PDA

View Full Version : Discount Warhammer Sites

Scorch
11-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Christmas is getting ever nearer, and I'm just wondering what the general consensus is for buying Warhammer these days? My wishlist on the Games Workshop comes to a dizzying amount, so are there any discount sites people would recommend?

I live in the UK if that helps.
Thanks

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Total Wargamer are pretty good for discounts, they often have 25% off sales at the weekends - but that doesnt factor in p&p, but it's the best I've found. They can be quite slow with sending stuff out though, at times it's taken up to nearly 2 weeks before packages are dispatched.

Bigred
11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
No attempts at quality or age judgements, the "mainline" sites are:

TheWarstore (United States)
Wayland Games (UK)
MiniWarGaming (Canada)
Spikeybits (United States)
DiceBucket (United States)
MiniatureMarket (United States)
BoLSMarket (United States) ...sorry couldn't resist... :)

You can comparison shop and do reviews yourself. Everyone else can feel free to add onto this thread with their favorites and opinions.

JMichael
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM
If you're in the US, I use thewarstore.com
20% off and a flat $6 shipping. I usually get my items within 3-4 days. They also have a big black Friday sale worth checking out.

Kawauso
11-07-2012, 12:06 PM
In addition to MiniWarGaming, I encourage fellow Canadians to check out Great Canadian Miniatures.

They are poorer than MWG in a lot of areas: notably, their site is mostly like a text-based catalogue, they don't have any sort of membership/rewards system(s), sales are infrequent, the site is slow to update and the time it takes to receive an order can, on occasion, be considerable.

On the other hand, their stuff is always 30% off MRSP, so they are great for buying anything in bulk.

Lord Asgul
11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I would say that Dark Sphere is a pretty good site for it, if you live in the UK. They usually deliver within a week if you use Parcel-Force. Also their prices are 25% normal prices. They have recently stopped and then restarted their delivery service of GW products too. Also there is another company called Rocket Hobbies that do it at 25% too, a little bit longer to deliver though.

Simian
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
TotalWargamer are incredibly slow but they are cheap. i've had 3 orders off them and on two of those occasions it taken me reminding them about the order after a month to dispatch it. i would recommend http://www.wargamestore.com/ or Dark sphere though. both very good.

alshrive
11-08-2012, 02:58 AM
i normally use http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/
this site also has a retail store that is relatively local to me so i tend to use, they are dead helpful and friendly to boot!

Wolfshade
11-08-2012, 03:11 AM
I agree with the posts about TotalWargamer, I've had stuff arrive the next day and I've had things arrived two weeks later directly from GW

OrksOrksOrks
11-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Avoid Wayland if you're after Christmas stuff, they won't get it to you in time now, I've never had anything from them delievered within 8 weeks.

Learn2Eel
11-08-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm in Australia so I can't really help you with Europe-centric retailers, but discount_games_store on ebay are really good. Their service is absolutely top-notch and they are extremely quick with their deliveries. Not sure if they are actually cheaper for Americans or Europeans though lol, all I know is they are about 40% cheaper on all the products I get down under. The only annoying thing is that they don't seem to sell finecast packs, but that's ok.

Scorch
11-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks a lot everyone :)

Blackmonkey0
11-09-2012, 02:13 AM
4tkgaming has great prices.

http://www.4tk.co.uk/store/

Blusox69
11-09-2012, 02:54 AM
Red Giant Wargames has just opened in Camberley. He is stocking the entire GW line and is offering no vat on all GW stuff until Christmas. He's also got GW kits he's pieced together from eBay auctions at good prices. He's not online yet but you can find him on Facebook and his contact details are on there.

miteyheroes
11-09-2012, 06:31 AM
In the UK my experience is that Wayland Games takes a time to deliver, but are good at communicating if you bug them. I mostly use Gifts for Geeks, or ebay.

alshrive
11-09-2012, 07:09 AM
In the UK my experience is that Wayland Games takes a time to deliver, but are good at communicating if you bug them. I mostly use Gifts for Geeks, or ebay.
Wahay another Gift for Geeks user! online or instore at Table Top Tyrant?

Psychosplodge
11-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Wargames Emporium (http://www.wargamesemporium.co.uk/) (UK) offers discounted GW stuff, but I've only ever bought instore,

Phototoxin
11-09-2012, 07:29 AM
I'd avoid wayland. I placed my first order with mythreal/total wargamer - said it was dispatched 2 weeks ago and still nothing.
I had to use them over Darksphere as for a time they stopped shipping GW stuff. Thankfully they are now back and they will be my go to as they seem to be honest about stock and dispatch times. Wayland - never again, and my current experience of mythreal is going downhill quickly. =(

_Bunny_
11-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I'll add a third shout out for http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/ I've used them a lot (online, I live too far from their store) over the years with no problems. They're comparable to Wayland games price wise.

White Tiger88
11-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Remember kids online retailer's tend to..well.....Die after a while so support your Local stores if they let you play there free :3 if they don't...E-Bay is your friend!

Merx
11-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Triple Helix Wargames: http://www.triplehelixwargames.co.uk/products.php?subId=28&mid=3

I have had 2 things from them now. Free shipping (which works out cheaper than those with shipping but with lower unit prices).

Ungors arrived very swiftly, within a few days. Ogre Bulls arrived within 10 days since they were out of stock. I was kept fully informed of their re-ordering process and was offered the option to cancel my order.

Cannot recommend them enough.