PDA

View Full Version : New to Space Wolves...

WarHammerman
11-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey all!

I'm new to Space Wolves, and i'm really looking for some advice.

I'm not afraid of Imperial Armour stuff - matter of fact, I want to use Bran Redmaw as my Warlord.

So, using Bran - I'll have at least 1 Grey Hunters as a troop choice.
However, beyond this I'm..... kinda lost.

I'm very much looking to wolf the daylights outta this list.

Mark of the Wulfen anywhere I can. Perhaps some Fenrisian / Cyber wolves too...

So yeah. Lookin' for some advice all =D

Anyone got a good 2500 point list out there?!

- Hammerman

Mr.Pickelz
11-07-2012, 11:20 PM
This is a kind of "Shock and Awe" kind of list. It's meant to hit hard and fast, and is to be used hyper aggressively.
HQ:
Bran Redmaw
2x Rune Priests (take Divination with both)

Troops:
(4x) 10x Grey Hunters - MoW, duo plasma guns, Wolf Standard, plasma pistol, power weapon. Drop Pod transport
(1x) 14x Blood Claws (no upgrades)
Fast Attack:
(2x) 13x Fenrisian Wolves
(1x) 14x Fenrisian Wolves

Heavy Support:
Land Raider Crusader (no upgrades)
(2x) 5x Long Fangs - 5x Missiles, Plasma Gun on Sarg.

With this list you pop in your drop pods right in front of your opponent, with the Wolves and LRC moving up and/or holding the middle table area, while the Long Fangs with Rune Priests hold the back and give some long range firepower. Blood Claws in the LRC give Redmaw a good wound-bucket as well as a unit that can hit hard on the charge. Now if you don't like Blood Claws, or for some reason there is a restriction that I'm unaware of with him joining BC's then you could switch out the LRC for a Redeemer and the Blood Claws for a Grey Hunter unit with plasma pistol, power weapon, Mow, Wolf Standard. Both the GH and Redmaw would go in the LRR in that list.

Ulthwé Guardian
11-08-2012, 04:54 AM
In case you already didn't already know this fact: according to Imperial Armour 11 Q&A (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/i/IA11Q&A.pdf):

Pg127 – The Redmaw:
Add Monstrous Creature to the Redmaw’s Special Rules. Note that Bran
Redmaw does not gain this ability before he succumbs to the Curse of the
Redmaw.