PDA

View Full Version : Fastening for Spraying

ElectricPaladin
11-09-2012, 12:56 PM
After some negative experiences trying to paint the shoulder pads of land speeder pilots, I've decided to paint my stormtalon pilot's shoulder pads separately, then glue them in. The problem is, shoulder pads are just small that the force of the primer spray is more than enough to send them flying off my spray table, off the side of my balcony, and out of my life forever.

So, what method do you use for keeping small bits in place while you spray them?

Psychosplodge
11-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Double sided sticky tape on a box

magickbk
11-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, the tape, or in the case of parts that really only get painted on one side, like shoulder pads, you could glue a stick of sprue to the back and either punch that through the box or tape it in place.

Cpt Codpiece
11-09-2012, 01:38 PM
shoulder pads and heads i generally either super glue or blu tac onto an old brush. super glue will snap easily so heads will only need a tiny bit chopped off the stump to allow gluing (that does not look right glue-ing LOL).

Psychosplodge
11-09-2012, 01:41 PM
glued?

Cpt Codpiece
11-09-2012, 01:50 PM
post errata 1.01

replace the line from "stump to" to

.......stump to be glued

:) thanks mat ward for the knowlege of the necessity of FAQ/errata LOL

*no fluff was harmed in production of this post

Emerald Rose Widow
11-10-2012, 02:33 AM
I like the method buypainted uses for his spraying of parts. He takes paper clips stuck in wine corks, and super glues the model onto the end of the paper clip bit. you hold onto the wine cork to stabilize

Deadlift
11-10-2012, 03:18 AM
I like the method buypainted uses for his spraying of parts. He takes paper clips stuck in wine corks, and super glues the model onto the end of the paper clip bit. you hold onto the wine cork to stabilize

I do this technique too, it's good because you can rotate the cork to get the paint in the places you want, double sided tape whilst ok is a two stage process.

Autarch
11-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Blue sticky tack. Trust me I'm an eldar/dark eldar player, and all the super light weight daggers, medallions, etc. etc. blow away super easy, and the blue sticky tack keeps em right where I want them. Plus it doesn't pull the primer off when you have to flip the piece around and prime the other side.