. Unit types and size must remain the same (or greater) from week to week.

Missions are from the rulebook. 3pts for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for loss.

Anyway, here's my team mate's and I first week's list (his units are in italics).

HQ
Eldrad with codex powers (need that Fortune!)

Troops
10 Wraithguard + Spirit Seer w/Spear, Conceal
10 Wraithguard + Spirit Seer w/Spear, Conceal
5 Rangers
8 Dire Avengers + Exarch w/shimmershield-Power Lance, Defend

Heavy
Warp Hunter w/Holo-Field
Night Spinner
3 Dark Reapers + Exarch w/Shuriken Cannon, Fast Shot, Crack Shot (manning the Icarus Lascannon)

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line w/Icarus Lascannon

First game was last night vs a Marine/Tau army and The Relic/Vanguard Strike.

So Eldrad kept the Fortune on both Wraithguard squads as they advanced and took The Relic.
My forces played support.

In the end we won Primary and First Blood.
We lost only the Warp Hunter.
They lost 7 units including the Tau HQ and Crisis squad (thanks Warp Hunter!)

JMichael
11-19-2012, 02:29 PM
So adding the Wraithseer, a Wraithlord, and a Fortune-Seer = brutal!
3 Fortunes/turn on those Concealed Wraithguard and Wraithseer...they were able to march up the table and overwhelm the IG/Marine lines to capture their objective (while we held ours as well).
The Wraithseer gives 4+ Feel No Pain, and even though Fortune doesn't allow FnP re-rolls...it is still enough to make the Wraithguard nigh invulnerable!

Aegwymourn
11-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Sounds awesome. I still have a small eldar force. I have heard that wraithguard are either terrible or awesome. Might have try and get a hold of a Wraithseer and see for myself!

JMichael
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Having the toughness 6 is pretty great. Along with a Warlock with Conceal (5+ Cover save) and a Farseer with Fortune (re-roll failed saves) is a tough albeit expensive unit.