PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Space Wolves with Swiftclaws .... Need C&C

Whereswaldo
11-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I have been looking to adding on to my space wolves army … I really want to add something with mobility and was thinking about adding in Thunder Wolves but after looking at Swiftlaw I think that they might be a better option. With both being T5 and Swiftclaws getting the extra attack on the charge it should be interesting and having more models due to the price differences (I know stat wise Thunder Wolves are far superior but double the cost). With the Swiftclaws having Twin-Linked Heavy Bolters and a Wolf Priest in the squad for preferred enemy I think it should offset their poor WS / BS. Overally I feel the Swiftclaws will not be a dedicated assault unit but something to turboboost and outflank going for heavy support units / soft units. The Grey Hunters and the Long Fangs will be the usual workhorse. I know most people feel having a 1 of lascannon in a Long Fang unit is not the most cost efficient setup but the setup has been working for me.
Also going up to 1500 Points would be really easy cost wise and IRL expensive wise - Wolf Lord (Space Marine Bike, Runic Armor, Thunderhammer, Storm Shield, Saga of the Bear) – 250 (With 1 Ravenwing Battleforce and kit bashing I could have the entire unit up to 1500 points.
Thoughts?

Space Wolves 1250 Point List

HQ:
Wolf Priest (Space Marine Bike, Melta Bomb) – 140 {Attached to the Swiftclaw Pack}

Troops:
10 Grey Hunters (2 Plasma Guns, Wolf Standard, Rhino) – 205

Fast Attack:

5 Swiftclaws (Power Fist, Flamer, 4 Swift Claw Bikers + 1 Swiftclaw Attack Bike with Heavy Bolter, Melta Bombs) 185

Heavy Support:
6 Long Fangs (4 Missile Launchers, 1 Lascannon) – 155
6 Long Fangs (4 Missile Launchers, 1 Lascannon) - 155

Total Points
= 1250