PDA

View Full Version : New Citadel Paint Colors?

rsheridan5
10-10-2009, 09:09 PM
So I went shopping tonight, and in then process of making sure that I had all of the colors in the citadel range I found two that aren't listed in the Games Workshop website. The "new" colors I found are Terracotta and Fiery Orange.
Does any body have a comprehensive list of all Citadel paint colors? It doesn't make sense that they would relase a few new colors and not put them on their website... Are there any other colors besides the ones that I listed above?
Any help here woud be appreciated!

jcroxford
10-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Sounds like the shop may have had some old paints lying around. Both are colors that have been discontinued, not new. Fiery orange is a good color that I still use. Stock up while they last!

rsheridan5
10-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Ahh hah! That makes much more sense... I may have to go back and get more of those. I can see how they will be usefull in sceneray and instrumentation.
Thanks for the heads up jcroxford...

Kieranator K82
10-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Another discontinued colour is Bronzed Flesh, which I have a pot of. You can see it in use in 'Paniting Masters: Luke McFarlane', which can be found in the White Dwarf archive on the GW website.

rsheridan5
10-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a pot of that too... Actually I think that it comes in the Citadel Paint Set... I will ahve to try and pick up a couple of those pots as well. I have one now, but I am sure that as with most discontinued items, I will wish that I had more later...

person person
10-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Scaly Green is another useful dis-continued paint too. Hawk Turqoise is a slightly darker version though.

Denzark
10-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Fiery Orange - mixed with ardcoat and a dash of water and dragged over buildings for rust effect (also my plague marines) Terracotta i had no idea was discontinued and use as my base coat for blood red shading.

Shame to hear it.